WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Advantage 21 SR Boat Show Review

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Good article. Kind of a no frills type deal. The reality is you're going to be well north of $59k when you upgrade the motor. I'd get the 377 mag at a minimum but if it was me I'd probably opt for the 8.2.

I think $75k minimum is more realistic.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Another note about the bilge, those nice dividers that keep crap away from the engine should be added to keep crap away/off of both the battery and the trim pump. Somehow I can see a beach chair bouncing back there and shorting the battery or pump.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good article. Kind of a no frills type deal. The reality is you're going to be well north of $59k when you upgrade the motor. I'd get the 377 mag at a minimum but if it was me I'd probably opt for the 8.2.

I think $75k minimum is more realistic.

I disagree on those prices.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Nice write up Dave, thank you for taking the time to review an entry-level boat from a west-coast custom builder. This is a market segment that I think deserves much more attention because is covers many aspects of boating.

This is a great family boat that you can spend the day on, ski, tube, wakeboard, etc. If powered up to a 6.2 mpi one could make pretty quick work of Havasu on a normal day.

That being said, there are several other west-coast builders that offer 21's with a more functional modern design. When I say modern, I mean are more current design with a more effective use of space.

I still think there is a viable market for these boats and that it is money very well spent for your average performance-minded boater.

Red

Reaction score
Really nice article. It was honest and personal. Thank you for taking the time to post such an informative and unbiased article.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We love our 21SR, it does take the rough well for a 21, and handle the family and all "accessories" perfectly. Great article Dave, and I'm glad to see Advantage still making these.