WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are you guys financially ready for Donald Trump?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Check your 401k Balances right now and check them again on Wednesday if DT wins the election.:point Let's hope you are hedged.

GRADS

Reaction score
Even Shinturd said and I quote...."I moved all my 401K to bonds yesterday and sold some stocks.

Going to wait and see what happens next week."

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Hedge away, do you really think the stock market is an indicator of economic health, or the fact that we have had 8 years with interest rates at or near zero, leaving no other option than for investors to drive the stock market price up......

As soon as interest rates come up you can kiss those imaginary earnings goodbye, the stock market is a ponzi scheme at this point, it only has value as long as people keep buying because there are no other options for investment.

GRADS

Reaction score
Hedge away, do you really think the stock market is an indicator of economic health, or the fact that we have had 8 years with interest rates at or near zero, leaving no other option than for investors to drive the stock market price up......

As soon as interest rates come up you can kiss those imaginary earnings goodbye, the stock market is a ponzi scheme at this point, it only has value as long as people keep buying because there are no other options for investment.

That's why I cashed out a week ago....fucking awesome!

jet496

Reaction score
What ever happens the day after elections is meaningless and temporary due to emotional reactions, but I predict stocks will rise if Trump gets in.

GRADS

Reaction score
What ever happens the day after elections is meaningless and temporary due to emotional reactions, but I predict stocks will rise if Trump gets in.

You should bet on that!!

jet496

Reaction score
I do know a lot of people who've turned their stocks to cash a while back waiting for the ax to fall, not anything to do with the election, but more to do with the zero interest rate buoying the market. I'm tempted to do it but I always screw myself when I start trading like that.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm guessing 99% of you are are not ready for a Trump win.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

I'm gonna buy as much cheap stock as possible. The less peeps in the market the better. Exactly what Trump has talked about, capitalize when you guys can't.

Must suck to have bills [emoji2][emoji106]

JD D05

Reaction score
If your still using a 401 as a primary savings vehicle you already lost.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
All I know about finances is I made way too much this year and uncle sam is gonna get me [emoji35]

RCDave

Reaction score
With 15-20 % of a portfolio, short any domestic stock that will be impacted by the Trump tariffs. Short the dollar. With the ever expanding debt, the purchasing power of the dollar will continue to decline

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
All I know about finances is I made way too much this year and uncle sam is gonna get me [emoji35]

Vic if you don't already have a tax guy you really need to get one ASAP that can guide you to save some of your tax burden keep that hard earned money in your own pocket.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Vic if you don't already have a tax guy you really need to get one ASAP that can guide you to save some of your tax burden keep that hard earned money in your own pocket.

I messaged Shintoooo last year I'm really considering having him help us out. My lady had worked years prior but last year I feel like we got worked and this year I think we both made more.

Singleton

Reaction score
No matter who gets elected on Tuesday the market will have a negative reaction. If you go back in history that has occurred over multiple elections. My money man moved some things around to safer investment options and we will buy back into stocks after the election reaction has settled down. It has nothing to do with who gets elected, the market does not like any political change.

Singleton

Reaction score
I messaged Shintoooo last year I'm really considering having him help us out. My lady had worked years prior but last year I feel like we got worked and this year I think we both made more.

One thing to remember is it will take 2 years to get everything fixed. The year you hire someone will be an adjustment year and in year 2 you will start seeing how a professional tax planner helps you defer / limit paying taxes.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Sounds like you are planning on him winning...classic. Even more classic, sounds like you are hoping for America to fail. Is Grads really George Soros? Has Soros infiltrated RDP? My financial advise to you Grads is to buy lots of stock in KMB as you and all of Killery's supporters will be needing lots of Kleenex when Trump gets elected. Now go wipe that Clinton jizz off your chin...

NicPaus

Reaction score
Lots of work by the Trump golf course with new development and remodels. Know a few that work there as outside contractors and employees. Working on 1 by there myself.

There is 1 Clinton locally and only one benefits from him is the dope man the Clintons use to keep him happy. Lives life like most free food free dope the American dream.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I diversified about 16 months ago, mostly due my age and the length of the expansion. I'm going to stick with this model for awhile to see what happens.

