WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AT&T not working in Havasu right now

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In case you are wondering why you can’t get ahold of someone or why you are having problems.. no voice calls no nada..

I’m only able to post this because I’m hooked to my office wifi downstairs while my kid is getting a hair cut.

RD

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In case you are wondering why you can’t get ahold of someone or why you are having problems.. no voice calls no nada..

I’m only able to post this because I’m hooked to my office wifi downstairs while my kid is getting a hair cut.

RD
Mine is working.
Turned off wifi to check it.
Calls, internet, texting. No problem.
I posted this with 3 bars LTE and wifi off.

RichL

Reaction score
FWIW I haven't been able to access their website for the last 2 days from here. Been battling them regarding billing issues.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
FWIW I haven't been able to access their website for the last 2 days from here. Been battling them regarding billing issues.
Huh, weird.
I just logged on to ATT to check. Went to billing and options, no glitches at all.
North side.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
My AT&T coverage has been garbage over the last year in Havasu.

I'm hoping a new phone will fix it.

This isn't giving me a lot of hope...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What are to guys doing wrong?
I’ve never so much as even dropped a call here in 4 years.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mine is working.
Turned off wifi to check it.
Calls, internet, texting. No problem.
I posted this with 3 bars LTE and wifi off.

Weird.. mine isn’t working / wife’s isn’t / barbershop phones are locked up and not working.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Been on ours all day in the center of Havasu and zero issues. Haven’t been off these phones since 6:00am and not one problem.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I shut my wifi off and still have perfect ATT coverage.
Is it just south side affected?
I’m not in town right now but in my house off Jamaica I never have any service it can have full bar LTE whatever… it’ll never work unless it’s on Wi-Fi calling. I cannot send text messages out if people are not iMessage capable. There are also a few other pockets in town that are like this constantly for me, Dave’s office is one of them. My Verizon phone I have no issue with it’s only my AT&T one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Been on ours all day in the center of Havasu and zero issues. Haven’t been off these phones since 6:00am and not one problem.

Bizarre.. a lot of people have had issues today.. you can talk for 10-30 seconds and it hangs up. If they call you back it answers and goes on zeroes. Phone does a ring tone immediately after hanging up. Been crazy town all day.

Very frustrating

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Was just at Barley’s.
Not a lick of service. It’s definitely pockets.
Had 3 bars LTE and zero actual service.

Dalton

Reaction score
Sometimes 4g works better in havasu than LTE

DaveH

Reaction score
I’m not in town right now but in my house off Jamaica I never have any service it can have full bar LTE whatever… it’ll never work unless it’s on Wi-Fi calling. I cannot send text messages out if people are not iMessage capable. There are also a few other pockets in town that are like this constantly for me, Dave’s office is one of them. My Verizon phone I have no issue with it’s only my AT&T one.
when you have "full bars" but no service it means the network is congested with traffic.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Bizarre.. a lot of people have had issues today.. you can talk for 10-30 seconds and it hangs up. If they call you back it answers and goes on zeroes. Phone does a ring tone immediately after hanging up. Been crazy town all day.

Very frustrating
I ended up having zero service in the channel and by the skate park. Exactly the same as you’re describing. But service was just fine at McCullough and acoma area just up the road from you.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
when you have "full bars" but no service it means the network is congested with traffic.
In 3 years it’s never…ever worked. Ever. That’s not congestion. Uber drivers etc have to “log” that we got in etc about 3/4 if a mile down the road..

MooreMoney

Reaction score
When I as in town last week my phone wouldn't work when I had full bars of reception. I power cycled my phone a couple times thinking it was my iphone but it kept happening.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The main reason I went with Verizon is that I have service all the way to the river and when I'm out there.

That did Not happy with any other network. Ive tried them all.

Verizon is expensive, but worth it.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The only thing I notice with Verizon is with all the dead spots you go through sometimes when you get back into real coverage for more than that little tiny one bar) the phone gets stupid and won’t pass data.

I just put it into and take it out of airplane mode and it resets its network connections to the cell towers and starts working.

Also I have to put it in airplane mode at night because it drains the battery trying to find cell coverage at night (down in the springs where it’s already marginal).

We put a cell booster in at the springs. Kinda better for phone calls but not data. Thankfully for data we have Starlink.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I'm on att. Problems all day driving from phx to Santa ana. Seems to work here in sna.

