WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Lucas Oil Drag Boats World Finals 2013... In the eye of the beer-holder

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Excellent write up. some shots are pretty good, too. quite a few of them are F$%$^&ing GREAT! BravO

catman

Reaction score
As always,Great story and pics Taco!!!!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Great article and Pictures as usual Tom, I like how you took a different approach with this article and explained what you look for when your eye is behind the lens. :thumbup:

69GS

Reaction score
Excellent pics and great article and thank you for your time.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I love photography, and sometimes I feel like a broken record "Oh so great, love these, awesome job" blah... Thinking of something creative to say about all the awesome photos on this board is taxing on my blond head...
I haven't read the "front page" in a few weeks. But as I read the articles, view the photos, and soak in what I missed, sometimes I get all teary eyed like I just read someone had a fucking baby, or got married. That article about the Games Boys racing did that. This article has got to be my favorite. Not that it matters. I enjoyed the viewpoint of how you see it, using the over and under exposure to give it a personal touch. Photography is often too focused on the "perfect shot, perfect exposure" but when it's yours, and you give it the angel and exposure you see it as, who's to judge that? Certainly not me. Thanks for sharing your point of view, truly cool to see and read.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks all! And thank you B! You said "not that it matters", but in fact it does. None if us photogs (except jayboat) are making money doing this so hearing that people find enjoyment out of our images is our pay. Thanks to all of you for checking it out!

Hammer

Reaction score
Thanks all! And thank you B! You said "not that it matters", but in fact it does. None if us photogs (except jayboat) are making money doing this so hearing that people find enjoyment out of our images is our pay. Thanks to all of you for checking it out!

In that case your pics suck !!!! Lol :D

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, thank you, thank you, thank you. First, for the brilliantly written narrative; second, for the once again breathtaking pictures; third, for your witty title and link. Keep doing what you do because you do it so well!

Thanks Eli :)

Hammer

Reaction score
One of these days I'm going to catch you somewhere and have you teach me a few things! If you're ever in SD again...let me know!

That sounds kinky ;) :p

Hammer

Reaction score
Dont worry Hambone, there will be an entire thread started tonight... ;)

You headed to kroekers shop first before your big trip ? Look for Star Racing if they are down there, not sure what class he's in but they have a buggy, logo is similar to the alpine star logo . They REALLY like pics of their car running ;)

Hammer

Reaction score
You headed to kroekers shop first before your big trip ? Look for Star Racing if they are down there, not sure what class he's in but they have a buggy, logo is similar to the alpine star logo . They REALLY like pics of their car running ;)

Here's a pic of their car....
mynury2a.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah we're leaving from the shop tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep an eye out for the car!

Hammer

Reaction score
Yeah we're leaving from the shop tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep an eye out for the car!

I'm sure you're planning on it but I'd like to see an article on Kent's shop as well as pictures. Separate from the Baja article !

If that's not too much to ask ;)

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Anything for you Hammy... I'll add it to the list. KORE is a bad ass shop for sure!