Attitude Toy Haulers

RP1

Reaction score
Does anyone have a connection?

Thanks,
RP

beerrun

Reaction score
We ordered ours through Coyne motorsports it delivers on Monday the 23rd we got the 32gsg and Coyne took good care of us

CLdrinker

Reaction score
As some of you know I have been doing allot of shopping for toy haulers.

Here is a question I have.
If Attitude is so good

If Genesis is so good (I’m still considering it)

Why don’t they offer 3yr structure warranty’s?

Heartland
Keystone
Dutchmen

All have 3yr structure warranty.

Right now im leaning Dutchmen.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Structures rarely fail on Toy Haulers in the first 3 years. I wouldn’t use that as a reason to buy a certain brand or not.

sczagurs

Reaction score
If covid pricing wasn’t so crazy I would own a Grand Designs Momentum 398M. 18’ garage, my car would fit with room to spare. Not sure how big your planning on going. I spent a lot of
time looking and every attitude I looked At looked thrown together. Opened up the island and it fell out and the drawers dropped onto the floor. Every genesis I looked at their fit and finish was night and day in comparison. Sure there were some things I thought sucked but for the same price my money would be with genesis. Make sure the fridge is dual fuel.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If covid pricing wasn’t so crazy I would own a Grand Designs Momentum 398M.
My RV Guy is telling me prices will be 20%-30% higher next year. With the way Washington DC is printing money like drunken sailors I doubt you will ever see prices go back down to Pre Covid levels unless the whole economy goes into a depression.

beerrun

Reaction score
We pick up our new attitude next week i will post pictures first trip is to morro bay for labor day

Mikes56

Reaction score
I have the Genesis 40CR and it’s been great. They were great to deal with when one of my chairs had a cut in it from shipping. They gave me two new ones so they matched. Shipped to my house for free.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Structures rarely fail on Toy Haulers in the first 3 years. I wouldn’t use that as a reason to buy a certain brand or not.

That very well could be.

But if that was truly the case you only support my argument of why don’t they offer it then? Sounds like they have nothing to loose right? Sure would be a great marketing tool that would cost them zero.

Yet they don’t do it. In my opinion there is a reason for that.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My RV Guy is telling me prices will be 20%-30% higher next year. With the way Washington DC is printing money like drunken sailors I doubt you will ever see prices go back down to Pre Covid levels unless the whole economy goes into a depression.
I have been finding some good deals. Mike Thompson will sell a Keystone Impact 367 for $69,000.
We wanted that trailer badly and offered $69,000 when they were asking $85,000. They literally laughed us off the lot.
2 weeks later they call me begging me to come buy it for $69,000.
So I searched around to see why they dropped the price and stumbled upon a floor plan that I hadn’t seen by another manufacturer. It checks every box we have except it don’t have the 4 door fridge. And this trailer is only $62,000 lol. We are going next weekend to check it out.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
We ordered ours through Coyne motorsports it delivers on Monday the 23rd we got the 32gsg and Coyne took good care of us
how did they "take good care" of you? you haven't even got the trailer yet. I get that you're stoked you're getting a trailer but wait until after you've had it for bit or a couple trips before declairing how good you got it lol.. then you will know with out the stars in the eyes honeymoon phase clouding judgement....as much. Not trying to bash you and i hope you end up truely stoked on your purchase.

propcheck

Reaction score
If you value the warranty I would talk to people who have actually tried to use an RV warranty and see if it was worth it. Most people will tell you rv service centers are less than stellar on warranty work.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
how did they "take good care" of you? you haven't even got the trailer yet. I get that you're stoked you're getting a trailer but wait until after you've had it for bit or a couple trips before declairing how good you got it lol.. then you will know with out the stars in the eyes honeymoon phase clouding judgement....as much. Not trying to bash you and i hope you end up truely stoked on your purchase.
This is true. Giant RV treated me like king big dick during the purchase. After the sell I was a $2 hooker on Friday night. Owned the trailer for 1.5yrs. Was at giant 4 months.

Wonder where Coyne sends their warranty work.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
That very well could be.

But if that was truly the case you only support my argument of why don’t they offer it then? Sounds like they have nothing to loose right? Sure would be a great marketing tool that would cost them zero.