DaveH

Reaction score
In 3 years it’s never…ever worked. Ever. That’s not congestion. Uber drivers etc have to “log” that we got in etc about 3/4 if a mile down the road..
you have no clue what you are talking about.

i spent 22 years in cell phone network and engineering for one of the "big ones".

while congestion is a HUGE issue for areas like havasu, (its not realistic to build a network to support traffic the goes up 10x on the weekends) there are other issues.

the biggest one is how the cell sites get the bandwidth to the cell tower. none of the wireless carriers have a traditional land line presence in Havasu. So how do they get your traffic into the core network? they are forced to use Havasu's premier networking company.........Frontier. So when the crappy Frontier network has issues....it spills over to the cell network. this limits the cell's ability to carry traffic, even though you see the RF footprint or bars on your phone.

so bash the wireless companies all you want but you have to understand that there is a MOUNTAIN more to it then the little bars on your phone. BTW those bars dont even present data in real time...........

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I stand corrected, I have phenomenal service at the house seven days a week, and a mountain of Uber drivers have never had an issue trying to start the trip from the house…I must completely be wrong. 🙄

There are well known constant dead zones in town…that never change whether town is empty or packed.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

i spent 22 years in cell phone network and engineering for one of the "big ones".

while congestion is a HUGE issue for areas like havasu, (its not realistic to build a network to support traffic the goes up 10x on the weekends) there are other issues.

the biggest one is how the cell sites get the bandwidth to the cell tower. none of the wireless carriers have a traditional land line presence in Havasu. So how do they get your traffic into the core network? they are forced to use Havasu's premier networking company.........Frontier. So when the crappy Frontier network has issues....it spills over to the cell network. this limits the cell's ability to carry traffic, even though you see the RF footprint or bars on your phone.

so bash the wireless companies all you want but you have to understand that there is a MOUNTAIN more to it then the little bars on your phone. BTW those bars dont even present data in real time...........

AT&T full bars in the middle of downtown.. no data works…. EVER.

Been that way since I moved here 11 years ago. I have every wifi to every restaurant and bar in town on my phone. Only that way from Acoma through main st. Once above or below it works fine again.

dspracing

Reaction score

I wonder if the new Allo fiber network will be able to help this situation?

DaveH

Reaction score
AT&T full bars in the middle of downtown.. no data works…. EVER.

Been that way since I moved here 11 years ago. I have every wifi to every restaurant and bar in town on my phone. Only that way from Acoma through main st. Once above or below it works fine again.
couple of potential things here.

first, understand that the tower transmits to a mobile device at higher power levels then what a phone is capable of. Meaning your phone can "hear" the tower.....but you dont have enough transmit power to get back to the tower...... especially when inside a cinder block or metal building.

traffic congestion can cause this......data requires much more tower capacity......thats why there are instances where you can send a text or even a voice call but internet access is very slow or non-existent.

another problem is these cell boosters people use. they think they are getting better reception, but in reality the booster cranks up the power and literally drowns out everyone else. these boosters are designed to be used in very remote areas a long ways from the tower but people stick them up all over the place. the booster in a congested area just raises the RF noise floor to where your mobile cant get back to the tower. think of it like a bunch of people in a room having conversations but one guy has a bull horn and just drowns everyone out and nobody can hear a thing except that one guy.

and yeah....the landline network backhauling the mobile traffic from the cell site is crtical.....and the Frontier network is ancient and poorly maintained.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
couple of potential things here.

first, understand that the tower transmits to a mobile device at higher power levels then what a phone is capable of. Meaning your phone can "hear" the tower.....but you dont have enough transmit power to get back to the tower...... especially when inside a cinder block or metal building.

traffic congestion can cause this......data requires much more tower capacity......thats why there are instances where you can send a text or even a voice call but internet access is very slow or non-existent.

another problem is these cell boosters people use. they think they are getting better reception, but in reality the booster cranks up the power and literally drowns out everyone else. these boosters are designed to be used in very remote areas a long ways from the tower but people stick them up all over the place. the booster in a congested area just raises the RF noise floor to where your mobile cant get back to the tower. think of it like a bunch of people in a room having conversations but one guy has a bull horn and just drowns everyone out and nobody can hear a thing except that one guy.

and yeah....the landline network backhauling the mobile traffic from the cell site is crtical.....and the Frontier network is ancient and poorly maintained.

Couldn’t tell ya why.. I can just tell ya in downtown havasu my phone has no data.. doesn’t matter if it’s on a weekend or weekday or morning or night etc.. lol.

I just got all the wifi hooked up from various businesses as a work around.