WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ascot Raceway

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
My brother and myself all ran S.c.i.d.a. sprint buggies at Ascot. Turbocharged vw power in a Funco single seater. Used to also run at Corona, Chula Vista and Manzanita raceway. Graduated to making a few appearances in CRA sprints driving the Marri's Pizza Wagon for Rich Rockert. Great times to say the least.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Drove by earlier going to home depot. Been a insurance yard for years now for totaled cars. I recall going there to get someone out of my Sisters car and they brought the car to me on a giant forklift.
Thats crazy to hear its a junk yard, I would have thought it would have been new homes and condos or something...

boatnam2

Reaction score
Good video on YOUTUBE about what actually went down to lose it by Agajanian's kid

playdeep

Reaction score
Good video on YOUTUBE about what actually went down to lose it by Agajanian's kid

I'd love to see the video.
Heard they had a deal on an extension of the lease.
The woman who owned the property got pissed off&negated the deal at the last minute?
...just what I've heard over the years.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thats crazy to hear its a junk yard, I would have thought it would have been new homes and condos or something...
Not a junk yard. But more of a transfer yard. They bring all the total loss vehicles there. There is always transporters moving them out. I think they just stay there until insurance pays out and then sold. If you look from freeway you can see how many are there it's full but they are not long term. .

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
My whole family is Glaziers so we use to do some work for dean Thompson he owned a glass shop, he could get around the half mile pretty good in a Sprinter. My favorite there was flat track and TT, Kenny and the boys. Speedway was also good there for awhile.
Speedway was outrageous on the 1/2 mile. Shifting gears and all.

Playpen

Reaction score
... Re Eddie Wirth...One of the nicest guys you could ever meet...He was on his feet as a transportation captain sometimes 80 hours in a week... told me if he sat down he would fall asleep...One of our drivers was part of his pit crew another driver was his girlfriend Perry ...it was a ton of fun working all week making TV movies and then essentially just heading to Ascot...
I am a Teamster too I worked with Eddie on some shows from 1996 thru 2000 he was super cool I never saw him race but I heard all the Stories we went to Petaluma on a show for 6 weeks & we would all go to Calistoga on Saturday Nights to watch the races

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I remember Dick Lane announcing the races on Ch5.
They named a section of Mulholland Drive where lovers parked after him.