WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are they closing S*** down or not!?

SIK-06

Reaction score
1586366283437.png

jesco

Reaction score
A friend of mine sent this to me yesterday.... Can anybody confirm this? That would SUCK!!! Heading out tomorrow, Im on the AZ of Blythe (Ehrenberg) in a private park, not CRIT land, but that stretch of the river is mainly patrolled by SBSO and Blythe PD. Last weekend we didnt see any patrol boats, but there was rumor that this may happen mid this week.

cofooter

Reaction score
They tried to close access down on Cali side last Saturday and failed miserably.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don’t personally think they can close the water way, just agencies that control the ramps can decide to close them.

I just left Buckskin. I go to dog park there or to Lapaz. Lapaz is closed to anyone not already in the park, so I’ve been going to Buckskin for a couple weeks. They told me today that they closed the day use aspect of the park. There are campers there, they aren’t making them leave, but they are not accepting new campers. I asked about the boat ramp and they said it is open for people in the park, but that it was hour to hour right now. Meaning that could change at any minute.

Buckskin is an Arizona State park, La Paz is a county park, just for reference. Windsor, Cattail, River Island are also Az state Parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think the answer to the question:
It's a definite maybe, and they'll be sure to possibly keep you slightly informed:p

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Vin responded to this in another thread, as far as Havasu goes its fake news.

HCP3

Reaction score
Looks like "havasu_crew" is fishing for followers who crave the latest and greatest fake news.

Reactions: DWC

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
My buddy is a full time resident at big river rv park. He’s saying somebody got a citation from CRIT there yesterday for $1000 for being in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cofooter

Reaction score
Emerald cove was closed by employees and when campers asked for a refund by the masses. It was opened back up next day.
So some authority told them to close? Or they decided themselves? If they were ordered to close, how/why did they re-open? Seems a bit like a circus.

NicPaus

Reaction score
So some authority told them to close? Or they decided themselves? If they were ordered to close, how/why did they re-open? Seems a bit like a circus.
They decided to close it not ordered to from what my friend was told. Then when the campers asked for a refund it opened right back up. They closed our bathroom also and same deal campers were like where do we shit. Bathroom opened back up.

Veeper

Reaction score
It seems funny all this talk about closing Havasu and saying that it can not be done. I not sure about but I do know that Lake Powell, Mead are closed so what's the difference with Havasu.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It seems funny all this talk about closing Havasu and saying that it can not be done. I not sure about but I do know that Lake Powell, Mead are closed so what's the difference with Havasu.

National Park, totally different.

Andy B.

Reaction score

Temple Bar ramp still open AZ side of Mead.

Boat 405

Reaction score
No it was debunked. The Mayor of LHC came out and said no. They don't have the authority to do so. It's a federal water way. Several launch ramps are state property. The state has said they have no intention of closing them at this time.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No it was debunked. The Mayor of LHC came out and said no. They don't have the authority to do so. It's a federal water way. Several launch ramps are state property. The state has said they have no intention of closing them at this time.

This. The Staff at Windsor said they heard nothing of closing the place yesterday when I asked them, and are still handing out the "YES WE ARE OPEN" flyers. There were 15 trucks in the entire parking lot.

YZFRider

Reaction score
The only ones that can close Lake Havasu are the Feds. Havasu is a Federal Waterway. AZ State Parks who run most launch ramps have said they are following the orders of the Governor. He has said to keep parks opened. Unless this is a Federal Mandate, then its not true.