WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

As of now AZ schools no in person learning

67 baron sprint LD 390 FE

Reaction score
The state played this one good! Tell the parents we’ll hold off until the 17th and see where things are at, sign up for distance learning only 2 weeks. They got the kids back to so called school on the 3 rd so they can get their money , and come out with a release from the state stating we are in no shape to return. Havasu was suppose to get benchmarks this Friday ( Which by the way I have e mailed the president of the school board to hear what those benchmarks are , and there is really no answer) . This is not good at all on kids and their families. I know the teachers are trying hard and want the kids back , but the politics have gone to far!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The state played this one good! Tell the parents we’ll hold off until the 17th and see where things are at, sign up for distance learning only 2 weeks. They got the kids back to so called school on the 3 rd so they can get their money , and come out with a release from the state stating we are in no shape to return. Havasu was suppose to get benchmarks this Friday ( Which by the way I have e mailed the president of the school board to hear what those benchmarks are , and there is really no answer) . This is not good at all on kids and their families. I know the teachers are trying hard and want the kids back , but the politics have gone to far!
If the cases of covid continue to drop like the last few days, there should not be any excuse for in person schooling.

Reaction score
If the cases of covid continue to drop like the last few days, there should not be any excuse for in person schooling.
Exactly , but that’s not going to happen

Attachments

• A3CB6C70-0C0B-4B55-9420-C83E5764170D.png
    A3CB6C70-0C0B-4B55-9420-C83E5764170D.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 98

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Illinois decided that awhile ago.
But..... we got "some" Fall sports. Cross Country, Tennis, Swimming.
Better than nothing.
Fall football is now Feb15th till end of Mar.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
My boys are at Cavalry in Havasu. In class instruction begins Aug 17th with no restrictions at all. Granted its private.

Reaction score
With no school age kids I haven't followed as close as some, but thought it was dependent on the area, this seems like B.S.
Lake havasu was waiting on these so called “ benchmarks” . Which I couldn’t get an answer on what those really are. If you look at the letter from the state that I attached they are saying high community spread . Really WTF , I’m calling bullshit , they don’t have real numbers at all , even if they did I have heard that there are false claims of COVID cases.

Singleton

Reaction score
With no school age kids I haven't followed as close as some, but thought it was dependent on the area, this seems like B.S.

that is the CA order.
However 90% of the CA population is on the Hobs watchlist. Watchlist equals no physical school (public or private). Must be off watchlist to get kids in school. my district was going to try and the threat of lawsuits (From parents) was over the top.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Here in Riverside California we are going to Virtual also. My wife is a teacher (Kindergarten) and has been eager to get back as she misses her kids tremendously. Her district asked for volunteers to teach in person so of course she did. Well, in person got denied so she was sent to the bottom of the list and priority was given to teachers who opted to teach virtually. She has now been asked to teach 3rd grade virtually and a teacher with a ton less seniority than her has been given her kindergarten class to teach. Needless to say it is a SHIT SHOW!

Reaction score
My boys are at Cavalry in Havasu. In class instruction begins Aug 17th with no restrictions at all. Granted its private.
We are looking at Calvary , we have some friends that have their kids there . This is sad at the end of the day the kids are being played by politics at its best , and nobody is calling bullshit on it .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
About two weeks ago, Ducey left it to the districts as to how they wanted to do it. School districts seem to fear lawsuits and the unions. Our's went so far as to put out a parent survey 2 weeks ago, in which 80% wanted in class instruction. Well, 80% of us are pissed off.

Reaction score
Here in Riverside California we are going to Virtual also. My wife is a teacher (Kindergarten) and has been eager to get back as she misses her kids tremendously. Her district asked for volunteers to teach in person so of course she did. Well, in person got denied so she was sent to the bottom of the list and priority was given to teachers who opted to teach virtually. She has now been asked to teach 3rd grade virtually and a teacher with a ton less seniority than her has been given her kindergarten class to teach. Needless to say it is a SHIT SHOW!
Exactly shit show , public schools don’t have any business in online learning , end of story.

2Driver

Reaction score
Want to see the teachers demand schools to open ?

