WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are any of you guys running Zipwake Dynamic Trim Tabs?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I am curious if any of you guys have installed the Zipwake Trim Tabs on a performance boat? I am seeing more and more center console boats with these installed and the feedback has been extremely positive. Typical response is that they will never buy another boat without them. I cannot help but wonder how well these things work at speeds over 80-90-100?

At the very least..... they could go a long ways in combating the wakes of the ski/tow boats you guys all complain about.

By the way..... if you have never heard of these before, they are not tabs. They are blades that are computer driven that deploy in fractions of seconds, to counteract the movement of the boat. It’s amazing how they work.

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
I don’t have them installed currently but I’ve been on a few boats with them and they are on my list. Biggest issue I’ve got holding it up is that I have a bolt on hull extension that the life guard boats use as a swim step.

IMG_8859.jpg

Need to figure out how to mount and run the wiring through the extension properly. The boats I have been on with them including my sister ship without the extension have been awesome. Granted these aren’t true performance boats but still topping out above 30 knots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram of how they work?

Taboma

Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram of how they work?

Between these two sites, a lot of info and informative videos. Certainly an interesting concept.

These guys seem to be the American distributor --- a lot of info resources on this site.

Taboma

Reaction score
If you're considering these, which seem quite interesting and innovative to me --- to get a broader opinion of how well they work on various boat types and water conditions, a lot of interesting threads on the subject if you google (Yes, politics be damned, I still like google) "Hull Truth Zipwake" Hull Truth being where real blue water boaters hang out and argue.

lenmann

Reaction score
"At the very least..... they could go a long ways in combating the wakes of the ski/tow boats you guys all complain about."

Nautique uses a similar system, Waveplate, to create the massive surf waves we all so love.