WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Where's the Gel? A muddy little secret

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the Taco is gonna wear her blemishes a while longer :( Great article Dave!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
There's good news though.
So far as I have seen,the new Lilly/Ram gelcoat seems to be top grade.The clear works well for in the mold use,I would imagine for repair it will be the new "go-to" for these repair shops.
Of the colors,I have only used red and orange,out of the can.They seem to be damn close if not ringers for the Valspar colors.We had no Valspar colors to compair direct.I did not do any mixing of let downs so I will not comment there.

retaocleg

Reaction score
nordic owners fear not.......we havent used valspar colors since the early 2000's........i did use their clear though, best on the market, bar none.........we have worked with dura and revchem to dial in their new clear, but we are just now getting close to the valspar(the new high performance clear by dura cures better and hangs better than their old diamond clear, which is crap)..........i admit i sobbed a wee bit when i was told they(valspar) were shutting down..........instant thought was to find the whole country supply and store it, but have to learn to live without out it sometime, so it might as well start now rather than later.........

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Disregard my previous statements,not top notch...at all