“Due to efficiencies gained through online learning and computerized testing we will be permanently reducing staff by 40%”

My kid had to take calc 3 at ASU online. It cost $1,700 to take the course and he never saw the professor or could get access to her despite portraying it as an instructor led class with an assigned professor.,He ended up signing up to Cheg to get his questions answered.

Reaction score
About two weeks ago, Ducey left it to the districts as to how they wanted to do it. School districts seem to fear lawsuits and the unions. Our's went so far as to put out a parent survey 2 weeks ago, in which 80% wanted in class instruction. Well, 80% of us are pissed off.
Ducey has played us all

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
We are looking at Calvary , we have some friends that have their kids there . This is sad at the end of the day the kids are being played by politics at its best , and nobody is calling bullshit on it .
Hurry. My boys are in pre k and the other in kindergarten. My kindergartener was on the waiting list.

Reaction score
61DE5173-59C1-492F-BF1E-7D5D303F81D9.png

Read the last sentence , havasu we are getting played! This is not mandated ! . But our school board can’t figure this out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ducey has played us all
Ducey is a spineless twerp, don't get me wrong, but it was our local district that screwed us. They had options, they chose poorly.

Wife teaches kinder here. She loves the job, 20 years of it. She is trying to figure out packets, online and meetings with kids with special needs. She was out the door at 6 this morning...and we don't have a traffic issue here. Depending on the next couple months, I may be converting the detached two car into a classroom/daycare. She has all the stuff over the years to teach early ed...and a few of the people out here have already asked my wife. Licensing may be a bear, as the state is going to become a nightmare.

Reaction score
Ducey is a spineless twerp, don't get me wrong, but it was our local district that screwed us. They had options, they chose poorly.

Wife teaches kinder here. She loves the job, 20 years of it. She is trying to figure out packets, online and meetings with kids with special needs. She was out the door at 6 this morning...and we don't have a traffic issue here. Depending on the next couple months, I may be converting the detached two car into a classroom/daycare. She has all the stuff over the years to teach early ed...and a few of the people out here have already asked my wife. Licensing may be a bear, as the state is going to become a nightmare.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more teachers that do that. I’m sure this is hard on the teachers . With Arizona being 48th in the nation , that shows how our state looks at our education. My older asked if her teacher from last year could do that.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My wife works at Calvary, teaching K-4 and I have 2 kids that as well. Don't hold your breath guys, if the district cancels in person learning, Calvary will as well. They have followed every trend unfortunately.

Hopefully the doors stay open, my family needs it! Teaching from home was hard enough on my wife, but doing that with 4 kids in the house was almost impossible! And only one was enrolled in school at the time, now we have 2 enrolled. We will have to hire an in-home babysitter to pull this off again if the doors close

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more teachers that do that. I’m sure this is hard on the teachers . With Arizona being 48th in the nation , that shows how our state looks at our education. My older asked if her teacher from last year could do that.
In Ca, some teachers do the job because they like it, and some for the money/benefits. Az has a huge turn over. The pay is a little over 30% what she was making in Ca. She loves the job, not the political BS now. Luckily, we are in a decent spot, should she go for it. Our only drawback is we are a ways out of "town". The population density is nowhere near as great, but the parental involvement is quite good, and most are like minded. Trucks, SUVs, and a lot of American flags out this way.

C-2

Reaction score
There are private schools that are opening despite the Newsom's order - I live in Riverside, which is on the watch list, but my daughter's school is opening.

It's not a charter school, straight private with zero cash from the State or the feds. When you enroll, they tell you; we don't believe in same sex anything and we can do whatever we want.

The entire student body was 900. After the pandemic started ,they received an additional 750 new student applications. For the first time ever the school will open at full capacity, which us existing parents think is kind of crappy since class room sizes will match public class sizes.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
This is a really bad deal. I hate seeing this go down like this. It really is going to cause huge education gaps. Those that can afford private onsite at home or pop up travel education (concierge) for their kids will. A lot of kids are going to fall behind. Our private school is in HB, my wife is stay at home, and we are lining up the next 6 months for our boys. The fact that kids are being pawned in this should not be forgotten.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

“Due to efficiencies gained through online learning and computerized testing we will be permanently reducing staff by 40%”

My kid had to take calc 3 at ASU online. It cost $1,700 to take the course and he never saw the professor or could get access to her despite portraying it as an instructor led class with an assigned professor.,He ended up signing up to Cheg to get his questions answered.
I was thinking more like 90%.😂

C-2

Reaction score
I forgot to add, the school announced on 7-17-20 they would follow Newsom's order.