Yet they don’t do it. In my opinion there is a reason for that.
Most smaller companies don’t offer it as for one they don’t build their own chassis. Companies like Genesis and Attitude subcontract their frames from Lippert which only warranties their frames for 1 year. I just had my dealer throw in a 7 year extended warranty into my deal so I can sleep at night. Seriously though 99% of any flaw in a Toyhauler is going to be found in the 1st year anyways. There is just not that many moving parts in them unlike a Class A, B, or C Motorhome.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I liked the Attitudes and planned on buying one...until I walked into a Genesis. They all have issues and shortcuts, but the Genesis just was better all around. So far, we love it, great rig. Get what you like and use it!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Most smaller companies don’t offer it as for one they don’t build their own chassis. Companies like Genesis and Attitude subcontract their frames from Lippert which only warranties their frames for 1 year. I just had my dealer throw in a 7 year extended warranty into my deal so I can sleep at night. Seriously though 99% of any flaw in a Toyhauler is going to be found in the 1st year anyways. There is just not that many moving parts in them unlike a Class A, B, or C Motorhome.
I think everyone uses Lippert. Besides the structure warranty covers more than the frame. It covers walls and floor as well.

The Dutchmen
Has 18yr roof warranty
5yr graphics warranty
3yr structure warranty
1yr everything warranty
Every unit is PDI’d before it leaves the factory
( most everyone else does this at the dealer)
They are all rain tested.

Now I’m not saying Dutchmen is the best because they are not. Just using as an example.

My main point is It’s odd how manufacturers that are so popular have such crap warranty’s.

If lippert is the reason a better warranty isn’t offered. That says a ton about Lippert. They are a massive company and building frames is one of their biggest products. If they can’t stand by their frames that have so few moving parts, shouldn’t we be running away from anything Lippert?

For what it’s worth I’m not trying to argue, just have a discussion.
I also think Genesis is a well built RV.

Attitude makes a great looking trailer and they have the best outdoor lighting. I hope the member here thst just bought one has no problems.

Last edited:

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
My experience with paying for the warranty on an RV other than a diesel pusher was a waste of money. Most toy haulers and RV's are thrown together and are junk. If you need warranty work it involves haggling with the dealer and manufacturer to get it covered, then dropping off the RV for service and not seeing it again for 3 months or more. If you are somewhat mechanical you can fix 90% of the issues that come up within the warranty coverage period anyways.

Dettom

Reaction score
I have an Attitude 26’ FSG. I’ve been all over the country with it. It’s a 2015. I’ve had a seriously deteriorating rear door, which Attitude kindly replaced. It was from riding my Harley up into it. I reinforced the new door with a sheet of 001 aluminum diamond plate 18” wide, where I run the Harley up. Problem solved.
The other major problem was a cracked frame above the axles that was about 3’ in length on both sides. I noticed this while up in a campground in Kalispell Montana. It was a serious crack, which you could see daylight through. Luckily, I found a guy in town who came out, plated it and welded it up. I knew better than to go to an RV place because it would be months before they got to it and I was so far from home, if they agreed to do it at all.
Ive only had a few other minor issues with it, which is no big deal.
But understand this: most toyhaulers and such are made to go the beach or Glamis for a weekend and they dont typically lend themselves to cross country travel so problems will occur. Secondly, many of these builders seem to have zero quality control. They just get it out the door. Third, most dealers don’t give a shit about you once you leave the lot with your new RV. They got your money and have no use for you after that.
Anytime I needed to fix something, I got on YouTube and figured it out. Would I buy another Attitude or Eclipse product? Negative. In the future, I’ll look at Genesis or Grand Design. But my needs may change and I’ll have to be open minded. Pictured, is my door fix and cracked frame before welding.
EA81507F-6436-46D1-BF1E-1FD4D5CCF504.jpeg
311BC2E0-0235-40AB-B8D2-2DA95245701E.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
My experience with paying for the warranty on an RV other than a diesel pusher was a waste of money. Most toy haulers and RV's are thrown together and are junk. If you need warranty work it involves haggling with the dealer and manufacturer to get it covered, then dropping off the RV for service and not seeing it again for 3 months or more. If you are somewhat mechanical you can fix 90% of the issues that come up within the warranty coverage period anyways.

100% accurate. Friends first trailer was in the shop 10 out of the 24 months they owned it.
They traded it in, when the dealer could not solve the auto leveling issue. Jacks would loss pressure and the trailer would fall out of level and even worse, they could not hitch up and leave (heavy duty tow truck each time this occurred). Everything was replaced twice and when it broke again, it did not leave the lot.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I have thought about buying the extended warranty. But getting anything covered is like pulling teeth.
I’m think just to use the money that the warranty would cost and use that for anything major that comes up and take it to an independent repair facility so they don’t sit on it for months.

