WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Nordic goes after Pontoon Market with a 26 and a 350 Verado

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave in looking at the prop location on this outboard mount it seems like it sits lower than a typical Merc outdrive combo.

Is that just my imagination? If it does sit lower how does that effect the performance? is this the first one? if so they may not know yet?

I suppose it could be put on a jack plate and this is just a pic of the mock up?

once again - nice write up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is a pic of the mockup. With the large transom bracket they will have room to move it up and down a bit on final assembly. It will require some prop testing, and height testing to figure out where it works best carrying a load and getting on plane.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Verado's don't have low water pickups so they are limited on how high they can be mounted. Mine can be set as high as 1.75" above where I belive the verado counterpart is set even or below.

Oh an Verados are to heavy and a little to much torque for the jack plates that are available currently.

Groper

Reaction score
It's extremely important for easy access (in & out of the water) for a purpose platform like this. I'd like to see a full Bracket/Swim Platform other than the bolt on Billet type.

What type of swim step or platform will be used ?
Can't wait to see the finished product.

HavaToon

Reaction score
It's extremely important for easy access (in & out of the water) for a purpose platform like this. I'd like to see a full Bracket/Swim Platform other than the bolt on Billet type.

What type of swim step or platform will be used ?
Can't wait to see the finished product.

I you look closer at the pictures, you'll notice the giant fiberglass swim step is still there that comes standard on the deck boat.

Groper

Reaction score
I you look closer at the pictures, you'll notice the giant fiberglass swim step is still there that comes standard on the deck boat.
Their (Nordic's) swim step is maybe a foot deep and a foot out of the water (probably the smallest in production of Fiberglass Deck Boats).
I'm talking about something at the waterline that's easily accessed, not something you have to climb up and out of the water. Thats one of the pluses of a Toon Platform, not a spring loaded single step.
You've seen the potential purchasers of the Toon Market it is every bit of 50+yrs on up, It's all about convenience and ease of use.

Robsandfreak

Robsandfreak
Reaction score
Deck boat with a outboard.....nothing new! In fact the 20th anniversary! They're a party boat.....no wait.....Party Cat, seems I've heard that before!
Here I'll predict the future: first a 400, then 2x400, then 3x400.
Once they get the setback right you'll be cruising with 3 efficient outboards rather than an I/O
As technology takes us to the era of the a efficient and dependable outboards we will find a lot of boats being converted to the more efficient means of propulsion