Then God told them it was okay to open, so that's what they're doing.

Yes, I'm mocking them a little :) Reality is, the school is great.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

When you close down the economy and lose hundreds of billions of dollars in tax revenue the cuts will have to come swift and deep. Defunding the police was first because they could call it a good thing thanks to blm. Now will be education due to kids opting for virtual learning or states forcing the issue huge budget cuts will be justified as we dont need the teachers or to maintain the campuses. Next will be trash days will be every other week due to outbreaks at recycling centers. Due to the lack of riders public transportation is going to have reduced schedules. On and on.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

They cut most schools by 2/3 for onsite. Now teachers site are teaching 2 grades at once. Next year will be massive layoffs.

2Driver

Reaction score
I think the general personality trait of most ( not all) educators is that they will sit around and think up everything and anything that could ever go wrong and portray the absolute remote chances as a guaranteed

LOL Here ya go.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
“Hey, let’s eliminate the 2 income family by forcing home schooling. We’ll keep the “teachers” on payroll as a Union PAC. We’ll charge for the service of course, and will continue to increase tax burdens (especially since household income is now demolished) on residents. This will be the new normal, and the blueprint for so called public education going forward. The people seem opposed, but what the fuck do we care? They’re the fools that elected us! If they get too unruly we’ll just shut everything down like we have twice already.
Hell, we have them so conditioned in just 6 months that they are actually celebrating the mere notion of the off chance of a half day in class as if it’s a victory.
Mission accomplished.”

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think the general personality trait of most ( not all) educators is that they will sit around and think up everything and anything that could ever go wrong and portray the absolute remote chances as a guaranteed

LOL Here ya go.

JP is a funny mf.
I’m a subscriber.

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL in order to somehow save money, around 2009 during the recession the Government offices in Parker went to a 4 day work week ( but they got paid for 40 hours supposedly working 4 10’s) . Pretty sure they never returned to servicing the community 5 days a week.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

Absofuckinglutely. Some of these teachers don't seem to understand they are voting for their own obsolescence... But that seems to be the story across the board right now, not just in education :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Beyond sad that the kids will pay the price for scared politicians. Spelling and grammar is bad enough with "educated" folks(just look the first sentence of the Education Board letter), imagine reading what will be written in the near future
My daughter is a teacher in SoKorea. They had roughly 6 weeks of school closures(Feb,March) but returned to in class teaching in early April. They do wear masks which adds a degree of difficulty to teaching them a new language.

Cdog

Reaction score

LOL Here ya go.

HAHA! Let's relieve them of their "privilege" and have them join the struggle of the ranks of unemployed. After all you cant have solidarity with the underserved when sitting on your ass in your nice home with a paycheck protected by union supremacy.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score

Wife is doing the same thing this morning. She is actually helping the kinder teacher that took her class. She said it's a tough pill to swallow, but she was not going to leave the teacher hanging as only the kids will suffer.

The only plus out of this is my wife has been wanting to drink every night due to the stress, so at least I haven't had to drink alone 😁

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
My wife works at Calvary, teaching K-4 and I have 2 kids that as well. Don't hold your breath guys, if the district cancels in person learning, Calvary will as well. They have followed every trend unfortunately.

Hopefully the doors stay open, my family needs it! Teaching from home was hard enough on my wife, but doing that with 4 kids in the house was almost impossible! And only one was enrolled in school at the time, now we have 2 enrolled. We will have to hire an in-home babysitter to pull this off again if the doors close

My anxiety is through the roof over this. Calvary has historically followed the trend but I can’t imagine they can keep their doors open at all if they don’t open back up and get tuition rolling.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My anxiety is through the roof over this. Calvary has historically followed the trend but I can’t imagine they can keep their doors open at all if they don’t open back up and get tuition rolling.

Yeah, tensions are high in our house!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My company cleans a charter school. They opened full bore yesterday.

