WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona Peace Trail

Havazoo

Reaction score
Leaving tomorrow with 30+ cars from Parker and taking the Arizona Peace Trail to Yuma returning on Saturday. Anyone take that route lately and have any suggestions or insight they'd like to share?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Leaving tomorrow with 30+ cars from Parker and taking the Arizona Peace Trail to Yuma returning on Saturday. Anyone take that route lately and have any suggestions or insight they'd like to share?
Nothing to add other than enjoy, take lots of pictures and share when you get back.

Would be nice to read something else on here for a change!

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Parker to Yuma should be pretty straightforward but will be a long ride all the way into Yuma. There were some major flash floods in the Martinez and Hidden Shores areas. We will pass you guys going the other way LOL
2E933BFF-7B20-4941-90E1-6322AB1BD27F.png

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Put on your mud slickers and have a great time.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I am going on this trip as well. Should be a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jesco

Reaction score
Be careful, lots of rain down there yesterday and flash floods. You will cross or be in a few washes..... KEEP YOUR HEAD ON A SWIVEL, those washes fill up QUICK and FAST. BE SAFE!!! ts a great run, we do it every year in Nov. from our park in Ehrenberg.

grumpy88

Reaction score
My friend left parker this morning headed to Yuma . Single car wth his wife . I couldn't go my car is still broken . I told him he was stupid bit he went any way . Watch out leaving parker . Tommorrow is the st patty poker run off of Shea rd .

grumpy88

Reaction score
New update . My friend is just south of Blythe and is turning around . To much water he said . Tomorrow should be better

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Thought I saw you Bully. We were the group of 6 that were waiting for you guys just before the good bad and ugly. 👍

How were the mud crossings south of cibola? Had to be pretty torn up by the time you guys got down there?

We left right at 8:00 from HS and got to BlueWater at 4:00. Today to Salome

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
What a great ride and awesome group to run the AZPT with. Thanks for the invite. Car is going to need some deep cleaning and lubing.
20200314_191626.jpg
20200313_112739.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Not sure at my age I'd be up for an endurance run of this magnitude, but it's sure a relief to find something on RDP other than ---- Tales from the Grim Reaper. 😁
It appears you guys finished it and are making your ways to your respective homes. I'm sure hoping I'm able to read more and enjoy more on the trail pictures.
Haven't wanted to ask, but I'm so curious as to some of the logistics involved.
Not sure if you made a round trip and left all the vehicles parked somewhere, or had them ferried to the end by willing helpers ?

Thanks for taking the time to share 👍👍👍

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Not sure at my age I'd be up for an endurance run of this magnitude, but it's sure a relief to find something on RDP other than ---- Tales from the Grim Reaper. 😁
It appears you guys finished it and are making your ways to your respective homes. I'm sure hoping I'm able to read more and enjoy more on the trail pictures.
Haven't wanted to ask, but I'm so curious as to some of the logistics involved.
Not sure if you made a round trip and left all the vehicles parked somewhere, or had them ferried to the end by willing helpers ?

Thanks for taking the time to share 👍👍👍

I can help answer a few of these questions as my dad and several friends were on this ride. I’ve also been on quite a few with others in this group.

First off, with age, its just a number. There are guys varying ages on this and it’s not as much as an endurance run as you might think. Plenty of rest stops along the way.

There are a couple of chase trucks that run the highway with trailers for support/parts/etc.

Most of the time, it’s a buy in of $X amount of dollars per guy/car and that covers meals, hotel, etc. Overall, these trips are a complete kick in the ass. Personally, I like the small groups (around 10 cars), but the bigger ones are fun because of all the people and varying skill levels!

Highrisespl

Reaction score
It was a blast great people and look forward to catching up with some guys in the city for some quick runs
IMG_0727.jpg

LBLL

Low Budget Livin' Large
Reaction score
Great times again! I’ve missed out on these Rides for a few years, it was so nice to get back into it. Can’t wait for the next run! I had a chance to meet a few new good guys on this one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster Wrench

Reaction score
Epic ride. 2 days 396 miles. My average speed was 32 mph. Top speed 67mph. Great group of guys!!
See you all next time.

60592433307__FA8CC99A-6DE2-40DF-891C-C6F679997C27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Havazoo

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your pix guys, we'll get some more up as they come in. After one of the worst rain storms in recent years, everyone committed to go showed up and was ready to roll out Friday morning. We covered approx. 200 miles each day in all types of conditions, mostly wet but the highlight was, NO DUST !! The trip was from Parker to Yuma on the AZPT, Southern route down and back, avoiding the Good, Bad & Ugly. We stayed at the Hilton and arranged for a private dinner and drinks at the Pint Bar & Grill in Old Town Yuma, just a block away. As mentioned several times, this was a great group of guys and with 35 UTV's, 2 Bad Ass JEEPS and a brand new built Canyon by Dutton Motor Company, Riverside, CA. When we left the conditions were unknown but it turned out to be just another fantastic adventure. I'd suggest that anyone has the opportunity to take this trail do it.

DLC

Reaction score
Wow that’s a huge group! Where did you stay the night? Thats like 30 rooms

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
Yes, it was Great Ride !!! It was super comfortable in my GMC Canyon with a ICON Stage 5 kit !!!

Attachments

• rzr1.JPG
    rzr1.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 132
  • rzr2.JPG
    rzr2.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 144
  • rzr3.JPG
    rzr3.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 140
  • rzr4.JPG
    rzr4.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 154
  • rzr5.JPG
    rzr5.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 141

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your pix guys, we'll get some more up as they come in. After one of the worst rain storms in recent years, everyone committed to go showed up and was ready to roll out Friday morning. We covered approx. 200 miles each day in all types of conditions, mostly wet but the highlight was, NO DUST !! The trip was from Parker to Yuma on the AZPT, Southern route down and back, avoiding the Good, Bad & Ugly. We stayed at the Hilton and arranged for a private dinner and drinks at the Pint Bar & Grill in Old Town Yuma, just a block away. As mentioned several times, this was a great group of guys and with 35 UTV's, 2 Bad Ass JEEPS and a brand new built Canyon by Dutton Motor Company, Riverside, CA. When we left the conditions were unknown but it turned out to be just another fantastic adventure. I'd suggest that anyone has the opportunity to take this trail do it.
Thank you Bob, You and Mike had a huge undertaking, and it turned out to be another amazing ride 👍👍👍

Highrisespl

Reaction score
Can you possibly repost your viedo, we're unable to open it, only getting the sound.

See if this works if not pm you number and I’ll send it to you

5DEF1694-3B7C-4AFA-84D9-1B29622C496C.mp4

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Is there a FB group for rides like this? This looks bad ass and something I’d love to try and get in on in the future.

Water Romper

Reaction score
oh man, this looks like fun!! So I gotta ask, what's the attraction other than the obvious, off roading with friends and being outdoors. Does this trail have any historical history> old mining road, early settler trail, UFO crash out there?

Water Romper

Reaction score
This looks awesome!! 675 miles long?? damn. What fun you will have. Would hate to get caught in a rain storm in a gully or that neat narrow canyon.
I bet camping overnight under the stars on a warm evening with a group friends "Wagon Circle" style would be a hoot. Thanks for sharing the link.

Reactions: DWC