WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
CB75F4EB-49D2-4185-B3BB-A217D1304E1C.jpeg

YOLO

Reaction score
Interesting history. I was always proud to shoot for the Arizona State and/or USA Rifle Team with this flag somewhere on my gear.

Arizona State Flag History

Arizona was the 48th state admitted to the Union on February 12, 1912. An official state flag was adopted by the Arizona Legislature in 1917. The bill became law, even though a large group did not want the flag adopted, and Governor Thomas Campbell’s refused to sign the bill.

The field of the Arizona state flag is divided in half. The top portion contains 13 “rays” of alternating red and old gold, and the bottom half is solid blue. A copper colored star is featured in the center of the flag.

The rays represent a setting sun, and the colors, red and old gold, are meant to mimic the colors used in the Spanish flags that Coronado carried in 1540 when he visited the area that is now the state of Arizona. The number of rays, 13, represent the 13 original U.S. colonies. The copper star represents Arizona’s copper mining industry, and the blue on the bottom half of the field represents the Colorado River. The color of blue that is used is the same shade as the blue on the U.S. national flag.

According to the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, the flag was designed by Colonel Charles W. Harris in 1910 so that the Arizona Rifle Team would have a flag to display representing Arizona at the National Matches at Camp Perry in Northern Ohio. Apparently, Arizona was the only state in prior matches that did not have a flag. There are many who believe that Harris did not design the flag alone. It is said that it was co-designed by a number of others.

Executive Order 66-6, Rules for Display of the Arizona State Flag, states that “the state flag “represents the living state and is considered a living thing.” The remainder of the order basically mimics the U.S. Flag Code.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Universal Elements

Reaction score
The "long view". That's what I like about where I live. In my case, it's like someone hit the snooze button on sun up. The mountains to my east delay the sunrise a bit...makes it nicer to watch come up with the coffee already made and dressed for the day.

That how I have coffee too. Sit and watch all the wildlife.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Best part about that Picture Dave is that California has faded into the horizon and it was taken in a free state, at least until all the Libs from California fuck up Arizona.
LOL

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If that was California...

The view would be over the ocean, not some clapped out road in the middle of no where! [emoji16]

Great pic though. [emoji106]
Still better than most of the roads in So Cal.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
You all are wrong on the california flag. This is it...

USSR-grunge-flag.jpg.cf.jpg

pixrthis

Reaction score
Now if you could fix the way the state votes it would be appreciated. Thank you from the out numbered residents in the shit hole we call California.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If that was California...

The view would be over the ocean, not some clapped out road in the middle of no where! 😁

Great pic though. 👍

Reality check: THIS is California...24/7 bumper-to-bumper traffic to nowhere...

BN-QD448_WORKFA_M_20161006132343.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Reality check: THIS is California...24/7 bumper-to-bumper traffic to nowhere...

BN-QD448_WORKFA_M_20161006132343.jpg

Reality check: Why ANYONE would live or work in that area is beyond me...ugh!

And yes MMD, I know YOU lived where traffic was pretty much like that every day! Probably even worse!!!

Pro Tip: If you chose to live in SoCal, find a job you love, and live close to it, so you don't have to get on the freeway, ever!

Unless you are headed to the river of course...

👍

If it was California it would look more like this

View attachment 965087

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arizona had a 2019 homeless population of 10,007, or 13.7 homeless people per 10,000 residents, according to a new study by the home services website Porch.com.

What's that you were saying?? ;)