WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona Possibally Lowering the drinking age to 18.

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
The State Of Arizona, and some of the major universiteys are trying to pass a bill that will lower the drinking age to 18, their theory is that if kids are able to drink then it will cut down on the number of partys,

what do you all think about this?:confused:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It used to be 18 when I was that age. Along time ago that is. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Oh yea gotta love the 80's!
:beer

That would be the late 70's buddy. :swear We also would close the bars in AZ at 1am and then go on the Cali side for the 2am bar closure. Of course we had a DD at the time. :beer

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Some say if they are also old enough to vote or join the military they should be allowed to drink legally.

Ratso

Reaction score
Some say if they are also old enough to vote or join the military they should be allowed to drink legally.

Exactly... and what better than hot 18 year old drunk chicks out at the bars... :hmm

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

That has always been my opinion. Especially when I was in the Army and couldn't legally drink.;)

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Sweet! Nice young 18 y/o girls at the bars! I don't have to cruise the high schools anymore......:hmm

Terrible idea and it will never pass. Think about it. A nieve young 18 y/o drinking shots bought for them by a nice charming young 40 y/o with bad intentions..........

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sweet! Nice young 18 y/o girls at the bars! I don't have to cruise the high schools anymore......:hmm

Terrible idea and it will never pass. Think about it. A nieve young 18 y/o drinking shots bought for them by a nice charming young 40 y/o with bad intentions..........

Who told you I was charming??:eek:

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
I'm all for it, as I've said before.

mrs flyin vee

not a bitch. THE BITCH
Reaction score
I am on both sides of the fence here.

I do agree to some point, because if they are old enough to join the Army and so on and fight and die for this country then they should be old enough to drink. They do it now anyway so why not make it legal. The more you take the more they do it IMO because it is a challenge to them .

then again I disagree only because of the 18 yr old that will be taken advantage of while intoxicated. also they will be driving more often while drinking.

If they are going to legalize it maybe they can still make it to where you still have to be 21 to enter a bar. But they can drink at home or parties.

Shiat I dont know. just my 2 cents..

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I say 19, that way they are all out of high school. increase the penalty for buying for the under-aged, that way it discourages the kids that are out of school to buy for any friends they may have in lower grades.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I say 19, that way they are all out of high school. increase the penalty for buying for the under-aged, that way it discourages the kids that are out of school to buy for any friends they may have in lower grades.

Kinda agree, how weird would it be if you met a chick at a bar, was lucky enough to get her number, then when you called her she tells you that her parents don't let her go out on a school nights :hmm

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
I am on both sides of the fence here.

I do agree to some point, because if they are old enough to join the Army and so on and fight and die for this country then they should be old enough to drink. They do it now anyway so why not make it legal. The more you take the more they do it IMO because it is a challenge to them .

then again I disagree only because of the 18 yr old that will be taken advantage of while intoxicated. also they will be driving more often while drinking.

If they are going to legalize it maybe they can still make it to where you still have to be 21 to enter a bar. But they can drink at home or parties.

Shiat I dont know. just my 2 cents..

Two totally different types of mind fucking going on here. It's one thing to be out of your mind drinking and it's another to be brain washed by your own government....:skull

Topless

Reaction score
I say 18. Like stated before, if they are going to drink they are going to drink. Just teach them to be responsible and always either have a DD or call for a ride home, or if a party stay put. If you are old enough to vote, be tried as an adult for crimes, you are old enough to have the privelges that any other adult has. Either that or make it illegal for everyone.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Nice BS site....New Zealand is part of Europe...Fishin and twistin to make their agenda :thumbsdown

Canadians don't need to be drinking period......your point is moot on this subject. :D:beer

Sup Canuckie....slam any fags lately?

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
How the fukk do you expect us to deal with you Mericant's with out drinkin???? Haven't smashed any fags lately...Hows the brothel?

Brother's fine thanks for asking. :D

You keep outta trouble ya hear. :beer

Ratso

Reaction score
I know plenty, under 18, that get smashed on a regular basis...

Her454

Reaction score

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was 19 back in the 70's early 80's and not 18. I graduated high school in 80 and it was shortly after that when they changed it to 21.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Actually, if I remember correctly, it was 19 back in the 70's early 80's and not 18. I graduated high school in 80 and it was shortly after that when they changed it to 21.

It was 19, not 18 in AZ.

Some of our alcohol laws still haven't caught up with the change to 21. It's legal for a bar to employ a bartender, waitress, or other server at age 19. That's the only time that a "minor" can legally be in direct possession of an alcoholic beverage. (exceptions for bus-boys, or supermarket baggers who may handle alcoholic beverages incidental to their jobs)

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
It will be like going to Canada or Mexico to drink...........

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

I went to High School in AZ... Mid 80's the drinking age was 19. The year I turned 19 (Dec) they changed it to 21. :swear I think the Feds kick down more $ if a State complies with the national age.

mark49

Reaction score
yep it was age 19 i remember spending alotta quality hours at the pub when i was only 18 (Looked older then my age) ahhh then driving home to our trailer..... It was forced on them as the last poster stated

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
I can remember cruising from Salt Lake to Evanston Wy to party it up in the mid 80s. Wyoming was holding out on raising the drinking age and finally had to bow down to the great chief in the East. Feds threatened to pull the Highway funding if the state didn't comply.

Come to think of it, thats the same reason Montana ended up doing away with thier "Safe and Prudent" daytime speed limit.. Ah,, another fond memory:drool

rocket98

Reaction score
When Az lowered the drinking age I think it was back in the middle 70's It was great. We went to the old down town Tempe and whooped it up. The cave on Tuesday's for .25 cent Takillya shooters and .75 cent beers. Did I mentioin the wet t-shirt contest's:beer

H20Advantage

Reaction score
I think the state will lose alot of federal funding if they change the law back to 18. I believe this was an incentive to get all the states to raise the drinking age in the early 80's.

boa1277

Reaction score
I think the state will lose alot of federal funding if they change the law back to 18. I believe this was an incentive to get all the states to raise the drinking age in the early 80's.

More specifically they will lose all the roads and highways federal funding which is lots and lots of money.

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score

This is the weakest, lamest, most poorly thought POS argument I have ever seen.:thumbsdown
Not slamming you. bud.:D

Kids today have designer drugs we could have never imagined, and they can get them easier than booze.

I'm thinking a special driver's license, special color, allows you to get into bars, but allows 0.00 blood alchohol driving.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
18 was legal age in AK when I turned 18. Got changed to 21, but I was "grandfathered" in. That was cool.
But I gotta say, back then there were far less people on the road, far less craziness and far less kids being splattered.
I really believe it would be regressing to change back to 18.
I know it means little to those that drink already, and 18 year old's drive sober at night also, and get splattered by older drunks. But to go back to 18 YO as legal age is a big step backwards in my mind.