Reaction score
Oh and here’s icing on the cake , schools are allowing daycare for kids at public schools and you have to pay for it . Are you f-ing kidding me! We can’t go back but we can have day care

D19

Reaction score
Oh and here’s icing on the cake , schools are allowing daycare for kids at public schools and you have to pay for it . Are you f-ing kidding me! We can’t go back but we can have day care

That's like paying taxes for the roads then having to pay another fee (registration) to use them... Oh wait I forgot... that already happens. LOL

The government is really clever when it comes to lying and stealing. The crap they pull is no surprise.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I just don't see how schools are going to do it. Honestly. I am a middle school teacher and we are trying to figure out logistically how to have fewer kids on campus. Block schedule or all periods with half students/class (A/B) days. If one of my students tests positive, then me, his/her other 5 teachers, and all students in contact with him/her have to test and be quarantined until our test results come back. I'm not afraid to go back, but I just think it would logistically to not go back with all of these mandates. They are so overboard. If the masks work, why do we have to be 6 feet apart? If the masks work, why do I have to quarantine if the child was merely in my room? What happens if there is a fire/emergency? How will we have drills? With the schedule of seeing all classes each day, the class time is at about 35 minutes per class so we can make time to have one-way traffic in the hallways, wash hands, distribute hand sanitizer, clean each desk/chair (and let the cleaner sit for 5 minutes) during a much longer passing period. The principal time-tested cleaning the desks/chairs. She said it took 5 full minutes to clean them and she was going as fast as she could. Then it has to sit for 5 minutes to (hopefully) dry. Kids can't use the restroom during passing. That will come out of instruction time. Kids can't touch the cleaner. If it's not dry, they cannot sit down until it's dry. Kids can't wait outside the room anymore, I have to let them in. When am I supposed to use the restroom? What are middle schoolers supposed to do for a 10-minute passing when their room is next door and they aren't allowed to be near each other, but they are in the classroom because they can't wait outside? Who is watching the hallway while we are cleaning the desks? I know I'm rambling, but I just don't see how this can work with what they want us to do. I don't see how any meaningful instruction is going to happen. Who takes over my classroom for two weeks while I'm quarantined?

The local teacher's union has filed an OSHA complaint which really pisses me off. We currently have the option to teach digitally or in person (with a doctor's note). What is the problem? They want no one to teach in person.

Reaction score
I just don't see how schools are going to do it. Honestly. I am a middle school teacher and we are trying to figure out logistically how to have fewer kids on campus. Block schedule or all periods with half students/class (A/B) days. If one of my students tests positive, then me, his/her other 5 teachers, and all students in contact with him/her have to test and be quarantined until our test results come back. I'm not afraid to go back, but I just think it would logistically to not go back with all of these mandates. They are so overboard. If the masks work, why do we have to be 6 feet apart? If the masks work, why do I have to quarantine if the child was merely in my room? What happens if there is a fire/emergency? How will we have drills? With the schedule of seeing all classes each day, the class time is at about 35 minutes per class so we can make time to have one-way traffic in the hallways, wash hands, distribute hand sanitizer, clean each desk/chair (and let the cleaner sit for 5 minutes) during a much longer passing period. The principal time-tested cleaning the desks/chairs. She said it took 5 full minutes to clean them and she was going as fast as she could. Then it has to sit for 5 minutes to (hopefully) dry. Kids can't use the restroom during passing. That will come out of instruction time. Kids can't touch the cleaner. If it's not dry, they cannot sit down until it's dry. Kids can't wait outside the room anymore, I have to let them in. When am I supposed to use the restroom? What are middle schoolers supposed to do for a 10-minute passing when their room is next door and they aren't allowed to be near each other, but they are in the classroom because they can't wait outside? Who is watching the hallway while we are cleaning the desks? I know I'm rambling, but I just don't see how this can work with what they want us to do. I don't see how any meaningful instruction is going to happen. Who takes over my classroom for two weeks while I'm quarantined?

The local teacher's union has filed an OSHA complaint which really pisses me off. We currently have the option to teach digitally or in person (with a doctor's note). What is the problem? They want no one to teach in person.
Honestly it’s out of control , the kids, the parents ,and the teachers are paying the price for the lack of intelligence from our state and local governments