WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Army Lt. traffic stop

badgas

Reaction score
HAVE A PLAN !

When i'm lit up I simply pull over.

However before I stop I roll all the windows down to make the officer feel more comfortable, turn off the car and and place the keys on the dash along with an large zip lock bag that says Insurance and registration written in big black letters with a sharpie. I place both hands on the wheel and say hello officer how would you like me to proceed ? I never have anything to hide and I never act like the dumb ass in that video.

90% of the time they let me go even if I was in violation.

I have had one ticket since 1989 and that was for a carpool voilation with tinted windows.

Really looks like this guy trying to create an opportunity.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Jesus my head hurts reading all this. It's not that difficult. Don't be a dumb fuck and you won't get tased, arrested, pepper sprayed, etc.. etc...

Shit like this is happening because kids aren't' getting the belt any longer. When there's no respect for their parents in the house, what do you think happens when they go out on their own in real life.

Just shut the fuck up, get out of the car, and go about your day. It's really that simple. Fuck!!!
Right here , do as your told , that kid that got shot this morning, he started the shit and got dead because of it .

riverroyal

Reaction score
I got pulled over pre-dawn on the 101 about 20 miles north of santa barbara. Going to work, at a prison.
83 in a 65. Chp.
When he lit me up i had 3 semis in the slow lane. I pulled to the slow and did NOT stop due to the danger of said semis
I did put my right signal on. Went about 1 mile to the next ramp and stopped at the end of the ramp.
Cop lost his mind. Yelled at me. Way over board. I told him it was for his safety to not get hit.
Nope, i was wrong. Next time i dont give a shit about the risk to the officer.
Complete ass clown. Way overly douche'e.
But im very white, not news worthy

ssc

Reaction score
I have been vacillating on whether to say anything. IMO, this guy wasn't a dumbshit, he was a man with an agenda. I have been seeing this since the 80's. If you are not familiar with who Long Beach Officers Dickey and Ramsey were, then google it. I was in the office with their defense attorneys. Same game-plan. The so called black victim had an NBC film crew following him, that he arranged. Jackson was a fired or disciplined officer from the Southbay. He drives around LB in an erratic manner until he gets pulled over and starts his charade of not following orders until the officers had to use force to arrest him. Then of course he screams race issues, sues etc. Turns into a political quagmire and scum DA Ira Reiner decides to prosecute them after the LB city atty refuses. The DA had his ass kicked. It was 11 to 1 for acquittal.

I would be willing to bet that the LT in this case has a few items in his background, that is not being covered, since it would be adverse to the narrative. He knew exactly what he was doing as he had his camera rolling etc. He was passively disobeying orders in order to get his part of the lottery. This narrative that is being perpetrated by the media and various politicians is dangerous. It has taught many people that they can engage in obnoxious, disrespectful, aberrant, illegal, irresponsible behavior and be rewarded for it. When you condone this type of behavior, people who are taught that they are never responsible for their conduct, then you have major societal issues.

Bottom line, bad conduct is rewarded and when someone responds to the bad conduct, the bad actors actions are absolved and they are rewarded, while the person who reacted is the bad person. What is the quote from the bible? When good becomes bad and bad becomes good then all hell is coming.

Cheers, Steve

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have been vacillating on whether to say anything. IMO, this guy wasn't a dumbshit, he was a man with an agenda. I have been seeing this since the 80's. If you are not familiar with who Long Beach Officers Dickey and Ramsey were, then google it. I was in the office with their defense attorneys. Same game-plan. The so called black victim had an NBC film crew following him, that he arranged. Jackson was a fired or disciplined officer from the Southbay. He drives around LB in an erratic manner until he gets pulled over and starts his charade of not following orders until the officers had to use force to arrest him. Then of course he screams race issues, sues etc. Turns into a political quagmire and scum DA Ira Reiner decides to prosecute them after the LB city atty refuses. The DA had his ass kicked. It was 11 to 1 for acquittal.

I would be willing to bet that the LT in this case has a few items in his background, that is not being covered, since it would be adverse to the narrative. He knew exactly what he was doing as he had his camera rolling etc. He was passively disobeying orders in order to get his part of the lottery. This narrative that is being perpetrated by the media and various politicians is dangerous. It has taught many people that they can engage in obnoxious, disrespectful, aberrant, illegal, irresponsible behavior and be rewarded for it. When you condone this type of behavior, people who are taught that they are never responsible for their conduct, then you have major societal issues.

Bottom line, bad conduct is rewarded and when someone responds to the bad conduct, the bad actors actions are absolved and they are rewarded, while the person who reacted is the bad person. What is the quote from the bible? When good becomes bad and bad becomes good then all hell is coming.

