WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Apparently truck-noris is real...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Ford promises the all-wheel-drive Lightning will produce 775 pound-feet of torque and up to 563 horsepower. It pegs 0-60 mph at between four and five seconds, making the Lightning the quickest Ford truck ever.

"I got an early ride in the electric Ford F-150 Lightning. No truck has any business being this quick." https://www.yahoo.com/now/got-early-ride-electric-ford-113300506.html

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The big question is can it make it from the OC to Havasu Marina towing a 3000-4000 lb. boat, then where do you plug it in to charge it up for your ride home? Will you need a gas generator in the bed of your truck as a spare “gas can” so you can make it home?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Did I miss what the range in a charge was or did they leave that out...

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Without a fortified electrical infrastructure all these electric vehicles will put an after hours burden on the current electrical network. So what happens when they want you to not charge your cars at night to take the strain off the electrical grid? How do you get to work the next day? Again, these idiot politicians didn’t think this through with all their decommissioning all these fossil fuel burning power plants.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Without a fortified electrical infrastructure all these electric vehicles will put an after hours burden on the current electrical network. So what happens when they want you to not charge your cars at night to take the strain off the electrical grid? How do you get to work the next day? Again, these idiot politicians didn’t think this through with all their decommissioning all these fossil fuel burning power plants.

Have you been out Rice Road lately?

It's insane the amount of solar being put in!

So sorry, you only get to charge your car when the sun is out. No exceptions allowed. 🙄

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

@Chili Palmer @bldrinker
Nice.... still searching for springs launch price points. Towing folks will still need F250-350 gas looks like.

Ford F-150 Lightning EV Production to Double Thanks to Big Demand (caranddriver.com)

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
The big question is can it make it from the OC to Havasu Marina towing a 3000-4000 lb. boat, then where do you plug it in to charge it up for your ride home? Will you need a gas generator in the bed of your truck as a spare “gas can” so you can make it home?
No superchargers in Havasu. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I got my $100 deposit down. Can’t wait to drive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This things gonna fly off shelves. I'm usually hesitant to buy first production phase but it'd be cool to jump on this bandwagon regardless of bugs.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As a previous Ford truck fan...
Please God, let it be better than when they decided to "build their own" diesel...
They had themselves some growing pains.

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The “range” on the wife’s Tesla is 300ish. That’s 60mph, slightly downhill on a 65degree day. Flip on the AC, 75mph and slight grades 300 miles is a pipe dream. Can’t imagine a full payload or towing.
Yeah I have friends with Teslas and they say same but all love their rides. They talk about a cool feature that shows where the free Tesla power stations are so can map out their travels. I did some reading up on this F150e.... they say while towing you can expect range to be reduced by half and in some heavy cases even down to dbl digit ranges. 99 mile range towing +5K lbs kinda thing.... that kills most of the RDP Cali to AZ boating market. Article mentioned that should be noted even hauling big weight with a gas/ diesel range is greatly reduced between stops.

Your ad here

Reaction score
It's a money thing. Instead of being proactive they are reactive. Create a problem with one thing (to many electric vehicle and no power to charge) and then spend a bunch of other peoples money (tax money) to fix it. All while the politicians have their hands in the pockets of the people upgrading the power grid.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I can just see the range gauge going down quickly as you head up the Indio grade with a 5000 lb. boat in tow with the A/C on. They better install some superchargers at Chiriaco Summit and a good sit down restaurant or you’ll be seeing these trucks with boats in tow littered all along the shoulders of Rice Road and on the 10 on the way to Ehrenberg.

DWC

Reaction score
Yeah I have friends with Teslas and they say same but all love their rides. They talk about a cool feature that shows where the free Tesla power stations are so can map out their travels. I did some reading up on this F150e.... they say while towing you can expect range to be reduced by half and in some heavy cases even down to dbl digit ranges. 99 mile range towing +5K lbs kinda thing.... that kills most of the RDP Cali to AZ boating market. Article mentioned that should be noted even hauling big weight with a gas/ diesel range is greatly reduced between stops.
We took the Tesla to the dam run. I haven’t put a big charger in Havasu yet so part of it is my problem… We ended up going stopping in Needles on the way to Mohave for a fill up, route through BAKER on the way home for another and then home. The trip home was ridiculous. We may take it to Havasu again, it’ll never go on another road trip.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Good luck charging a truck with a trailer 😂
You have to back in a stall to charge. There are no drive thru chargers I know of.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’ll be building a new Fire Station in Desert Center around Feb. Great place for a Supercharger station
There you go, put in a grip of superchargers spaced so you won’t have to disconnect your boat or trailer, put up a decent sit down eatery or two and Bnag! Desert Center is a booming stopover. Maybe even put in a hotel for the guys racing at Chuckwalla. Build everything with a 50’s diner/Art Deco/Route 66 look, maybe even a diner that has a facade like a dog or hot dog like from the 30’s and 40’s.

Javajoe

Reaction score
There you go, put in a grip of superchargers spaced so you won’t have to disconnect your boat or trailer, put up a decent sit down eatery or two and Bnag! Desert Center is a booming stopover. Maybe even put in a hotel for the guys racing at Chuckwalla. Build everything with a 50’s diner/Art Deco/Route 66 look, maybe even a diner that has a facade like a dog or hot dog like from the 30’s and 40’s.
Town was just bought last month and I guess the guy who bought it from Riverside has plans for a few things like that

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Here’s some vids of a Tesla Modrl X towing uphill, and what kind of range you can expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Have you been out Rice Road lately?

It's insane the amount of solar being put in!

So sorry, you only get to charge your car when the sun is out. No exceptions allowed. 🙄

Also more installs further east towards Blythe.

Nuclear power is 24-7 and a years production of power fits in a one car garage. After 20 years it can be used again.