Boat 405

Reaction score
After buying a brand new Attitude trailer. I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. SO glad that I sold it last year. My couch fell out of the wall by the time I got it home from the factory to San Diego. about 100 miles. Had water leaks for days on the internal plumbing, had roof leaks, they didn't seal the side door to the body so when it rained the first time it poured water inside the trailer. To cut holes in the things to run wires they just smash a hole in things with the back side of a hammer. The black tank stunk to hell at half full. I could never really drain the black tanks correctly, always had to flush the shit out of them. Literally... The bushing in the spring shackles on the suspension wear out in less than 5000 miles. The ducted air conditioning is so restrictive that it doesn't work and froze up the unit. Had to run it on the open setting instead of through the ducting to actually work. The rear door had a giant bubble in the skin that developed about a month after owning it. The warranty is a joke. They are not open on weekends so I would have to take a 2 full days off work to deal with it. 2 hours to drive it to the factory spend and 1 hour going over the problem and waiting for the SA. Then drive home 2 hours. Then do the same on the return to pick it up. 10 hours wasted. So I just ended up fixing everything myself. No local dealers or other RV shops will honor their warranty.

Talk about a total shit show.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
After buying a brand new Attitude trailer. I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. SO glad that I sold it last year. My couch fell out of the wall by the time I got it home from the factory to San Diego. about 100 miles. Had water leaks for days on the internal plumbing, had roof leaks, they didn't seal the side door to the body so when it rained the first time it poured water inside the trailer. To cut holes in the things to run wires they just smash a hole in things with the back side of a hammer. The black tank stunk to hell at half full. I could never really drain the black tanks correctly, always had to flush the shit out of them. Literally... The bushing in the spring shackles on the suspension wear out in less than 5000 miles. The ducted air conditioning is so restrictive that it doesn't work and froze up the unit. Had to run it on the open setting instead of through the ducting to actually work. The rear door had a giant bubble in the skin that developed about a month after owning it. The warranty is a joke. They are not open on weekends so I would have to take a 2 full days off work to deal with it. 2 hours to drive it to the factory spend and 1 hour going over the problem and waiting for the SA. Then drive home 2 hours. Then do the same on the return to pick it up. 10 hours wasted. So I just ended up fixing everything myself. No local dealers or other RV shops will honor their warranty.

Not the first time I have heard this.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Right. I only got the extended warranty to cover any big money repairs that I can't or won't do myself. Mine has Auto Levelers so when one of those shit the bed it's an $800 replacement cost (each). My last Toyhauler had a delamination on one of the exterior sidewall panels that was covered under manufacturers warranty. If I had to get that fixed out of pocket the bill was close to $10K and that was in 2007 dollars. :eek: If you can get a dealer to throw in an extended warranty at no cost you would be dumb not to take it! You never know, even the best RV's are JUNK!!!

beerrun

Reaction score
Coyne has bent over backwards to get us a trailer and at a price far lower then giant RV we understand Coyne probably will not be doing the warranty work but I know I can call them and they will do what it takes to get it done. The Coyne family are good people and we are happy we went with them

badgas

Reaction score
Extended Warranty = Waste of money and time.

They will fight you to cover anything. The extended warranty is HIGHLY profitable add on for the dealer and the warranty company. It is mainly commission and has very little money (I think like 12% is the actuarial value ) for the policy itself.

I have purchased two in my life and have been screwed both times. One was fried transmission on a RZR 800 that they said was not serviced properly and the servicing Polaris dealer Hahm motorsports had closed up so the 3rd party warranty co. would not cover the cost. After months of fighting and letters etc I got Polaris to cover the parts it was a nightmare waste of time.

The 2nd time was on my last Motorhome. I had an electrical fire when running the genny. A 110 connector fried somewhere and started a fire. They covered nothing " We cover the electical systems and wiring but not the conections " what a joke. Also had one of the roof A/Cs stop cooling and becasue the coach was "cool enough" for them being tested in Anaheim in the winter not in Glamis in September they would not fix.

Never ever again will I take that bait. remeber they are in the business of profits and consumer is not winning with these garbage warranties.

Ok rant over back to Attitude Toy Haulers

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Coyne has bent over backwards to get us a trailer and at a price far lower then giant RV we understand Coyne probably will not be doing the warranty work but I know I can call them and they will do what it takes to get it done. The Coyne family are good people and we are happy we went with them
The Coyne family are good people but they have no control over Attitude's shitty warrantee work where it actually occurs at all. there are two types of attitude owners. those purpetually waiting for warrantee work to be done correctly and those that just figure out how to fix shit themselves and move on. as for gaint rv i wouldn't let those cocksuckers put air in my tire let alone buy something from them. i've owned an attidue before. i now own a genisis and they are not really all that much better. but i bought it knowing damned well what i was getting into. dont even get me started on lippert. good luck.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head here!! Biggest waste of money ever, and most issues can be fixed with a little thought mechanical knowledge.

