WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

As The World F'n Turns...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, tonight is meet the teacher night, and school is set to resume a week from this coming Monday. Wife is a teacher...actually loves the teaching, doesn't make squat out here. She has been excited that some normality would return.

For medical reasons, anxiety, claustrophobia and associated vertigo, she had been given a medical exemption from wearing a mask.

Last night, school board decided that no exemptions will be made. My wife was told that all online teaching positions were all filled now, so that is no longer an option. She chose to do the class thing when she was assured the medical exemption was solid.

Wife was crying...
Not a lot pisses me off these days. Someone upsetting my wife would be one. Spineless pricks that make mandates via email, at the last minute, would be another.

Wife was afraid to start a pre-school a few years back. May be looking for either a property, or perhaps setup a school house building, and section off some of our property. We'll see what the next few days brings.

Fuck 2020.
That is all.

traquer

Reaction score
That blows... Two things I can think of.

1) Lots of fun and money in running your own pre-school if she likes that kind of stuff. Downside is lots of traffic coming and going to the property.

2) Get some masks made out of black silk or something that's a very light fitting material and extremely breathable/porus, and just wear that.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Contact an attorney weigh your options, this shit has to stop. They couldn't kick a kid out of her class with a service dog if she were allergic to dogs because that would be discrimination.
Precisely. She has a medical exemption. I bet if you just threatened to get a lawyer the board will all of a sudden have an online teaching position open up.

They cannot take away her position without offering an equal replacement due to a health condition. Specially one that was pre-existing (very symptoms that qualified her were there LONG before this bullshit).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, she just got home. Parents and teachers both are pissed. Apparently the board changed a lot of things last night...what type of masks need to be worn, schedule for classes...all sorts of BS.

Wife has calmed a bit. She has pretty much decided that if this is how they want to play, she may get ready to strike out on her own. She's pissed. Glad it's at them, not me. Been looking at used "portable" classrooms for sale in Phoenix, and weighing options. Going to look at county requirements tomorrow, as well as "daycare", pre-school and home based early education guidelines.

May also burn down some sick days, and game things until the election. This is just another speedbump...been through worse. We aren't going to starve, and we have a roof over our heads ;)

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
MW
it might be a Blessing in disguise....

This might be the BEST time to start a home schooling teaching gig....

The majority are FED up with everything... which includes educational studies....

I heard some schools are teaching 8th graders about anal sex???? as a SAFE option. (Dr. Laura mentioned on her broadcast)

The Devil is working overtime ....

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
MW
it might be a Blessing in disguise....

This might be the BEST time to start a home schooling teaching gig....

The majority are FED up with everything... which includes educational studies....

I heard some schooling are teaching 8th graders about the anal sex????. (Dr. Laura mentioned on her broadcast)

The Devil is working overtime ....
All things happen for a reason...I've seen good things go bad, and things virtually horrible lead to the best decisions and moves in a person's life. It's that whole ,"Box of chocolates" thing ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Some friends in DC banded together with their neighbors (8 families total) and hired their own teacher to home-school their kids.

A gig like this would be right up her alley, methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this but it's not unexpected with the Left using Covid to turn the world on its head in 2020

I hope your wife (and you) are able to make lemonade (and $) out of this bushel of lemons

HitIt

Reaction score
This could be the nudge that you guys needed to start down an even better path. Hope it all works out.

Seems like fighting anything is futile right now. Make sure your energy goes into something that has a good chance of a positive outcome for you. Fighting against things like school boards can suck your soul away.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Update "union rep" is actually on her side at the moment...odd considering the fuktardery they push. Principal is on her side as well. It helps that she has probably the highest test scores and greatest improvement in her classes to date. It also helps that she has already told one principal at her last school to call her bluff...that's why she's at the current school.

