WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AO Soft-Sided Cooler Repair

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck repairing the white membrane inside AO's soft sided coolers?

Apparently someone didnt follow the pre-flight briefing, crushed a can, put it back in the bag and thus cut a little 1" slit in the membrane. The bag still functions however doesnt keep ice as well and more importantly leaks all over the place.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Anybody have any luck repairing the white membrane inside AO's soft sided coolers?

Apparently someone didnt follow the pre-flight briefing, crushed a can, put it back in the bag and thus cut a little 1" slit in the membrane. The bag still functions however doesnt keep ice as well and more importantly leaks all over the place.
Send it to AO. They will replace the liner.

Dettom

Reaction score

I just used a tire repair patch. Problem solved.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@RiverDave you must get a special deal 😂

was quoted $15 for one of the zippers and the liner repaired. On top of shipping costs and downtime I’m looking for a more diy option.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I tried to ask the owner fuck head if they wipe out the moisture / mold that might of built up since the linear was torn before they sew in the new one and he went off . He said it was not his job to clean up my mess . Im not sure how he thought i could clean through a 1/2 tear ? Fuck that guy .

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I fixed a soft cooler using Gorilla tape. Seriously! I know the exact moment the cooler got torn too, I was tossing beers from off the roof of the houseboat and my buddy was catching them and tossing them in the empty cooler. The bottom had a cresent shaped tear in the bottom. Maybe I got lucky with it being a flat surface, I dont know? I know it doesnt leak anymore, Ill try and get an actual pic when I get home

said cooler
1624040207231.png

said tape
1624040369560.png

Reactions: DWC

scottchbrite

Reaction score
They are located at the 15 and 91 interchange if you’re close to that. Drop off and they ship it back.

the tire patch/vinyl repair works in the mean time too.

Ultra912

Reaction score
They won't honor warranty if there's even a tiny sewing thread letting go. They repaired all mine except one due to the threading in the handle velcro was starting to let go. Two of them are already leaking again.

charred1

Reaction score
So are AO coolers garbage? Was spying one at Spanky’s the other day for my boat.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@charred1 Hell no. AO coolers are by far the best soft-sided bags I've owned! The quality is great and their performance exceeds my expectations in every way.

I had an easy conversation with the lady who answered my call and the costs is reasonable but I just dont want the downtime.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They won't honor warranty if there's even a tiny sewing thread letting go. They repaired all mine except one due to the threading in the handle velcro was starting to let go. Two of them are already leaking again.

I've never had any issues with them doing a liner warranty, i have some old ones that are close to 15 years old now, they are just now on their 3rd liner.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Stiching around the straps came loose on my og cooler years ago.. took it in and they gave me a loaner til they had one in stock to replace mine with. Had nothing but great cs with AO

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Gotta figure out what material it is to figure out what to patch it with. If PVC, use one of those repair kits for inflatables or above ground pools.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Throw it out, I have bought so many of those things and made so many trips to drop them from repair. Crap.

77charger

Reaction score
I’ve had one for a while been great so far. No crushed cans though.

Vector

Reaction score
I have two of these. No leaks so far.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I have two AO's. One bought at the dawn of the company, carbon fiber look, 36 can deal. Never been fixed and is the work horse. I have a 24 can bought 5 years ago fixed a couple times. It a std blue fabric deal. So a hit and miss I guess but not a big deal really.

I have found this to be TRUE. Pre- chill everything you put in. If you do ice will last a couple hours and it will remain cold for 3/4 of a day if everyone zips it closed.
If you ice warm stuff its gone in 20 min.

My Favorite is an RITC but the fucking zipper is not for arthritic hands.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
My 15 y/o AO cooler was repaired at no charge.

My cooler was leaking at a seam...no questions asked..
Thank you AO

Ultra912

Reaction score
I've never had any issues with them doing a liner warranty, i have some old ones that are close to 15 years old now, they are just now on their 3rd liner.
They'll honor the warranties as long as the exterior has no issues otherwise they do not. They've repaired three of mine and wouldn't reline one due to exterior stitching

2Driver

Reaction score
@charred1 Hell no. AO coolers are by far the best soft-sided bags I've owned! The quality is great and their performance exceeds my expectations in every way.

I had an easy conversation with the lady who answered my call and the costs is reasonable but I just dont want the downtime.

I called to have a 15 year old one repaired, (zipper fixed) and they just sold me a new one for stupid cheap.