WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona move? Or ?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I've inquired before but now I'm retired and ready
I really want out of California bad and very interested in Scottsdale or another nice Arizona area. I have a 17 and 11 year old so I need a place with good schools, college opportunities and career opportunities for my kids.

Would love to hear from some family people living in Arizona for the pros and cons. Not really interested in havasu area full time. Scottsdale peeps ? Not totally one sided either would also consider texas or idaho.

I just want a better life for my kids.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
California is a minute behind Arizona. I'm interested in the move too, but if Biden truly gets in, I don't think it will matter where your at. I've had a few clients recently move to Texas and the feedback has been closer to what I am looking for. Tenn. and Florida are also a great options as well.

Joker

Reaction score
We looked around queen creek along with Chandler and Gilbert but didn’t care for it. Most developments have your neighbors in your ass and that’s one reason I’ll leave California. Nothing reasonable would be able to replace the views and peace we have in bullhead.

poncho

Reaction score
We looked around queen creek along with Chandler and Gilbert but didn’t care for it. Most developments have your neighbors in your ass and that’s one reason I’ll leave California. Nothing reasonable would be able to replace the views and peace we have in bullhead.
My little Sister built a McMansion in Queen Creek, couldn't wait to see it....When i pulled up I was shocked how close the houses are together, reminded me of townhomes.....No fucking thanks.
I live on a small lake and its lined with what we call cottages, nature of living on the water here.....out in the desert no reason for that.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, schools were decent for kids here near Prescott. Meaning drugs and booze are less than a lot of cities. Covid has messed up the schools a bit though. We have a good Jr College, a hippy 4yr private, and Embry Riddle for flight and aero tech. Jobs that are decent is kind of a tough one though. I have a daughter that's a senior, looking at Embry, ASU or Service Academy...then 9th and 7th grade boys coming up. We left Cali when my daughter was going into Jr High.

2Driver

Reaction score

Well you guys just went to the wrong side of town then.

A761D5FF-E9E1-4D2B-8DD4-B9E7781E449D.jpeg

jetur

Reaction score
Check out Verrado. www.verrado.com Homes from 400k-4mil. We have tons of people in this neighborhood that wanted out of Ca. I have lived in northern az and would rather be there but the job opportunities and schools are endless in and around phoenix. The nice thing about Verrado is you are 15 min from everything and on the west side of town it's quick to get to the river.

Joker

Reaction score
Check out Verrado. www.verrado.com Homes from 400k-4mil. We have tons of people in this neighborhood that wanted out of Ca. I have lived in northern az and would rather be there but the job opportunities and schools are endless in and around phoenix. The nice thing about Verrado is you are 15 min from everything and on the west side of town it's quick to get to the river.
My buddy had a house there when it first opened, then bought another. Two things I learned.
1. Traffic sucks if you have to work
2. There's a shit ton of drama in that community.
I really liked the small main street appeal 10 years ago but I assume that is gone with the place being built out.

LhcBrad

Reaction score
I am a Realtor up here in Coeur D Alene Idaho. I was not sure what part of Idaho you would consider. To give you an idea what our market is doing I did a search for residential with at least 2 acres. The new homes on 5 acres are very popular now. If your interested in more information or have any questions about anything feel free to e mail me [email protected] or call me on my cell phone 208-651-5134
Here is the link with some listings.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
My little Sister built a McMansion in Queen Creek, couldn't wait to see it....When i pulled up I was shocked how close the houses are together, reminded me of townhomes.....No fucking thanks.
I live on a small lake and its lined with what we call cottages, nature of living on the water here.....out in the desert no reason for that.

Yeah, those cottages are right on top of each other! 😁

That little cruise we took around your lake is still one of the most relaxing boating experiences I've ever had.

IMG_3690.JPG
IMG_3699.JPG
IMG_3702.JPG

Joker

Reaction score
Well you guys just went to the wrong side of town then.

