WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ARE Truck Caps...any connections or suggested dealers?

hboutlaw

Reaction score
I'm looking to get an A R E truck cap for my GMC Sierra. Checking with the members to see if anyone knows a connection or has a recommended dealer. I'm in Huntington Beach/Havasu but don't mind driving for a good deal and service.

mobldj

Reaction score
craiglist and hope you get lucky.thats where i found mine.500 bucks
dodge and shell.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
I dunno but...I had a snug top for about a week. It was a over the bed rail type. One side had a bow in it and it rubbed the paint. Went back to Socal trucks in santee they told me talk to the manufacture. Snugtop then said bring it to then for repairs, ha. I said no refund me, they said thats Socal trucks issue. Went back to Socal, guy at the counter said I need the approval from the owner. Ok wheres the owner, umm not here. Ok I will wait then. Few hours go by, Im in their little lobby. I see a older guy that I know is the owner.
I go the desk and tell the kid 'listen this is not your issue, you sell for snugtop, refund me, remove it, deal with them' 'who is fixing my paint?' ' I have all fucking day to sit here, every person that walks in the door im going to talk to, if you tell me to leave I will do it from the side walk'. Old guy now hears me. But instantly doesnt have good English so he wont talk. Few minutes later they refund me.
Went and bought a Leer down the street. Fuck snug top and that place.

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I bought a brand new one for my ford a year ago. Just be careful of installing it. Mine comes a cunt hair from hitting the paint in a couple places. Plus its tight at the corners and on the middle has a bigger gap.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I just got a quote from DACO For my F150 on Sepulveda in Van Nuys, they were about 2k.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
IMG_05831.jpg

We had a good experience with Sno-Valley camper (contact Stephanie) in El Monte on this work truck.

Reaction score
when you do order your top, option the fold down front window. that's so you can wash the outside rear window on truck. (I had snug top with no issues)

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I dunno but...I had a snug top for about a week. It was a over the bed rail type. One side had a bow in it and it rubbed the paint. Went back to Socal trucks in santee they told me talk to the manufacture. Snugtop then said bring it to then for repairs, ha. I said no refund me, they said thats Socal trucks issue. Went back to Socal, guy at the counter said I need the approval from the owner. Ok wheres the owner, umm not here. Ok I will wait then. Few hours go by, Im in their little lobby. I see a older guy that I know is the owner.
I go the desk and tell the kid 'listen this is not your issue, you sell for snugtop, refund me, remove it, deal with them' 'who is fixing my paint?' ' I have all fucking day to sit here, every person that walks in the door im going to talk to, if you tell me to leave I will do it from the side walk'. Old guy now hears me. But instantly doesnt have good English so he wont talk. Few minutes later they refund me.
Went and bought a Leer down the street. Fuck snug top and that place.
Leer now owns snugtop. Ol heartmuit (not sure on the spelling) was the original owner and had good quality, during the transition to leer owning snugtop i noticed the quality control really dropped off

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
Leer now owns snugtop. Ol heartmuit (not sure on the spelling) was the original owner and had good quality, during the transition to leer owning snugtop i noticed the quality control really dropped off

Hopefully leer fixes it. They people I talked to just didn’t give a shit. Denied there was problems, I sent pics of it rubbing the paint. I adjusted it. Put foam in there etc.
I originally said please sent the dealer a new one, same color. Swap it. Nope.
I looked at 4 or 5 other tops at the dealer all had the same problem
Toneau cover now, once our lab passes away there was no need for the top

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I'm looking to get an A R E truck cap for my GMC Sierra. Checking with the members to see if anyone knows a connection or has a recommended dealer. I'm in Huntington Beach/Havasu but don't mind driving for a good deal and service.

Save a ton a keep an eye out on Facebook Marketplace. Tons of caps on there. Just bought one for my truck for $500.

F0C0C863-1E94-4B18-93A3-0BF2A3FAF55A.jpeg

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Hopefully leer fixes it. They people I talked to just didn’t give a shit. Denied there was problems, I sent pics of it rubbing the paint. I adjusted it. Put foam in there etc.
I originally said please sent the dealer a new one, same color. Swap it. Nope.
I looked at 4 or 5 other tops at the dealer all had the same problem
Toneau cover now, once our lab passes away there was no need for the top
Yeah that sucks period. I have always had gaylord tonneau covers and had good luck, but then again Bill sold gaylord earlier in the year and is out if the industry. I dont know who to use for a tonneau anymore

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
We buy ours at the Wheel Shop in Riverside.... Good products and prices.

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
8148 Lincoln Ave, Ste 102 Riverside, California