Push comes to shove, she out. She has a pup semi trailer full of early ed stuff. We could outfit a preschool fairly easily. Location is a bitch though. We live out a ways, so home based would be limited, but cost effective. Buying or leasing a property in town may get pricey. Then it would need to be a larger groupe to be cost effective, then comes staff...not easy to find worthwhile employees here.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I would be flamed out too, and I would be looking for an attorney. Today. This is B.S.
Make sure you have the documents and timeline of these changes on paper, and go sit down with the attorney. If she winds up in the classroom and is forced to work under restrictions counter to her doctors advice, tell her to start keeping a journal and document the hell out of anything that she experiences that even smells like a hostile work environment. Document how she deals with it unless and until her attorney tells her to do otherwise.

In the meantime I would really start to gather facts for a business plan. I don't think the movement away from government run public schools is going to slow down. It sounds like your wife is the kind of teacher parents pray for, and the kind kids learn from. IF you are in a small town believe me, the word gets around among families with school age children about the "Teachers you want".
Your wife would probably have parents beating down the door to get their kids signed up with her.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Some weird 11th hour stuff happened last night, as in past school hours. My wife threw a Hail Mary, and basically asked the Dr. to write a slightly more strongly worded letter. Letter was sent via email to HR, and others...don't really know who.

As of today, wife will still be teaching at the same school. The only change will be in small group, horseshoe table, she will have to have an acrylic "windshield" (sneezeguard?) Dimensions have been given for whatever size they needed. Materials were supposed to be supplied by her. She just let me know a gift card was left on her desk to cover that!

I know my opinion is biased, but I think she's a good teacher. It would appear others do as well. Teaching, really teaching, not the BS crap indoctrination, is a calling. LEO's and Firemen risk their lives and sanity on the job. Teachers usually just their sanity.

I think this is still an eye opener for my wife. We may still proceed, but not out of necessity, but of desire. I think she's now seeing that idiots can sometimes reach positions of control. If nothing else, this gives us time to do things right. We aren't young, but not old either. She does the job because she likes it. The money is NOT a driving factor.

For now, all letters and emails are going into a file. They still may be needed, as apparently their word means nothing to them. At least I don't have to pack up a classroom this weekend.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Very happy to hear this outcome. I worked for a very corrupt UHSD. My old Union was not much better.

Then I got to work at a US DOL Schoolsite.
Thats when my eyes were really opened to the fuckery. As Subcontractors, we we only semi untouchable. We flew under the radar for the most part, and were successful in graduating well trained individuals in spite of the administration. It was amazing to see the graft, corruption, petty infighting, and roadblocks they threw at us.

I lasted 6 years. Final straw had them screwing over one of my students, and I refused to go along.

They say everyone can be replaced. Your Wife proved that wrong.. Good job!!

In my case,, Too bad that program I instructed, no longer exists.

grumpy88

Reaction score
During these crazy times i wonder what insurance would cost to open a private school . If one kid was to contract covid and the parents file a claim or pursue legal action i imagine it could be spendy . Shitty things to consider but the world is a crazy place . Im glad she is back in the class room . Scottsdale public school has been in person for a few weeks now .

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
MW, I stand by my earlier statement... It might be the PERFECT time to open a private school... you might want to check what it entails?????

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
MW, I stand by my earlier statement... It might be the PERFECT time to open a private school... you might want to check what it entails?????

Yes, to start an accredited private school takes some time. Same with a "Charter". With charter, you have different guidelines set by the Dept. Of Ed, but you get government funding. That can also be a drawback. If going into early ed, like preschool, things are much easier. Insurance requirements are on the list of things to look into, as well as ADA, property and structure needs.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yes, to start an accredited private school takes some time. Same with a "Charter". With charter, you have different guidelines set by the Dept. Of Ed, but you get government funding. That can also be a drawback. If going into early ed, like preschool, things are much easier. Insurance requirements are on the list of things to look into, as well as ADA, property and structure needs.
So how about the kids are enrolled in "Home Schooling" and your wife is the Tutor? No School credentials needed. She would be a private contractor.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So how about the kids are enrolled in "Home Schooling" and your wife is the Tutor? No School credentials needed. She would be a private contractor.
With the way the home school thing is booming, it is an option. Set her up with a utility van, decked out and supplied for home visits...early ed has a lot of charts and such, counting and letter blocks for spelling...
May be a different avenue worth investigating.