WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona speedway

westair

Reaction score
another sad deal ..... it was determined that the facility and the noise it produces does not fit in with the neighboring development plan...... sounds too familiar being from so cal
Would've liked to have seen it .... just getting into this racing now due to Havasu 95 Speedway

Last edited:

1tonfun

Reaction score
That's what happens when you lease state land and build a motorsports complex and someone at the state level gets their panties in a bunch. The track is still out in the desert although development is getting closer. Was a great place to enjoy motorsports, sucks to see it go.

robert1050

Reaction score
I live down the road from ET Raceway and I'll miss the sound of engines screaming as they go around the track.

Sad day indeed. We'll probably be there, next Saturday night.

playdeep

Reaction score
Reprieve...!
Jonah Trussel the proprietor of E.T.motorsports park(Arizona Speedway) announced last night at the track that thanks to over 35k people who signed petitions and thousands who inundated county/city officials with phone calls Arizona Speedway will continue operations throughout 2021...
Great news...!

Last edited:

1tonfun

Reaction score
You would think that the land lease generating revenue for the state land trust would be better than having it sit idle. Until the state decides to put that piece up for sale, they should let the track stay until the scheduled land auction.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You would think that the land lease generating revenue for the state land trust would be better than having it sit idle. Until the state decides to put that piece up for sale, they should let the track stay until the scheduled land auction.
They are starting a new development just south of the track already.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Reprieve...!
Jonah Trussel the proprietor of E.T.motorsports park(Arizona Speedway) announced last night at the track that thanks to over 35k people who signed petitions and thousands who inundated county/city officials with phone calls Arizona Speedway will continue operations throughout 2021...
Great news...!
Did you go? The announcement got a good crowd reaction.
There where 197 cars in attendance and standing room only for crowd. The last race ended after 230am I had finally gone to my rv by then.

77charger

Reaction score
Saw in news they got an extension to finish the season.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
We lost Baylands raceway in 88, world of outlaws ran on the dirt, NHRA ran on the 1/4 mile, Even reggie jackson would bring his cars out on grudge nights!

the citi bank marks its resting spot
BAYLANDS RACEWAY.jpg

mark r / 019

Reaction score
We went last night to support the track . It was a fantastic show . 197 cars . The AZ locals was a blast to hang out with also . With the COVID crap ending go support your local tracks !

playdeep

Reaction score
Did you go? The announcement got a good crowd reaction.
There where 197 cars in attendance and standing room only for crowd. The last race ended after 230am I had finally gone to my rv by then.

No sir...didn't go.
My buddy text me right after Jonah made the announcement.He was beyond stoked.
Saw pictures of the SRO crowd...that was nuts.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
We went last night to support the track . It was a fantastic show . 197 cars . The AZ locals was a blast to hang out with also . With the COVID crap ending go support your local tracks !
They ran out of beer 3 times and most food 2 times and had to go get lots more, but they kept going out for more. First time they ever had to announce last call for beer at 130am.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I live about 4 miles from the track and my old lady said today that they got a small extension due to public outcry to finish the racing season. Unfortunately it will close at some point due because of growth in the community. This town at one point was almost all Agriculture and Cattle now it's a see of single family homes. Here's a link to the info I found online: https://www.santanvalley.com/san-ta...dway-to-stay-open-through-nov-2021?format=amp

My first Nascar race I attended was in the middle of nowhere at the time.. It was called Riverside Raceway

robert1050

Reaction score
Why can't the track owner negotiate with the County to allow industrial zoning around the track, as a buffer for the residential tracts? It's not as if the track operates 24/7

Fuck the homes, the track was there 1st.

Oh, by the way, I live off Ironwood & Pima and the track is not far from me. I moved there, loving the idea of a track close by