WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona MVD Online - GARBAGE

gqchris

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck using the online services? I want to register a used car I am getting in a week, and I have an Arizona ID, So I login no problem to the AZ site. Its the secondary enhanced verification that is pure garbage. 3 Choices - You have Eid app on Smart Phone. Its junk. Doesnt work, App crashes, tried 3 different phones.. You have Microsoft Facial Recognition, Nope, it sucks, doesnt work. lastly you have an Experian soft pull that ID's you. Nope that Webhook isnt working either. So I guess I'm screwed. Do you guys just make an appointment online and deal with it from that and go in to the Havasu location? Or have a third party service do it. Thanks.

I am in IT and I would hate for the average Arizonan to try to navigate this shit storm of wasted government spending on garbage contracts.

Joker

Reaction score
Mine was real simple. Used option 3, uploaded documents and done. Paper plates printed and on the truck .

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
I’m not sure how she did it but my wife got both stickers for my side-by-side

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
It's been a complete waste of time for me trying to do a title transfer, it's useless as well as the number to call once you get through the ID verification. .

One2go

Reaction score
Ordered new stickers for the can am was here in Ca in about a week or less

gqchris

Reaction score
Mine was real simple. Used option 3, uploaded documents and done. Paper plates printed and on the truck .

I wish it would work. it seems their interface with Experian is down right now. Last 3 days I have tried

Taboma

Reaction score
Might be helpful, maybe not ?? I failed on the website several times, finally called. Tried early AM, no go, finally successful when I called around 10 AM CA time on a Friday.
Lady was very helpful and got it handled, but that was just a registration renewal, so your experience may be different. :rolleyes:

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
The entire AZ MVD system sux now whether online or in store
They changed it and it got awful
I had to do the Eid just to get a plate refund

The Havasu MVD removed almost all chairs and now some of the elderly don't have a place to sit
2 lines, 1 for questions and 1 for appointments
Don't even think they'll answer your questions while people are there for appointments
Don't get there early(literally 5 minutes) and they send you to the back of the room to stand

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Use it quite a bit. In fact just yesterday and it’s always been fairly easy.

SOD

Reaction score
Had all the same problems getting into the system. Finally walked into quick stop by car toys and walked out 15 minutes later with everything I needed done. 40 extra bucks but worth every penny. I'll never go to MVD again.

77charger

Reaction score
I thought ca dmv was a joke til i tried to transfer my sand rail to az.So much hassle and dealing with mvd who were incompotant was a waste of time i ended up just paying ca late fee just to get it registered to use at glamis.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck using the online services? I want to register a used car I am getting in a week, and I have an Arizona ID, So I login no problem to the AZ site. Its the secondary enhanced verification that is pure garbage. 3 Choices - You have Eid app on Smart Phone. Its junk. Doesnt work, App crashes, tried 3 different phones.. You have Microsoft Facial Recognition, Nope, it sucks, doesnt work. lastly you have an Experian soft pull that ID's you. Nope that Webhook isnt working either. So I guess I'm screwed. Do you guys just make an appointment online and deal with it from that and go in to the Havasu location? Or have a third party service do it. Thanks.

I am in IT and I would hate for the average Arizonan to try to navigate this shit storm of wasted government spending on garbage contracts.

Chris, the ID verification is only a one time thing I believe. Once you do that you are good. I did the scan of my ID and uploaded it a few months ago.

Once I did that, everything since is very quick and easy.

SOD

Reaction score
Is there a 3rd party place in Havasu??
I posted above, but I swear by quick stop. They just opened a few months ago and do vehicles, ID's, and most other services.

Last edited:

240Hallett

Reaction score
I called and made appointments at the Havasu office for my ol lady and me to get IDs. Showed up at appointment time and we were both out of there in a half hour.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I bought a bike in Huntington Beach with an AZ plate. The transfer info has been filled out on the back properly, but if I mail it to MVD in Arizona and it gets lost, then I have no title anymore. Is there an alternative between driving to AZ to transfer in person and risking the USPS to not screw it up?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I posted above, but I swear by quick stop. They just opened a few months ago and do vehicles, ID's, and most other services.

I called quick stop to register my sxs in az and they said they don’t do off road vehicle reg.

gqchris

Reaction score
Chris, the ID verification is only a one time thing I believe. Once you do that you are good. I did the scan of my ID and uploaded it a few months ago.

Once I did that, everything since is very quick and easy.
Yea I tried doing that with Option #1. Damn app just bombs every time. I tried two different phones, same thing. In looking at the reviews for eID, everyone says the same thing is happening. Ughhhh

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yea I tried doing that with Option #1. Damn app just bombs every time. I tried two different phones, same thing. In looking at the reviews for eID, everyone says the same thing is happening. Ughhhh

That sucks. Once you get past that it’s very easy.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with them now. For some reason they sent my SXS registration to Sierra Title. Fortunately Sierra Title was able to forward it to me. I went online to change the address to mine, and it showed mine. So I called, they said it was probably due to a system transition this year. Then I go to renew online and the fees are double the fees shown on my paperwork for renewal. So now I get to call and wait on hold again. They are definitely having some issues right now.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Used it twice in the past 4 months with NO issues............ Love Arizona DMV

Reactions: TPC

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I used it 12 hours ago to order new OHV stickers. I didn't have any problems..

