WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are they selling a lot of bicycles in your area?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Kingman Walmart

B873A2A1-50D5-42A9-BB78-C6395E30B9C8.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Bike shop in Havasu has stock.
not a lot under $2K though.
Guy said they sold all their $1k bikes, then the $2k bikes, and working right up the price scale.
(I picked up a 26” used Haro in great shape)

Walmart Havasu was empty empty.
They did get a load of Huffy 26” scouts in last week, maybe 15 of them all identical.
Sure they were gone fast

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I'm actually looking to get a bike for the wife and I so we can ride with the kids.

nordictom

Reaction score
My Daughter works at Contenders Bike shop in Salt Lake. She said it has been crazy selling bikes.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We sold a few used bikes that were at my Dad's house. They were gone within an hour of posting.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Funny you say this... could not find anything here is So Cal. I mean a plain old beach cruiser... no gears, nothing special. Bike just arrived 15 mins ago... ordered from Amazon :cool: I will putting this together tomorrow.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Our local bike shop here in Redlands is saying their sales are up beyond any expectations. They bought a ton of bikes before the lockdown anticipating the surge. Redlands Cyclery on Tennessee Ave. They seem to still have a pretty good inventory.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just saw a news story about this. Bike shop owner in New York said he has sold over 1500 bikes in the last 6 weeks. Didn’t have any in the store during the interview.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Our local bike shop here in Redlands is saying their sales are up beyond any expectations. They bought a ton of bikes before the lockdown anticipating the surge. Redlands Cyclery on Tennessee Ave. They seem to still have a pretty good inventory.

Good folks. Bought a number of bikes from them over the years. Happened to be there once when they raided the house of the asshole terrorist that shot up san berdoo. POS lived around the corner from there.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Haven’t been to a bike shop but lots of new bikes in the neighborhood.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
So why I wonder? Everybody want to suddenly get healthy at once or get the hell away from their spouse?? :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So why I wonder? Everybody want to suddenly get healthy at once or get the hell away from their spouse?? :D

Gyms are closed.
I joined in Feb, went 5 times a week for 3 weeks and the fucking gym shut down.
Haven’t owned a bike in 30 years.

Now all of a sudden I own 2 with a third on the way.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Gyms are closed.

I have 4 now🙄😒. Our beach cruisers and the new ebikes. Main reason for the ebike was ease of transport. Fold in half and drop in trunk.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
havasu white sheet had a pair of beach cruisers for sale in section 610

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Gyms are closed.

WTF do you need 3 bikes for? LOL...

707dog

Reaction score
bikes and GYM equipment in high demand my local stores haven't had chit for selection and craigslist sellers are on drugs with their resale prices

satellitemike

Reaction score
I have been looking for replacements for the wife and I and most shops are down to the "undesirable" bikes right now. Anyone know any retailers w larger E-bikes, preferably beach or maybe mountain w a more upright riding position?
We bought some last year and they have been great but wife wants a slower beach cruiser type.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
I work for a bike company. Globally our warehouses have at about 25% of the inventory we'd typically have in spring. This is for two reasons. 1: The factories across Asia were shut down for 4-6 weeks in late winter when they should have been making bikes. 2: People are now buying bikes like crazy. April is Christmastime in our industry, and we just had the biggest April ever. Sold 9 months worth of bikes under $1000 in three weeks. Kids bikes and low-to-mid priced MTBs are hot hot hot, because everyone needs something fun to do with the schools, team sports, offices and gyms shut down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/nyregion/bike-shortage-coronavirus.html

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before -- my son-in-law started and owns one of the largest internet bicycle retailing operations in the country. His sales for February, March and April have been through the roof -- best months in his company's 22 year history. And it isn't just complete bicycles, it's parts, accessories and bicycle tools too. Inventory isn't a problem for him, he always has a huge warehouse of product on hand. I also posted about a month ago that he is hiring -- needs bike mechanics, warehouse workers, gear advisors (sales people) etc. Most orders ship within 24-hours and shipping is free -- jensonusa.com