WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Atomic Buffalo Turds With A Little Wang

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I decided to do some smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers yesterday and bought a couple of hatch chilis to give them a shot.
Since those are wider and flatter than the jalapenos I cut the hatch chili into 3 pieces and then did a couple flat, filled it with vegetable cream cheese and wrapped it with bacon to hold it together. I also did another couple where I cut the chili in the middle so the natural folds were in place to fill with the cheese, and I wrapped them with bacon. I put them on the Traeger at 375 for about 30 minutes.

I wasn't sure how hot they'd be as I took a little nibble of the raw hatch chili and it was pretty damn hot, it gave me the hiccups, but once they were cooked they mellowed out - you could actually taste the chili pepper without the spice......until you swallowed it, then you get a nice little afterburn. They were pretty tasty, I should have done more, but I did suffer a dose of heartburn last night - nothing a couple of scoops of mint chocolate chip couldn't take care of. I thought about taking a few pics, but they looked just like the jalapeno ones.

If I could only I could get a little bit more spice and pepper flavor from the jalapeno poppers, but maybe half the spice of the hatch poppers I'd really have something there.

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
For the Phoenix metro faithful, Hatch chilies are synonymous with one place... Los Dos Molinos! Glad you found your way onto some for your cooking adventures!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Here’s a couple of representative pics for those that requested them.
B7872CE4-BAE4-4E88-9210-9A7762F23085.jpeg
391F3901-8020-4EEA-9869-46D45B721E04.jpeg

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Those look great, I would for sure get heartburn but it would be worth it.