WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Around Bad Shit

JD D05

Reaction score
I have been around what seems to be a lot of bad shit recently. I was one lane change away from maybe dying in a terrible car accident, I posted pics on here. Couple days before that I felt an accident coming and slowed down to watch a bad pile up right in front of me. I have had 3 people I know have a total 6 family members die in the last 2 months. Than last weekend at my daughters cheer comp I was right next to a lady that got a call that her husband had just died. And there seems to a lot of sad stuff on here. I know RD- Thatgee has had it much worse etc, but jeez I could use some calm.

Pretty sure I am forgetting something else also.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I have been around what seems to be a lot of bad shit recently. I was one lane change away from maybe dying in a terrible car accident, I posted pics on here. Couple days before that I felt an accident coming and slowed down to watch a bad pile up right in front of me. I have had 3 people I know have a total 6 family members die in the last 2 months. Than last weekend at my daughters cheer comp I was right next to a lady that got a call that her husband had just died. And there seems to a lot of sad stuff on here. I know RD- Thatgee has had it much worse etc, but jeez I could use some calm.

stay in the snow dude

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Being in the middle of the storm lets you appreciate the calm when it comes. Think about all those that have no idea of hard times. They can't truly appreciate the good. Life isn't a spectator sport, you know that.

JD D05

Reaction score
stay in the snow dude

Ha well on Sunday I absolutely smoked a tree stump and destroyed my left front suspension and ski, even broke off plastic parts even though the plastic did not hit. Flew off and my shoulder come out, fractured my thumb and a good contusion on my knee.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ha well on Sunday I absolutely smoked a tree stump and destroyed my left front suspension and ski, even broke off plastic parts even though the plastic did not hit. Flew off and my shoulder come out, fractured my thumb and a good contusion on my knee.

Stay on the couch. Wrap yourself in a rainbow towel.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Yah what LOF said. I guess you can consider yourself "lucky" compared to the other poor bastards you mentioned . . .

JD D05

Reaction score
Yah what LOF said. I guess you can consider yourself "lucky" compared to the other poor bastards you mentioned . . .

Oh ya no doubt, I have just seen a lot of faces dealing with some serious shit recently. One guy I was trying to help from the car accident ended up dying.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Never wrecked anything in the snow. I consider that shit falling white evil! It's cold, slippery...good for snowmen and snowballs. I guess when you wad up in it, it helps keep the swelling down?

JD D05

Reaction score
Never wrecked anything in the snow. I consider that shit falling white evil! It's cold, slippery...good for snowmen and snowballs. I guess when you wad up in it, it helps keep the swelling down?

It is part of the deal. If you ride off the trail it is only a matter of time.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
have had 3 people I know have a total 6 family members die in the last 2 months. Than
Last month one of my good friends mom died, it was a couple days after Christmas. Within 24 hours his dad died. To compound the issue his dad was suffering dementia.
His dad had to undergo learning his wife of 60 years had died...3 different times through out the day. And each time it was like learning the news for the first time.
Keep your chin up, Dearden.

JD D05

Reaction score
Last month one of my good friends mom died, it was a couple days after Christmas. Within 24 hours his dad died. To compound the issue his dad was suffering dementia.
His dad had to undergo learning his wife of 60 years had died...3 different times through out the day. And each time it was like learning the news for the first time.
Keep your chin up, Dearden.

My buddy had a similar deal happen in December. I am all good just been a strange deal I guess, maybe I have just been lucky in my life. Just never seen anyone really deal with tragedy right in front of me and now it just keeps happening.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Life 101.

It ain’t always roses.
The more you do, the more exposure to risk.
The more you live, the closer to death.
The more you love, the more you’ll hurt.
The more you help, the less you’ll get.

So on and so on.

There was a few years where every single time I drove to work and back out of state I saw at least one fatal accident each way. Every single month.

I remember your crash, brutal.

Seems like you’re being exposed to a pretty rough patch. Just be careful until the sun shines again.
Or sit on the couch and wait for the heart attack.

JD D05

Reaction score
Life 101.

It ain’t always roses.
The more you do, the more exposure to risk.
The more you live, the closer to death.
The more you love, the more you’ll hurt.
The more you help, the less you’ll get.

So on and so on.

There was a few years where every single time I drove to work and back out of state I saw at least one fatal accident each way. Every single month.

I remember your crash, brutal.

Seems like you’re being exposed to a pretty rough patch. Just be careful until the sun shines again.
Or sit on the couch and wait for the heart attack.

Good stuff.

So at the cheer comp my daughters team went up against 2 other teams in that division. When they do awards all the teams ( hundreds of kids) get on the floor and dance around and talk. One of the teams my daughter went against had the little girl that just lost her Dad. My daughter and a gal on the 3rd team were with me when this all unfolded, so all 3 teams knew what happened. Nobody else in the gym knew...hundreds and hundreds of people. As the awards started these 3 teams basically huddled together and hugged cried talked, you could see people in the stands confused. When the winner in each division is announced the winning team jumps up and celebrates. Well the team that had the tragedy ended up taking first and all 3 teams all stood and celebrated together hugging etc again...It was pretty cool to see young people do that.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My buddy had a similar deal happen in December. I am all good just been a strange deal I guess, maybe I have just been lucky in my life. Just never seen anyone really deal with tragedy right in front of me and now it just keeps happening.

You’re lucky.

Saw my first murder at 3 yo in the Philippines. Dude got drug off a bus and shot right outside the bus.
At 8 YO I saw a utility trailer come off a hitch at an intersection and wipe the top off a car, decapitating 4 adults, I was with my grandparents.
Seen 4 murders take place in my life, each shot...all before I was 16 YO.