View attachment 958243

That property isn't being had for under 800K. While it's beautiful, we're wanting to be realistic on whats really affordable for retirement. Some of the larger estates out past San Tan were amazing but not 700K amazing.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
No they counter votes that didn’t exist. Arizona is still a red state. Go walk the streets and show me that blue majority
The blue majority only exists on election day via the media. All other days it's a red state. At least from what I see.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Been in AZ over 33 years. Retired for 5. I'm looking to get the hell out. Californians (the wrong kind) coming over, fleeing the BS of that Kommie state and now voting for the same things over here. Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, all turning (or turned) dark blue. Fuck that.

The only reason I'm still here is my mother-in-law in our River house. Wife is main caretaker. And no other family near (or willing) enough to help. As soon as we can get her on Long Term Care and in assisted living, were selling everything and going North. Wyoming is looking really good. Especially after being in this heat for so long. It's fun for a while and when you're younger, but as you get older, it's nothing but a hindrance.

When the time comes.....

BoatCop OUT!

jetur

Reaction score
My buddy had a house there when it first opened, then bought another. Two things I learned.
1. Traffic sucks if you have to work
2. There's a shit ton of drama in that community.
I really liked the small main street appeal 10 years ago but I assume that is gone with the place being built out.
Yes, if you have to drive to or from PHX during rush hour it's a shit show.
Haven't experienced the drama but, I'm too busy working to talk to the neighbors. Lol.
The main street deal is pretty fun but you are right event's and restaurants / bars have become more crowded over the years.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Been in AZ over 33 years. Retired for 5. I'm looking to get the hell out. Californians (the wrong kind) coming over, fleeing the BS of that Kommie state and now voting for the same things over here. Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, all turning (or turned) dark blue. Fuck that.

The only reason I'm still here is my mother-in-law in our River house. Wife is main caretaker. And no other family near (or willing) enough to help. As soon as we can get her on Long Term Care and in assisted living, were selling everything and going North. Wyoming is looking really good. Especially after being in this heat for so long. It's fun for a while and when you're younger, but as you get older, it's nothing but a hindrance.

When the time comes.....

BoatCop OUT!

and you guys are OK with the snow and cold?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That property isn't being had for under 800K. While it's beautiful, we're wanting to be realistic on whats really affordable for retirement. Some of the larger estates out past San Tan were amazing but not 700K amazing.

You can find something around Cave Creek with some fixer upper stuff. I know you are handy doing things building wise.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
You should hear the realtors/builders In Texas.

They are calling us CA residents “refuges”.

It’s getting damn expensive out here too, if you are looking for custom home in a planned community.

Backlash

Reaction score

When the time comes.....

BoatCop OUT!

Wyoming is colder than a well diggers backside!! I spent six years there growing up, and am still trying to thaw out! It snowed 7-8 months out of the year and the wind NEVER stopped blowing. Its absolutely gorgeous, but cold as FOCK!!!

JBS

Reaction score
Scottsdale has excellent schools. We actually pulled from private after we moved. Not only saved 25k but my daughter really enjoys the whole neighborhood experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

poncho

Reaction score

Cdog

Reaction score
I’d say 500k is the starting point for a decent home in a safe family area in the N to NW valley. As well as Gilbert/Chandler. These areas will be family tract home areas however.

For Scottsdale you’re starting in the mid 600’s. And again tract homes. Schools are most likely the best in Scottsdale PV district. Ideally 85255 & Desert ridge area.

JBS

Reaction score
I’d say 500k is the starting point for a decent home in a safe family area in the N to NW valley. As well as Gilbert/Chandler. These areas will be family tract home areas however.

For Scottsdale you’re starting in the mid 600’s. And again tract homes. Schools are most likely the best in Scottsdale PV district. Ideally 85255 & Desert ridge area.

You might want to check out the Desert Ridge school recommendation. I have some close friends with 3 kids that would highly disagree.