Cheers, Steve

steve...It is past bad behavior. Claiming to be a victim pays well these days.

good post

rrrr

Reaction score

Cheers, Steve

You killed it. He had the situation rehearsed, and acted out a script. The repeated "What did I do?" while failing to obey the officer's lawful commands and his laments about serving his country were contrived bullshit.

I'd like to think this asshole would face his very pissed off Captain and suffer consequences, but the left and the media has the military by the balls too.

nowski

Reaction score
If this guy was pulled over on a military base by military officers I'd bet you he'd comply with all demands as instructed.

So what's the difference when getting pulled over by the local Police? Police have authority and you comply to all demands as instructed, that is unless your rolling your dash cam...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If this guy was pulled over on a military base by military officers I'd bet you he'd comply with all demands as instructed.

So what's the difference when getting pulled over by the local Police? Police have authority and you comply to all demands as instructed, that is unless your rolling your dash cam...
You can sue the municipality...good luck going after MP's. He had a goal, and he's going to fulfill it.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Your intentional whiny passive/agressive behavior isn't "ask[ing] questions and try[ing] to understand." It's the same tactic the vehicle driver was using to intentionally disobey the officer's lawful commands to exit the vehicle. It doesn't mean shit that he was doing it in his manufactured calm manner.

If a violater refuses to follow the officer's instructions, he is breaking the law. It's not difficult to comprehend.

As for the statements by posters he would have been shot if he reached for items in the glove box and was therefore in an impossible situation, that's just bullshit. When instructed to get out a vehicle registration and insurance information, the proper action is to loudly announce "I am now retrieving the documents from my glove box," and slowly do just that. The officer will provide himself effective cover, and observe the driver's actions. This is not fucking calculus and polynomials, it's something we all know, yet some refuse to comply.

From then on, any escalation that occurs is up to the driver.

And you, just like that driver, are intentionally being obtuse [look up the word]. How about stopping your silly ass games and responding to the issues raised here like a real citizen would? Drop the victim attitude, and quit acting like an aggrieved baby.
No Shit!!!!!!!

ssc

Reaction score

In regards to your first sentence, I would be willing to bet your wrong. I don't think this was this guys first rodeo. Interestingly enough, one of the statements from his attorney was that the LT is not doing well and he is concerned that this will affect his military career. This causes my lawyer bullshit meter to read as follows: He has issues with the army for various reasons and will soon be filing for his VA disability benefits with additional allegations against his superiors.

Granted, I am speculating, and have now addressed your second sentence.

Cheers, Steve

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but he was calm and had his hands visible. Would it have been so hard for the cops to say what he did wrong when he asked?

There are times the cops need to be held responsible. If the story is correct, it could have all been de-escalated if the cops would have answered what he did wrong. This is always an issue. Are cops to power hungry now to let people know what they do wrong before going full Sgt slaughter on someone?

Maybe Im Wrong but cops in the old days gave you an explanation. Now???????????????

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In the old days, there was respect, or fear, of law enforcement.
I still have a scar on my chin from not respecting, but learning but learning to.

When the sheep dogs are neutered, there are none to replace them...and the wolves run free.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but he was calm and had his hands visible. Would it have been so hard for the cops to say what he did wrong when he asked?

There are times the cops need to be held responsible. If the story is correct, it could have all been de-escalated if the cops would have answered what he did wrong. This is always an issue. Are cops to power hungry now to let people know what they do wrong before going full Sgt slaughter on someone?

Maybe Im Wrong but cops in the old days gave you an explanation. Now???????????????

That’s what I was thinking the whole time. Why not just tell the guy why you pulled him over? It would freak me out too. They screamed and yelled and mased him. But couldn’t just simply tell him why he was pulled over. Personally I would have just gotten out of the car. But still why not just tell him why he is pulled over?

Also they told him to keep his hands up. Then mased him and then told him to unbuckled his seat belt? IDK. But still I would have just gotten out of the car.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm not going to read through the entire thread or even insert my opinions, just a question for the LEO'S on here.... the few times I have been pulled over with multiple officers present (2 in 1 car type of situation), 1 comes up each side and makes total sense. Easier to keep an eye on the occupants and their actions. Do we have any idea why that wasn't the case here?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not going to read through the entire thread or even insert my opinions, just a question for the LEO'S on here.... the few times I have been pulled over with multiple officers present (2 in 1 car type of situation), 1 comes up each side and makes total sense. Easier to keep an eye on the occupants and their actions. Do we have any idea why that wasn't the case here?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
They wouldn't both be in view of the camera Lt. Jackass had then 😂

Icky

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking the whole time. Why not just tell the guy why you pulled him over? It would freak me out too. They screamed and yelled and mased him. But couldn’t just simply tell him why he was pulled over. Personally I would have just gotten out of the car. But still why not just tell him why he is pulled over?

Also they told him to keep his hands up. Then mased him and then told him to unbuckled his seat belt? IDK. But still I would have just gotten out of the car.
Do you really feel that if they told him why they were pulling him over he would've cooperated? Or would he have argued his case from his drivers seat and ended up with the same results?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Do you really feel that if they told him why they were pulling him over he would've cooperated? Or would he have argued his case from his drivers seat and ended up with the same results?
I have never been told why I’m being pulled over right out of the gate. Usually they ask if I know why I’m being detained. Each stop is different, sometimes I’m asked to exit the car while other times I’ve been told to remain in the vehicle. Regardless of the situation, I do as requested. Yes I have been stopped by some pretty surly cops before but the situation always unwinds as long as I play by the rules.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am not sure we are going in the right direction if citizens need to go through such kabuki for a mere traffic stop. but, I am old...I recall when it was different from this

Is that because the kabuki of arguing and disobeying the police is so successful?

Cops deserve to be safe just as much as the people they detain. Clear communication is the key to safety for both parties.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is nothing on the back of the Tahoe, you can see that clearly in the video.

Heres what I read prior or a slightly different version of it.

The officers alleged they pulled over Nazario because they believed he did not have a license plate on the rear of his car. But when Nazario pulled into a well-lit gas station, the officers still escalated the encounter despite now seeing there was a license plate on the back of his new vehicle.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Heres what I read prior or a slightly different version of it.

The officers alleged they pulled over Nazario because they believed he did not have a license plate on the rear of his car. But when Nazario pulled into a well-lit gas station, the officers still escalated the encounter despite now seeing there was a license plate on the back of his new vehicle.

Typical misleading article.. the paper registration was behind dark tinted glass. Had he got out of the car, this would have been ironed out in 2 minutes.

There is nothing on the back of that Tahoe. You can’t make out the paper registration in the window on the video either.

BAA84D68-7221-4EF6-A387-F0BBE4F6B2F9.png

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Typical misleading article.. the paper registration was behind tinted glass. Had he got out of the car, this would have been ironed out in 2 minutes.

I dont trust the huffpost, diff topic though.

this is why I asked about the stop, the first written description i saw read like that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I dont trust the huffpost, diff topic though.

this is why I asked about the stop, the first written description i saw read like that.

Just added a screenshot from the video to my post. Can’t tell for sure but the windows appear tinted beyond the factory privacy glass as well.

Singleton

Reaction score
Typical misleading article.. the paper registration was behind dark tinted glass. Had he got out of the car, this would have been ironed out in 2 minutes.

There is nothing on the back of that Tahoe. You can’t make out the paper registration in the window on the video either.

View attachment 991758

lets not forget they tried to pull him over and he kept driving for apx 2 minutes before stopping. At that point the cop is going to tell you to exit the vehicle to avoid another “pursuit“

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
In my vehicles the back passenger windows are usually tinted pretty highly.

In the few times Ive ever been pulled over or gone through a checkpoint I always lower them enough to the officer(s) can see if anyones back there.

I would want to know and feel its just smart and courteous.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is something white in the plate space though.

whats the round thing above the hitch?

Tank

Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thing. I get the two sides of the story. 1) Go along with the program and don't be a dick and bad shit wont happen 2) Don't be an asshole cop that over reacts.

This could've been 100% different story if ANY of those involved just took a breath and redirected their approach. Dude in car listens to orders and cooperates while attempting to discuss. Cop, instead of yelling and being a dick, lowered his voice actually answered the guys questions and took a moment to explain what was going on.

I hate these video where orders are shouted over and over and over and over with zero results. You yell the same thing a few times its time to change your approach. In this day and age in police work, cops need to work a little harder, be a little smarter and most definitely know how to talk to people. I know some of you will say "fuck that, do what the cop says" but the reality of it, whether you agree or not, is more people act like this guy in the car than not. You have to take a little calmer approach. Some dude being a dick in a car isn't worth my job because I loose my temper. I always took the "kill them with kindness" approach.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
but the reality of it, whether you agree or not, is more people act like this guy in the car than not. You have to take a little calmer approach. Some dude being a dick in a car isn't worth my job because I loose my temper. I always took the "kill them with kindness" approach.

100%

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

View attachment 991758
I really doubt him getting out would have ended this. But if the cops said what was wrong it may have

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There is something white in the plate space though.

whats the round thing above the hitch?

It certainly is not a piece of paper with letters and numbers on it. I think it is a reflection, and perhaps a license plate frame with nothing in it. There is usually an embossed shape, an X or something behind where the plate goes to give the deck lid some structure and avoid resonance. I think we are seeing light reflecting off that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I really doubt him getting out would have ended this. But if the cops said what was wrong it may have

He would not have gotten out, he said as much.

The cops would have talked to him, made sure the car with no visible registration wasn’t stolen, check his ID and it would have been over, like 1000s of these go every single day.

spectras only

Reaction score
I've been pulled over many times in my time, having a right led foot. Every time the LEO's first sentence was, do you know why I pulled you over for? Pretty simple isn't it. My answer always was, I have no clue officer, haha. They always told me what I was pulled over for!

Xring01

Reaction score
Reading thru alot of this thread....

A big portion of the Civilian to Police relationship, revolves around TRUST....
Trusting that police are there to do the right thing for the right reasons, when bad cops screw up. That trust erodes. Combine that with the media narrative.. Makes a bad situation that much worse. Poors gas on the fire.

As I have mentioned in similar threads....
Based on the Cops and the Medias actions on all of these types of incidents...

CRIME WILL GO UP, COPS LIVES WILL BE PUT IN GREATER DANGER....

Bad guys will be bad guys, cops have no idea if they are dealing with a bad guy, when they make any interaction with any civilian. Therefore they have to assume the worst, and have an escape plan.

But that doesnt give them an excuse to be stupid... Chauvin... thats one dumb MFKR in my opinion, his actions alone will cost several cops there lives. The moment you put cuffs on someone, there safety is the officers responsibility. Every Cop is trained this way, Chauvin screwed up. Due to this... the media reporting is that pretty much all cops are bad... Back that up with stupid shit cops are doing...

RULE NUMBER ONE DE ESCALATE THE SITUATION.....

As someone who was trained in Military Law Enforcement, and worked at the San Ysidro border for over 2 years... I have had my fair share of first hand experience....

No doubt stupid cops have created alot of distrust by the civilians they protect. NO DOUBT...
Now how do they fix that?

Next biggest question. How do we get the media, to report actual facts, instead of the narrative they want to portray..

Until then...
Cops will do the absolute minimum to keep there job, and not get into bad situations, which means the criminals will be emboldened to be more stupid, and being criminals. Crime will increase..... worst news of all... The new cops that take the job, will be trained by the dumbass's who dont care anymore. Spiraling downhill for years to come.

I support our police force, I truly do, some of my good friends/neighbors are cops. One just retired, the absolute day he was eligible... because its not worth the stress. He retired out of Riverside County Sheriff, and moved to Texas in one month... yep... couldnt get out of here fast enough. That poor bastard had one difficult job... working Meth Lab/ MJ areas, from Perris, Hemet, Anza, with no backup for hours sometimes, all by himself... Wow... But he did put alot of very bad people away.

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
get the media, to report actual facts
(off topic, so consider a very minor aside, maybe something for discussion elsewhere)

reporting facts seems to be becoming a very interpretive exercise. some media now just fabricate/create a story, and hope that the story becomes the fact. This is done from every stripe, so readers and citizens must be aware and savvy consumers of information. we are in a new world where information is widely available and widely consumed at a scale not seen in our entire history.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
He would not have gotten out, he said as much.

The cops would have talked to him, made sure the car with no visible registration wasn’t stolen, check his ID and it would have been over, like 1000s of these go every single day.
Maybe I'm a pessimist, I see him getting out ,put on the ground, arrested and hauled in for resisting arrest for just asking a question. In the old days, yes I see it going your way but not now. I do agree that the cops have gotten to militarized. Follow our orders or else.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a pessimist, I see him getting out ,put on the ground, arrested and hauled in for resisting arrest for just asking a question. In the old days, yes I see it going your way but not now. I do agree that the cops have gotten to militarized. Follow our orders or else.

With the body cams in place, I don't believe that would have happened at all. After all of that in the video, he was not arrested or ticketed at all. You can see all of that in the 30 minute extended video.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I've been pulled over many times in my time, having a right led foot. Every time the LEO's first sentence was, do you know why I pulled you over for? Pretty simple isn't it. My answer always was, I have no clue officer, haha. They always told me what I was pulled over for!
I've only ever heard that question twice asked twice. Every other time has been

Do you have any drugs guns or alcohol in your vehicle.
If the first question was asked more often, I think if the first question was asked more often, there would be less problems.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
With the body cams in place, I don't believe that would have happened at all. After all of that in the video, he was not arrested or ticketed at all. You can see all of that in the 30 minute extended video.
But the whole thing could have been de-escalated simply by telling him why he was pulled over. The officers instead maced him.