Meaney77

Reaction score

I think this is all trailers...They all look like they are slapped together after a Friday Happy Hour.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Our Vortex has been pretty good. Have had small issues, shower drain pipe needed re-sealed, re tighten the main water lines to the shower regulator. The shower door latch broke and causing the shower doors to slide open and closed and broke some other parts (geneses sent us a shower door kits to replace all parts).

All items that I can take care of so far...... Other than that its been pretty good, only have had it about a yr and was new.

Yes the wiring behind panels suck and good luck finding something, but they are all like that....

Joepump

Reaction score
Attitude has to be one of the worst trailers. In the shop after every trip. Lucky if it gets used once a month. Nothing is screwed into backing. Electrical problems. Auto levelers. TV and audio. Nothing work right. If it’s a tow behind, count on it swaying side to side no mater how it’s loaded. They’re warranty is 👎👎👎👎👎👎.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Attitude has to be one of the worst trailers. In the shop after every trip. Lucky if it gets used once a month. Nothing is screwed into backing. Electrical problems. Auto levelers. TV and audio. Nothing work right. If it’s a tow behind, count on it swaying side to side no mater how it’s loaded. They’re warranty is 👎👎👎👎👎👎.
Friend of mine has a 32GSG triple axle. He has tried 3 different hitches and that bitch is still all over.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I bought a new Attitude 28SAG (32 ft.) 5th wheel in 2019 from a dealer in CO. and had it delivered to AZ. sight unseen (I know, stupid lol).
Had dealer (Holiday RV South) send detailed pics but he conveniently shot around the scratches in the "upgraded'" cabinet doors they ordered and installed. Still haven't figured out what that was all about but they did order some cabinet doors and a light bar above the entry door that went bad and had them delivered to Cactus here in Havasu but I wasn't going to leave my trailer there. Cactus was nice enough to unlock their door while they were vacating the building and go through piles of boxes and find my stuff and give it to me to install. As pictured in a previous post these trailers are assembled by SAVAGES lol, where a hole saw could be used, a hammer is used to gain entry to adjoining compartments for wire pass through. They must dump multiple style screws into a bucket (square, two square, Philips and torx), grab a hand full and go, no rhyme or reason to their placement. Structurally no issues yet but keeping an eye on things. If you buy/own any brand and can't make repairs yourself I think you are in for disappointment and months long waits for dealer repairs.

KK12

Reaction score

I’ve got a ‘17 Attitude 28ibg that I bought new in ‘16 from giant. Other than some minor issues with the monitoring system, it’s been a decent trailer for me (knock on wood). Granted, they did a piss poor job putting it together. Looking under the sink how everything was installed and how wires were ran show how little they give a shit about quality control. Massive holes for a 1” line, etc. But for the most part I can’t complain too much as it’s been a good trailer. It tows great as well. That being said, I wouldn’t buy another attitude. And I sure as hell will not buy the extended warranty. Giant rv’s service department is a joke.

napaman

Reaction score
Just wanted to give my input on Attitude, I bought a new 2018 36ft. fifth wheel, after only 14 months I had a huge marsh mellow on top of my roof going down the road, long story short where the roof was cut for hole on front vent it was cut to short and the staples didnt even hit material, sent pictures and estimate from local rv dealer and they denied any warranty saying it was to far out of warranty, so I had to pay for it and why it was there the dealer resealed the whole trailer no windows or anything outside was sealed. Attitude said they dont seal them because they are made in California. 6 months later the stove fell out, the end counter that was holding up stove had staples going into thin plywood, rebuilt myself, after about two years tires started wearing badly on both inside and out, found that shackles were shot already, the shackles they use for this size trailer were the size of shackles on a 18 foot trailer so once again I rebuilt suspension with much heavier. Having a issue with saw dust in outside storage every trip we take and have not found this issue yet. We looked at Gensis when we purchased wish I would have went with them. I know they all have there issues but this one has had many and they do not stand behind them. Im lucky that I own a Auto and Marine repair shop so I was able to repair most everything my self would have cost a fortune for a normal buyer.

hallett21

Reaction score
What’s the price difference on a 30-36 ft genesis (or equivalent) vs a full blown custom ground up trailer? Figure same appliances, toilets etc just custom build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk