WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are you ready for when the SHTF? Know any "Preppers?"

riverroyal

Reaction score
I just prepped this toilet seat with a nice layer of paper to sit on.
You can never be too cautious

dribble

Reaction score
Both my cat and I are completely ready.

s-l640.jpg

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Cars will be mostly fine in the event of an EMP.. car mfgs have done some testing with them.. you just have to restart the car if it was running. This depends on where it is parked and a few other factors, but cars won’t be rendered useless.
This is where the ole camper special F250 made of real steel with points ignition comes out on top. That is - if you can get it started :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hang out for a bit and wait for the first wave to flee or die.

Eventually head to the closest marina with a bunch of tools,food, guns and ammo.

Find a decent manageable sailboat that's equipped with rods,reels and a water maker.

Enjoy the rest of my life sailing for warm waters before my insulin supply dries up and I die and turn into a zombie...haha
So your plan consists of somebody elses fully stocked sailboat....
I'm in!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Us folks in the greater LA area are going to die from plague and typhus from homeless and rats before Putin gets us. My prep consists of hand sanitizer and frequent showers

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
The best plan is to NOT live in Cali - the rest of the country doesn't/won't have most of these problems to worry about

j21black

Reaction score
Not going anywhere.

Have several neighbors all with a similar mindset. They are more active on the prepping side, as we are not, but we have enough food and water to last us a couple months on our own, without help from them. Not one of us is great at everything, but each of us are good at something that would prove valuable in a SHTF situation. In fact when I moved there, they told me I completed a need they hadn't covered yet.

Plan is the same as it is everyday. Keep and eye out for your neighbor and he will do the same for you. If he needs help, help and the favor will be returned when you need it. It's very easy to spot when something is out of place, and when that happens we are always letting each other know.

If/when anything occurs, I'm comfortable where I'm at.

I had a good friend once tell me if a STHF deal arises, there are going to be takers and givers - Be prepared to be a taker. Not sure I agree with his idea, but it's easy to see that it will likely play out in that fashion, and there is no sugar coating it. People will do what they have to do to make sure their family stays as safe and healthy as possible.

buck35

Reaction score
Not going anywhere.

Have several neighbors all with a similar mindset. They are more active on the prepping side, as we are not, but we have enough food and water to last us a couple months on our own, without help from them. Not one of us is great at everything, but each of us are good at something that would prove valuable in a SHTF situation. In fact when I moved there, they told me I completed a need they hadn't covered yet.

Plan is the same as it is everyday. Keep and eye out for your neighbor and he will do the same for you. If he needs help, help and the favor will be returned when you need it. It's very easy to spot when something is out of place, and when that happens we are always letting each other know.

If/when anything occurs, I'm comfortable where I'm at.

I had a good friend once tell me if a STHF deal arises, there are going to be takers and givers - Be prepared to be a taker. Not sure I agree with his idea, but it's easy to see that it will likely play out in that fashion, and there is no sugar coating it. People will do what they have to do to make sure their family stays as safe and healthy as possible.

BNAG! We live a ways out of town ,know pretty much everyone in a mile radius.

j21black

Reaction score
BNAG! We live a ways out of town ,know pretty much everyone in a mile radius.

Same, there are 5 of us on a loop, all with 5 or 10 acre plots. Can see for a mile in most directions from mine.

We are good where we are at.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This is always my first thought. Irvine isn’t a target, but I’m not convinced that Seal Beach wouldn’t be a high value target. Pretty convinced they have nukes there.

Funny! Seal Beach, Irvine, anywhere in SoCal would be vaporized by all the nukes (it would only take one) that are aimed at LA/SoCal - doesn't matter where in LA/OC you live

77charger

Reaction score
My guess is they weigh 500 lbs. :D
They feel like 500 pounds LOL i reload and years ago i bought 2 boxes of 500 bullets for reloading and thought no big deal ill carry in my backpack after 5 minutes i was like wtf was i thinking.

petie6464

Reaction score
One things for sure; There is good money to be made by selling fear and there are plenty of customers. If memory serves me right there was a time known as Y2K, people have short memories.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The best plan is to NOT live in Cali - the rest of the country doesn't/won't have most of these problems to worry about
Been in CA all my life. Never had to worry about building a tornado shelter. :) Been thru 3 big earthquakes and a couple fires. :D