WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Howard 28 SDS On the Water

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
Great looking boat and very thorough article, Dave. Love the way you dig into the details.
But now that Taco dude is probly gonna want a job... :p

Seriously, thanks for the assist, Tom- I was down for the count that week.

Scott E

Reaction score
Great write up Dave. Those Howards...they're pretty nice. :D

Last edited:

underpressure

Reaction score
Thanks for the article! Very timely for me as I am strongly considering changing from my Daytona to a Deck next year. Have narrowed the choices down to a Nordic or the Howard. Was very interested is learning more about the Howard (harder to get to their factory) as it compares to the Nordic. Nice write up!

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Good write up on the boat with the videos that allow's you to see and feel like your in the boat. I have always like the Howard line of boats, for a veteran or novice boater it a great company to buy from as the boats will live up to everything it need's to be - safe, reliable, responsive and fast..

Last edited:

vegastechie

Reaction score
The Howard SDS is my first boat!

I took delivery of her on June 1st and already have 32 hours on her.... It handles like a dream, even in that Lake Mead summer chop.
Great write up~!

Anyone wanting a ride can usually find me around Temple Bar Marina on the weekends.....

HB2LHC

Reaction score
Great write up and sick boat. Well done Howard.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for the article! Very timely for me as I am strongly considering changing from my Daytona to a Deck next year. Have narrowed the choices down to a Nordic or the Howard. Was very interested is learning more about the Howard (harder to get to their factory) as it compares to the Nordic. Nice write up!

You are in luck, we are also doing articles on the 26&29 Nordic.

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave,

Could you share your thoughts on the "28" ft length. I can see it has a large swim step built in and the bow has that "Magic" type platform on the front...

Would you call this hull an over sized 26 or an undersized 30??? or neither ?? What other boats would have to most similar running surface?

Great looking and clearly well built boat.

Thx

Scott E

Reaction score
Dave,

Could you share your thoughts on the "28" ft length. I can see it has a large swim step built in and the bow has that "Magic" type platform on the front...

Would you call this hull an over sized 26 or an undersized 30??? or neither ?? What other boats would have to most similar running surface?

Thx

The bow platform on the Howard is part of the mold whereas the Magic and Conquest are bolted on.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,

Thx

Every performance deck out there that I can think of, except for the Nordic is pretty much based on the Talon bottom. Conquest, Magic, American Offshore, Eliminator etc.. Most of them have their own bottom changes. Magic changed the bottom of their decks in last years and picked up 4-5 mph with some very minor changes.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Thanks Dave for a great write-up. The interior looks awesome and has Carlos Lafarga (of DCB fame) written all over it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for a great write-up. The interior looks awesome and has Carlos Lafarga (of DCB fame) written all over it.

I'm pretty sure Danny at WCMI is doing them. Carlos is back at DCB again though!!

tx howard

Reaction score
It's one thing to write a great article but to add the video (not just a few still photos) you get a true appreciation of the story being told. Very cool.

sirbob

Reaction score
Every performance deck out there that I can think of, except for the Nordic is pretty much based on the Talon bottom. Conquest, Magic, American Offshore, Eliminator etc.. Most of them have their own bottom changes. Magic changed the bottom of their decks in last years and picked up 4-5 mph with some very minor changes.

Dave Just to be sure.. I'm not comparing the bottom to Magic or suggesting a knock off or suggesting anything, I was just wondering what the "true" length might be of the running bottom.

When I park my boat (Ultra 26) next to a Magic, mine looks like a shrimp - shorter, lower freeboard etc. As you know a 26 Ultra has no built in swim step and I believe is measured to the tip of the bow. I have not had my boat next to a Howard and was simply wondering just how big a boat it is by comparison...

Thx

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave Just to be sure.. I'm not comparing the bottom to Magic or suggesting a knock off or suggesting anything, I was just wondering what the "true" length might be of the running bottom.

When I park my boat (Ultra 26) next to a Magic, mine looks like a shrimp - shorter, lower freeboard etc. As you know a 26 Ultra has no built in swim step and I believe is measured to the tip of the bow. I have not had my boat next to a Howard and was simply wondering just how big a boat it is by comparison...

Thx

I never measured the running surface on any of them personally so I wouldn't know. Might make an interesting article though?

RD