WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Hallett 290 Boat Show Review

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Woow that is a gorgeous boat. Our family laveycraft has a power hookup as well to lift the hatch in case the batteries are dead and the boat is a 2001.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Woow that is a gorgeous boat. Our family laveycraft has a power hookup as well to lift the hatch in case the batteries are dead and the boat is a 2001.

Does it go straight to the hatch ram? Or to the batteries?

RD

renego

Reaction score

RDP, where can I get a copy of your article on the Conquest comparison?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RDP, where can I get a copy of your article on the Conquest comparison?

I think you are talking about the Nordic Deckboat comparison with Verado's or 300's?

AEA

Reaction score
When will you be able to follow up with a performance report from the lake?

renego

Reaction score
I think you are talking about the Nordic Deckboat comparison with Verado's or 300's?

No I was referring to your comments in this article about the comparison of the three boats and you chose the Hallett 24.

HavaToon

Reaction score

Nice write up. We should be done with prop testing in the next few weeks and ready for a side by side comparison. I'll be back in Havasu next weekend with a set of 28p.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
My Carrera 257 had terminals under the rear seats for jumping batteries or just getting power. It also had the hydrolic lines for the hatch rams run under the rear seats with an inline valve. If there was a malfuction with the hatch rams you could turn te valve and manually lift the hatch. Very cool features, and really a must have with a hatch set up like that.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
The picture of the back of the boat showing the ice chest/ladder... Is that another swim step that is white with a blue outline? If so how will the ladder work?

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Great write-up Dave. Hallett has a winner with this set-up.

funkcity

Reaction score
They add the add-on swim step like Chaparral or some other mass-produced boat....it really does not look right. But then they are selling pontoon boats now also??
But does the step work? Is it safe to drive unlike some of their earlier step incarnations?? I've not read an honest report one way or another??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Neversatisfied,

You know that is a great question and I can't believe I missed it. Yes it is a bolt on swim step that completely covers the drive and makes it more family friendly as a boat. I'm not sure that the ladder would work at that point. I'll have to ask Jerry today.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The picture of the back of the boat showing the ice chest/ladder... Is that another swim step that is white with a blue outline? If so how will the ladder work?

Local company builds them. Swimplatform.com is the place. The ladder no worky with one of these. Have to mount on the extended platform.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Honestly I like the idea of the other swim step too, just not the built in step. Maybe they can make another "Ice Chest". Dam I miss my Hallett!

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
I, like you, would like to step up to the 240s (I would go bigger but the wife say's she won't drive anything bigger)... thanks for the write up!

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Aww man I would like to read that article as well. If I say RDP three times and chug a coors light will the link work again?