BONER

Reaction score
Not in Havasu but I used a 3rd party when I bought my truck last month. Registered and ordered custom plates, took 15 minutes including the time I waited in line.

I actually try to avoid MVD at all costs. It's a very frustrating organization.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Bought a new car out of state
Tried to email and call the MVD with no luck
Went and stood in the question only line for 1/2 hour while they took care of appointments
3 weeks to get car registered.
Then they said the dealer name wasn't on one line of the mso and it would be another month to get in
I turned around and wrote the dealer name in myself and said here ya go

You used to go in and get a number and within a few minutes you were called up and out of there.

1tonfun

Reaction score
It is complete garbage. The MVD owed me a registration refund on a sold vehicle and the website wouldn't allow me to take the credit on a renewal. Ordered off road tags for the sxs that expires at the end of December and the new tag they sent me expired in November of 2020. They have mailed my registration on my Jeep and my truck to the wrong address, and the list goes on. They new system is complete garbage. I use Desert title in Mesa for most things but figured I would give the website a try, never again.

thmterry

Reaction score
What is funny about this is I used to love MVD versus Cali DMV but the other day I had some free time and decided to go to DMV (no appointment) I needed a new plate for a trailer. I walked in they took my temp and put an OK sticker on me. Next she gave me a #, by the time I got to the other side of the room they called me. I was in and out in less then 5 minutes and it only cost $7. Cheapest, fastest DMV trip ever.

Taboma

Reaction score
What is funny about this is I used to love MVD versus Cali DMV but the other day I had some free time and decided to go to DMV (no appointment) I needed a new plate for a trailer. I walked in they took my temp and put an OK sticker on me. Next she gave me a #, by the time I got to the other side of the room they called me. I was in and out in less then 5 minutes and it only cost $7. Cheapest, fastest DMV trip ever.

Just to be clear, this rather amazing experience was at a CA DMV, not an AZ MVD ? The only CA DMV I've encountered with a semi-similar experience was at Needles.
Good for you, that must have been a real nice surprise. 😁

thmterry

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this rather amazing experience was at a CA DMV, not an AZ MVD ? The only CA DMV I've encountered with a semi-similar experience was at Needles.
Good for you, that must have been a real nice surprise. 😁
Ridgecrest California DMV, Yes huge surprise, I wasn't even sure they would let me in without an appointment.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I used it when it first came out and worked perfectly for me.. Maybe a error between the chair and keyboard? 🤣

gqchris

Reaction score
I used it when it first came out and worked perfectly for me.. Maybe a error between the chair and keyboard? [emoji1787]

I wish it was that easy. Im a Director of IT of Operations for a major company and supervise 20 guys below me ranging from Service Desk, Net Admins to Dev Ops.

I would hope I could at least muster enough knowledge to make it thru this website and complete a transaction[emoji23]

jet496

Reaction score
Had all the same problems getting into the system. Finally walked into quick stop by car toys and walked out 15 minutes later with everything I needed done. 40 extra bucks but worth every penny. I'll never go to MVD again.
Hell yea. $40 is a steal. My times worth too much money, I'd pay someone a couple hundred bucks if I had to. It isn't worth the heartache.

gqchris

Reaction score
Gonna try again right now, wish me luck!

Nope no dice on option #3, the only one that has a chance of working properly.
error1.jpg

240Hallett

Reaction score
UPDATE: Went to Quick Stop on Lake Havasu Ave on New Years Eve. In and Out in 10 minutes! Was awesome and highly recommend. $40 is well worth the convenience and speed!
Agreed!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
UPDATE: Went to Quick Stop on Lake Havasu Ave on New Years Eve. In and Out in 10 minutes! Was awesome and highly recommend. $40 is well worth the convenience and speed!

Gasp! Yore tow vehicle is registered in a different state than your toad vehicle?????

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So I had the same problem, I was able to get my registration for my rzr (2 years) but couldn’t get my offroad sticker. I tried the I’d verification thing but that didn’t work. So I called on hold for 10 min and they said I didn’t need the offroad sticker. I said are you sure? They said yep your good for two years now. Hung up. I still think it’s fishy but I have no way of getting this offroad sticker through the website. Anyone else know?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So I had the same problem, I was able to get my registration for my rzr (2 years) but couldn’t get my offroad sticker. I tried the I’d verification thing but that didn’t work. So I called on hold for 10 min and they said I didn’t need the offroad sticker. I said are you sure? They said yep your good for two years now. Hung up. I still think it’s fishy but I have no way of getting this offroad sticker through the website. Anyone else know?

I’d call again. 3 months ago when I got mine that was not the case.

jadenchick

Reaction score
I can’t get it to work earlier to renew our OHV sticker. I renewed registration for 5 years and received it.