I met with a portfolio manager and an economist the other day, they weren't too worried either way. They're partial to bonds given the uncertainty but neither of them are fleeing the market entirely.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
A retired Morgan Stanley, good friend, said leave your stuff right where it is. Dividend Stocks

Singleton

Reaction score
A retired Morgan Stanley, good friend, said leave your stuff right where it is. Dividend Stocks

This depends on age. Even with moving stuff around I still have 50% stocks, down from 75. I still consider myself young so my investment strategy is based on me retiring in 25 years when my youngest is forecasted to be done with college.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
This depends on age. Even with moving stuff around I still have 50% stocks, down from 75. I still consider myself young so my investment strategy is based on me retiring in 25 years when my youngest is forecasted to be done with college.

Ya, a little older than you. Already retired and I'm sorry you have so many years to go. I don't think I could do that in this day and age. Good luck sir.

Singleton

Reaction score
Ya, a little older than you. Already retired and I'm sorry you have so many years to go. I don't think I could do that in this day and age. Good luck sir.

I could retire sooner but decided working until my youngest kid is out of college makes sense. My oldest graduates college this year and my middle is out of high school in 2019. Investment plan has me done at 55, but my daughter would still be a soph in college at that age. Decided retirement is best once my youngest kid is out I school and maybe married.
However in another 15 years I might be ready to call it and retire.

max930

Reaction score
Yes, I love the prospect of a Trump presidency. Obama has been a disaster for Canada, along with many other traditional allies. Bringing in Mexico into free trade has been a huge disaster for Canada. We also invested in Obama's financial crisis bailout. Our banks have fallen in global size in terms of assets under management. We put in $12 billion of taxpayer money into bailing out Chrysler and GM. The last 8 years, the big three automakers have been pulling out of Canada. All GM and Chryslers plants here are set to close by 2017 in favor of Mexico. Obama and Hillary's foreign policy, has nearly started a new cold war with Russia. Its also created a massive resurgence of radical Islam around the world.

A Hillary presidency will see a re-rise of a Nazism in Europe.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Are you guys ready for the a queda attack tomorrow and the isis on Tuesday? I won't lie I'm a little nervous with the threats.think of the damage a couple City wolves could do

530RL

Reaction score
Are you guys ready for the a queda attack tomorrow and the isis on Tuesday? I won't lie I'm a little nervous with the threats.think of the damage a couple City wolves could do

:):):):):):)

[video=youtube;4kU0XCVey_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U[/video]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If you figure out how to to claim a yuge lose and not pay taxes for the next few years, you'll be considered a genius and more patriotic... ;)

I don't know how anyone can say that's not smart. He's a weasel yes but a smart one

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say that's not smart. He's a weasel yes but a smart one

Well, I guess one could make the argument that his accountants are smart, not him. He doesn't do his own taxes.. I'll never say that all tax money is spent wisely, but if people have kids that attend public school, use our roadways, count on our police and fire fighter resources, our military, use the lakes and rivers (which is pretty big to most of us here), and many other resources our tax money goes to, then yes, it's not smart to dodge taxes.

A person can't say they support the military, police, or whatever, but say they won't contribute toward it, especially when one has he financial means to do so

GRADS

Reaction score
It's looking like this thread is a moot point.:champagne:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Well, I guess one could make the argument that his accountants are smart, not him. He doesn't do his own taxes.. I'll never say that all tax money is spent wisely, but if people have kids that attend public school, use our roadways, count on our police and fire fighter resources, our military, use the lakes and rivers (which is pretty big to most of us here), and many other resources our tax money goes to, then yes, it's not smart to dodge taxes.

A person can't say they support the military, police, or whatever, but say they won't contribute toward it, especially when one has he financial means to do so

Yup I hear ya. I support all of the above except public schools. I'll be paying for my boys to attend a Christian school

RCDave

Reaction score
To me the best preparation for the coming economic challenges is to be debt light/free and have the most available cash flow as possible. This provides for life style protection in the event of higher taxes, lower income, etc. Then to have a store of diversified liquidity to draw on when asset values pop again. Buy low sell high. And be prepared to take care of your family for a protracted period

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I survived the dot.com bust in 2000 and the housing bubble in 2008.
The only thing that saved me last time was ...I sold on the 3rd down day, then bought Ford at $2 and held it till $14.

This year I decided to be proactive at the end of Sept and get more into Stable funds and reduce my stock market exposure.
I have a 15 year time horizon so I cant afford to get hurt this time around.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Cashing out would be pretty pointless now. You are talking about capital gains up to 25-30%..... If it was stocks purchased in the last 2 years that made money..... probably worst.

If you really think stocks would drop 20-30%... your better off buying more stocks and writing off your "other" losses....

Wouldn't this be the right decision? (shintoooooo)