WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ass smell when driving Moho

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Get a terrible ass smell (actually grey water smell) when driving the Moho after a camping trip. Seems to be coming from under/around one of the bathroom sinks. Looked around and found these vents under each sink. Not sure if this is where the smell is coming from but seems like the only source.
The grey tank is vented thru the roof so why do I need these vents at each sink?
What happens if I tape o er or cap off these vents?
DE36D28C-F165-48E7-AC05-5315DC620F3A.jpeg
94270789-8810-48B5-A742-1117F388E0CA.jpeg

dspracing

Reaction score
If my Grey tank is above 1/2 it will vent up through the kitchen sink when I hit the brakes. I installed a ball valve in the drain line so I can shut it off for the ride home.

Icky

Reaction score
I put chemicals in my grey tank as well as flush it periodically

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Yeah my grey tank always springs a leak on the way home somehow.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
The vent is to stop the siphon a tech trap. It’s to keep water in the trap. If you thought it smelled bad before lol it will smell just like your in the tank

Sandlord

Reaction score
My plumbing looks a little different but I occasionally pour some liquid Blue toilet chem in each of the sinks and in the shower.
Then, before I start rolling I run some water in every drain to make sure the trap is full. I also close the sink drain and put a rubber mat over the shower drain.
The only time I get oder is when someone flushes while I’m driving with a full black tank.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m thinking, If you cap off those vents the sink drain lines wouldn’t drain in to the grey tank.

Used to have the issues using the mohome in glamis and driving home. Would smell of 7 days black tank brew once we started on the highway.

I put one of those fins that spin in the direction you are driving on the vent tube that sticks out on the roof and replaced the toilet seal. Not sure what one worked but no more smell.

The weird part was. It never smelled in the back only up front.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
This will fix it. Use Happy Camper in BOTH the grey tank, as well as the black tank. Follow instructions EXACTLY, using HOT water in both works the best. I use the shower, and the toilet because of proximity. Also, sanitize fresh water tank - bleach with fill up, drain, fill up with fresh, and drain. I have a 2021 MH - started to get smells within the first 3 months - was ready to sell at a loss to get rid of problem. Went the above route, smells like a new camper at all times, under all conditions, and temps - this is one of the few products i've ever purchased that works BETTER than advertised - hope i fixed your troubles

River Runnin

Reaction score
Quit farting for shit sakes! And Happy camper will make you happy!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This will fix it. Use Happy Camper in BOTH the grey tank, as well as the black tank. Follow instructions EXACTLY, using HOT water in both works the best. I use the shower, and the toilet because of proximity. Also, sanitize fresh water tank - bleach with fill up, drain, fill up with fresh, and drain. I have a 2021 MH - started to get smells within the first 3 months - was ready to sell at a loss to get rid of problem. Went the above route, smells like a new camper at all times, under all conditions, and temps - this is one of the few products i've ever purchased that works BETTER than advertised - hope i fixed your troubles
I have been very happy after finding Happy Camper, and I drop some monsters in the morning, never had any issues since we changed over to Happy Camper.

DLC

Reaction score
Try not crapping in the sink!

actually grey water stinks more than the black does

try this or Google it. Replace your air admittance valve with a studor valve /vent

99B3B7FD-0634-4075-A60F-40D8614A7BF2.jpeg

LazyLavey

Reaction score
try this or Google it. Replace your air admittance valve with a studor valve /vent

View attachment 1070399
Do these work better than the standard black vents?

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I think so, I read it on IRV2, so it has to be true!

It’s worth a try less than $20 bucks!