Seen maybe 20 bodies from car wrecks, counting the headless ones.

Then there was the guy beating my mom that I was able to stop.

If you drive a lot, you are going to see wrecks. That’s why I saw them.
Imagine what the cops on here see every week?
Or the truck drivers.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Good stuff.

So at the cheer comp my daughters team went up against 2 other teams in that division. When they do awards all the teams ( hundreds of kids) get on the floor and dance around and talk. One of the teams my daughter went against had the little girl that just lost her Dad. My daughter and a gal on the 3rd team were with me when this all unfolded, so all 3 teams knew what happened. Nobody else in the gym knew...hundreds and hundreds of people. As the awards started these 3 teams basically huddled together and hugged cried talked, you could see people in the stands confused. When the winner in each division is announced the winning team jumps up and celebrates. Well the team that had the tragedy ended up taking first and all 3 teams all stood and celebrated together hugging etc again...It was pretty cool to see young people do that.

That is cool.
Kids are far more caring I think, especially little ones.

Deb used to love watching Master Chef Junior.
Her favorite thing about it was that when a kid got eliminated all the other kids would hug them and cry and stuff.
The adult version they basically flip each other off.

JD D05

Reaction score
You’re lucky.

Saw my first murder at 3 yo in the Philippines. Dude got drug off a bus and shot right outside the bus.
At 8 YO I saw a utility trailer come off a hitch at an intersection and wipe the top off a car, decapitating 4 adults, I was with my grandparents.
Seen 4 murders take place in my life, each shot...all before I was 16 YO.

Seen maybe 20 bodies from car wrecks, counting the headless ones.

Then there was the guy beating my mom that I was able to stop.

If you drive a lot, you are going to see wrecks. That’s why I saw them.
Imagine what the cops on here see every week?
Or the truck drivers.

HOLY SHIT! That is a lot to see for a non cop, EMT etc isn't it?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hang in there JD, shit comes in waves. Seems like you are probably close to the other side by now, watch yer back anyhow....might be a set on the outside!

playdeep

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing...
8 funerals in 3 years.Stepfather,Brother in law,lifelong friends.
If I can live thru loss& adversity with 1/2 the class&dignity of WasThatGuy...i'll have suceeded.
FB_IMG_1547752128360.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, we lost 5 people in that month. Seems crazy.

Must be the getting old thing. *shrug*

Hang in there JD, better times are ahead!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Since xmas we had 1 employee die and last Monday we had an explosion and that employee is in the burn center in st paul ....

[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
Since xmas we had 1 employee die and last Monday we had an explosion and that employee is in the burn center in st paul ....

[emoji202]

jeez

JD D05

Reaction score
Yes it is. 2 of them were on mine and the last one "pictured" was my sons. Guess I'm making up for never having bent an A arm. Used to bend the old Poo trailing arms on occasion, but I've been lucky on the newer A Arm sleds.

This is my second ever. It was weird though I was shooting through a couple trees and had already started focusing way beyond the tree i hit. I don't know if a branch or something else pulled me over or really what happened. I have never done that.

B-RAD77

Reaction score
Hang in there dude, for me bad shit usually comes in 3's. just smile and keep going. + know there is always someone like me to heckle with.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
It does go in threes, late 04 lost my best friend and then in early 05 my dad and my uncle. It can make you a bit numb sometimes.

JD D05

Reaction score
Fock!!! Break the bulkhead?

That upper A arm is designed to fail like that to save the bulkhead.

The bulkhead basically is the rib cage of the entire front end. That A arm is bolted to it, it holds the exhaust motor etc etc. If that is cracked its 2 to 3 k but waiting is the shitty part, you are down and out for awhile.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
That upper A arm is designed to fail like that to save the bulkhead.

The bulkhead basically is the rib cage of the entire front end. That A arm is bolted to it, it holds the exhaust motor etc etc. If that is cracked its 2 to 3 k but waiting is the shitty part, you are down and out for awhile.
Uh huh! Tell that to all the guys that bought first year sleds that broke like potatoe chips! They added some structure the second year, supposedly fixed some clutch stuff, yada yada. Those first 2 years were junk. Losts of issues in my camp! I'd give the bulkhead a good look over!

JD D05

Reaction score
Uh huh! Tell that to all the guys that bought first year sleds that broke like potatoe chips! They added some structure the second year, supposedly fixed some clutch stuff, yada yada. Those first 2 years were junk. Losts of issues in my camp! I'd give the bulkhead a good look over!

My brother has a 17 and has had zero issues still on original belt, he did add the bracing. My sled is an 18 and this is the second A arm I have folded...heard back from my mechanic bulkhead is good. I hear about all the issues but everyone I know has zero issues. That includes my buddy that rents out a fleet of 10 17 and 18 gen 4's.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My brother has a 17 and has had zero issues still on original belt, he did add the bracing. My sled is an 18 and this is the second A arm I have folded...heard back from my mechanic bulkhead is good. I hear about all the issues but everyone I know has zero issues. That includes my buddy that rents out a fleet of 10 17 and 18 gen 4's.
Unicorns! LOL...... not the same story here, but continue to order new ones!

JD D05

Reaction score
Unicorns! LOL...... not the same story here, but continue to order new ones!

Weird. I blew my first belt last weekend with 700 on my machine. We where out of fuel by noon and never left sight of the trailer. Very deep

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

I think your bad luck right now. You should go stay with Grads for awhile!

JD D05

Reaction score
And it continues. Can't even talk about this one.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I will add , another worker died ....[emoji202]