WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arlen Ness

dribble

Reaction score
RIP

It is with heavy hearts that we announce Arlen Ness the visionary, loving husband, father, grandfather and leader of our family passed away last night March 22, 2019. Arlen passed away comfortably in his home surrounded by loved ones after the most creative and inspirational life anyone could imagine.

The most important things in Arlen’s life were his wife of 59 years Beverly, his children, grandchildren, friends and motorcycles. Arlen once said that “Motorcycling has been a great ride…my whole life since I’ve been motorcycling has been wonderful. I’ve met so many nice people. Friends all over the world…. We can go almost anyplace and stay with friends. It’s been great.” With few words Arlen conveyed his priorities every day, family and friends.

Everyone who knew Arlen respects him for his achievements and for who he was as a person, both of which are superlatives. The respect is how Arlen came to deserve the commonly spoken nickname “The King of Custom Motorcycles”. Arlen rarely reflected on his own success. He never planned for it, this is because what he achieved had never been done before; it had never been dreamt of.

Arlen has touched the lives of our family, the Arlen Ness team and thousands of others around the world with his genuine character. We will announce a memorial service and celebration of life after some private time, and appreciate your understanding. We thank you for your respects and condolences.

Although the Ness family cannot put their loss into words, they can look up and smile knowing Arlen has done something that few men do in a lifetime of trying. He has inspired.

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
RiP another legend gone .

• B2DD66EE-5BA7-43E8-989D-53CBDCC7A67D.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Bummer what a loss. It will be interesting to see what the younger generation will excel in. Not sure if they are going to be the innovators and craftsmen let that of our grandparents like Ness and the others.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I was inspired by his designs when I built my Harley, he will be missed for sure. RIP

Dog boy

Reaction score
To bad American v-twin custom motorcycle legend.I visited the old original shop on E.14th st. a few times when I lived in San Leandro.Life goes by quick.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
This is a pic of just some of Arlen's work teaming up with Mike Avila, one of Arlen's closest friends....RIP

Attachments

• mike's ness bike.jpg
    mike's ness bike.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 118

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
“The man, The myth, The legend!” Arlen was truly one of a kind. Thank you for my custom build.
FCD5F11C-EDE6-4BF9-80DD-FB83730C28A9.jpeg

Attachments

• 936F5554-6FB3-47DA-908E-01F52A9F3656.jpeg
    936F5554-6FB3-47DA-908E-01F52A9F3656.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 45

dribble

Reaction score
This is a pic of just some of Arlen's work teaming up with Mike Avila, one of Arlen's closest friends....RIP

He hasn't posted in a while but is on here as Warpath I believe.

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
RIP Arlen! I been following him for last 50 years, loved his one off customs. Was never a fan of the Victory line.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
RIP Arlen! I been following him for last 50 years, loved his one off customs. Was never a fan of the Victory line.
Arlen was true visionary and humble at heart. The Victory line was a little too futuristic looking for most American cruiser bike fans, especially the Vision which Arlen rode. But the Victory’s reliability, handling and power were definitely better than HD’s and main reason why Arlen supported and marketed them for over a decade.