WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AO Coolers - worth sending back for repair?

SHEP

Reaction score
We have 4 of their coolers that leak. Is it worth sending them back to get patched or repaired? Leaning towards just trashing them as they don't seem to last and will be a waste of money to send them in.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

SHEP

fishing fool

Reaction score
Sounds like you have already made your mind up.

If you live close just drop them off and have them repaired. Much cheaper then getting new ones.

On the other hand keep them and use them for food with ice packs

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
For what they charge for those coolers I would certainly get them repaired.

cofooter

Reaction score
I got mine repaired, don't recall how much but it seemed worth it at the time, they did a great job and seems like the new liner is thicker. Haven't had a problem and it been several years.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
How many holes in each cooler? If not a rip at side seams of liner, Park Tools Super Patch works awesome. I've had my AO Cooler since 2004(?) and quickly punched a hole in liner. A Super Patch lasted 10 plus years on the hole. Just had to re-patch a few years ago. If multiple holes, a re-line is what $10/each? Cheaper than price of new cooler, even with shipping charges.

https://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-GP-2-Super-Patch/dp/B000WY730O

2Driver

Reaction score
I just sent my 12 year old 24 pack AO cooler back for a zipper repair. They called and asked if I wanted a new cooler for another $12.

Id defeintly send them back. I dont want to look like an ass carrying around a $350 yeti soft side. :)

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
I personally don't like the AO coolers, i have had several and they all continue to leak (even after having the lining replaced). At a certain point its not worth my time and effort to send them back. I went and bought a couple Yeti's. Expensive? yes, however they seem to be holding up a lot better. Buy once and cry once.

Bigmutha

Reaction score
I sent one back, so far so good with the new lining.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Got mine repaired with the new liner. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
A friend who lives nearby gathered up a shit load of them from all of us and dropped off, a dozen or so, all fixed, all free.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Bought one 3 years ago and hasn’t leaked at all. Take care of it

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They only charge shipping AFAIK, if you live close where you can just drop em off then do that. You pay good money for them up front BECAUSE they have the lifetime warranty on the liner.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I have had mine for about 10 years or so now. Never had a leak issue. And I am NOWHERE near easy on it. Empties go it it frequently along with God knows what. And it almost always getting packed super full. The only reason I don't use it as much anymore is because the kids, and my lovely wife, have a very hard time remembering to zip it closed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have a couple I need to drop off with tears or zipper issues from the sewing falling apart.

I think they just moved to a new building in corona.

They make a good cooler... my favorite by far is he new stow n go... I love how much easier it is to open and get the drinks.

sintax

Reaction score
I have a couple I need to drop off with tears or zipper issues from the sewing falling apart.

I think they just moved to a new building in corona.

They make a good cooler... my favorite by far is he new stow n go... I love how much easier it is to open and get the drinks.

I've seen the building from the 15/91 interchange, i'm not sure if its open yet though?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The outer liner on mine is tearing . i wonder if they will repair that? Speaking of coolers i picked up one of the walmart ozark coolers. For $30 that thing is legit as fuck! Awesome cooler!

bradscott48

Reaction score
I took 2 coolers to their open house. 1 had a broken buckle that somebody stepped on the other had stitching that came loose on the handle from overloading it and heaving it into the boat. I planned on trading them in and taking advantage of their 40% sale... nope, both replaced for free! Great customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I know these AO threads pop up yearly. Countless of these thing leak. What do you guys do to them?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I know these AO threads pop up yearly. Countless of these thing leak. What do you guys do to them?
Seriously! Must be throwing empties and bottle caps in thiers. ?? That innernliner is pretty stout.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Partying like rock stars [emoji6] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Single_MorningStar_Flail.jpg

Seriously! Must be throwing empties and bottle caps in thiers. ?? That innernliner is pretty stout.
Partying like rock stars [emoji6] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Havafewinsider

Reaction score
We have 4 of their coolers that leak. Is it worth sending them back to get patched or repaired? Leaning towards just trashing them as they don't seem to last and will be a waste of money to send them in.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

SHEP
I dropped mine off today at their new Corona location. It was 12.00 to fix and free shipping to wherever your located. They said their about a month out on repairs if you want to get it done before summer hits.

Hye Power

Reaction score
I live in corona so easy for me to get mine fixed. Ive got about 6 ao coolers and only had 1 leak and it had the old style liner in it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I had one that never leaked and I beat the shit out of it.. Seems like all my others ones leaked from the get go.

That said I figured out a better way of using these things from other members on here. We just freeze water bottles and stick them in there, and or use those cool packs. No more leaks and everything stays cold.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I have 2 and am switching to a Yeti soft cooler. Even when they were new and didn’t leak I wasn’t impressed with how long they held the ice

grumpy88

Reaction score
I think I figured out I was tearing the linear with ice packs that had pointy ends . They can still kiss my ass though . Complete ass holes every time I try to deal with them at the shows . Last year the handle tore off and it turns out those are not covered under warranty. Mine is just a pos for off road use now .

duck660

Reaction score
I have 2 of them... both leak. Leaky AO's, once dried out, are good for carrying your handguns/ammo and ear protection to the range.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I have 2 and am switching to a Yeti soft cooler. Even when they were new and didn’t leak I wasn’t impressed with how long they held the ice

I have a Yeti Two 20 and haven’t been too thrilled with the ice performance. The initial fill of beer/soda and ice can barely make a day sitting in a 70 degree House. I don’t fill it out with ice, so that could be part of my poor performance. A refill of ice will then last a few days. I got mine using Marriott Reward points at 50% of regular point redemption; however I’m not sure I could justify the price if paying retail.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t impressed with how long they held the ice

9 pounds of ice, 36 beers 4 waters - dump ice into plastic bag at end of day and use again the next day.... for at least ten years - never a leak, never a problem. In Havasu!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I freeze 5-6 water bottles .. 30 pack .. Ice and im good for the day at the river during summer with 112 temps average. Frozen water bottles are key!

fishing fool

Reaction score
With all said if you don't want them bring them to me. I'll send them in and get them fixed.