Cdog

Reaction score
You might want to check out the Desert Ridge school recommendation. I have some close friends with 3 kids that would highly disagree.

What school specifically?

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
and you guys are OK with the snow and cold?

We lived 3 years in South Jersey. Not as bad as Wyoming, but had our share of negative temps. You gotta remember I spent some time in Antarctica and North slope of Alaska. Might end up as Snowbirds, Condo in Vegas/Henderson if the cold gets too much for us. Also thinking of Southern Utah, Cedar City to St. George areas. We'll have all options open.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We lived 3 years in South Jersey. Not as bad as Wyoming, but had our share of negative temps. You gotta remember I spent some time in Antarctica and North slope of Alaska. Might end up as Snowbirds, Condo in Vegas/Henderson if the cold gets too much for us. Also thinking of Southern Utah, Cedar City to St. George areas. We'll have all options open.

I know you will think it all thru and make the right decision for you and the wife. It would only work for me if I had a warm place for the winters

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I am a Realtor up here in Coeur D Alene Idaho. I was not sure what part of Idaho you would consider. To give you an idea what our market is doing I did a search for residential with at least 2 acres. The new homes on 5 acres are very popular now. If your interested in more information or have any questions about anything feel free to e mail me [email protected] or call me on my cell phone 208-651-5134
Here is the link with some listings.

Have many friends from work retired there. I certainly consider it but not sure the wife will do snow.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If you think AZ is blue or turning blue; if you think you can’t get a great home on a great piece of land here in AZ, please keep driving and find your nirvana elsewhere.

We left Kalifornia and love it here and we only wish we did it years ago. It’s not my job to do the research and legwork for you - we did that already for ourselves.

Go find your piece of heaven and enjoy it. Wherever it is

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
If you think AZ is blue or turning blue; if you think you can’t get a great home on a great piece of land here in AZ, please keep driving and find your nirvana elsewhere.

We left Kalifornia and love it here and we only wish we did it years ago. It’s not my job to do the research and legwork for you - we did that already for ourselves.

Go find your piece of heaven and enjoy it. Wherever it is

How does this help the original poster? Why don’t you instead help him out and let him know where to look since you’re an “expert” in living in AZ now that you’ve been there all of what? three years?

C08H18

Reaction score

I'm between Verado and Litchfield Park. Closest coffee and grocery is old town verado where you will find more RZRs and golf carts than cars parked on main street. just 5 min from Verado are a bunch of 1+ acre homes. in my neighborhood, most have big shops, pools, & casitas. i don't drive toward PHX due to traffic. Lk Pleasant is 45 min, LHC is 2hr 30 min. Heading south in the SxS, I can find trails just about 10-15 min away or tow up North via the 303 loop. With a few exceptions, there isn't much in terms of good dining like Scottdale but Scottsdale doesn't have the Waddell Corral or Roman's Oasis either.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I will.tell you what I found going to Arizona the last few months

I really like the small towns, specifically]
Payson on up to Prescott

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
How does this help the original poster? Why don’t you instead help him out and let him know where to look since you’re an “expert” in living in AZ now that you’ve been there all of what? three years?

Sorry I wasn’t clear - my response was to all those dumping on AZ.

I’m in a beautiful part of East Mesa up against Tonto National Forest close to the Salt River and there’s 4 lakes on it. We could’ve moved anywhere in this area and we saw many houses and communities before we picked this one.

I’m happy to help if needed

77charger

Reaction score
I will.tell you what I found going to Arizona the last few months

I really like the small towns, specifically]
Payson on up to Prescott
Last weekend we took a quick trip to Wickenburg area to go shooting. On way back we stopped at western trails ranch for lunch food was good and got to see some rodeo roping as well. Made a good day trip.
I’m still new to az but liking it when I’m there lot of cool places to explore and see. Done 2 glamis trips from there and enjoy the easy drive without sitting on the 91 on a Friday. 😂