WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attitude Toy Haulers

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I was 8 months last yr for our Vortex build.....
Genesis builds their trailers in large lot batches of a certain model. (I’m sure most manufacturers follow this process) So depending on when you order and when they are going to build that model again can sometimes leave you waiting a while. I ordered a 3817V in March and picked it up in May. I just got lucky they were going to build that model soon after my order

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
On my new Genesis, I had a few issues right out of the gate, fridge died first trip out and had an issue with a shower door. The dealer service departement was months out getting us in, I called Genesis and they told me if I wanted to fix the issues myself, they would send me the parts direct. That works. They send me an enire shower door kit and the replacement circit board for the fridge. I had everything fixed same day the parts arrived. If you own a RV, and are handy, you will be ok. If you are the type of owner that has to go to the dealer for everything, you won't have a good experience. When I called the factory to figure out the fridge and shower door deal, I was surprised they would just send the parts out to me. The rep said after talking to me for 5 minutes, he knew I would be capable of repairing the items. He said many calls they get, they know the end user just isn't capable and can tell by just talking to them or what they are complaining about. I'm sure they deal with a ton if calls, most just bitching. Not a perfect situation, but it you want to play, you have to make things happen.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Genesis builds their trailers in large lot batches of a certain model. (I’m sure most manufacturers follow this process) So depending on when you order and when they are going to build that model again can sometimes leave you waiting a while. I ordered a 3817V in March and picked it up in May. I just got lucky they were going to build that model soon after my order

We built the same model 3817 right in the beginning months of covid last yr...... Delays weren't huge but product was getting harder to get and equipment had to be sourced... AC's were hard to get, res fridge hard to get, needed to upgrade to 7k gen due to ac's in the middle of build...

Its crazy that these things have a 2 day build time once the model hits the assembly line.

beerrun

Reaction score
They just pushed back to October now yesterday was two weeks

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
I did see a newer attitude on camp rock road last year with the hitch ripped clean off it. So double check that for sure especially if you plan on any desert trips.

KK12

Reaction score
Just wanted to give my input on Attitude, I bought a new 2018 36ft. fifth wheel, after only 14 months I had a huge marsh mellow on top of my roof going down the road, long story short where the roof was cut for hole on front vent it was cut to short and the staples didnt even hit material, sent pictures and estimate from local rv dealer and they denied any warranty saying it was to far out of warranty, so I had to pay for it and why it was there the dealer resealed the whole trailer no windows or anything outside was sealed. Attitude said they dont seal them because they are made in California. 6 months later the stove fell out, the end counter that was holding up stove had staples going into thin plywood, rebuilt myself, after about two years tires started wearing badly on both inside and out, found that shackles were shot already, the shackles they use for this size trailer were the size of shackles on a 18 foot trailer so once again I rebuilt suspension with much heavier. Having a issue with saw dust in outside storage every trip we take and have not found this issue yet. We looked at Gensis when we purchased wish I would have went with them. I know they all have there issues but this one has had many and they do not stand behind them. Im lucky that I own a Auto and Marine repair shop so I was able to repair most everything my self would have cost a fortune for a normal buyer.
Damn! I’m definitely gonna give mine another once over when I take it home from Parker next month. I was pissed off at the extremely minor shit I was complaining about the first two years I owned it. Showed my wife your post so she’d quit sweating the small stuff as well. I’d say I got lucky with mine but for what we are paying for these things and the issues we have, I want the ceo to get a swift pimp kick to the throat.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I had a 2014 Attitude 31crsg. For the most part I only had minor issues with it. Picked up a Genisis 37gsxl last year and the main slide started binding the 4th trip out. It sat in the shop for 3 months with them fucking around..Finally picked it up and it still wasnt working right. Ended up fixing it myself. The fit and finish on the Genesis is better than my old Attitude but they are all shitboxes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
As some of you know I have been doing allot of shopping for toy haulers.

Here is a question I have.
If Attitude is so good

If Genesis is so good (I’m still considering it)

Why don’t they offer 3yr structure warranty’s?

Heartland
Keystone
Dutchmen

All have 3yr structure warranty.

Right now im leaning Dutchmen.

1/2 the parts at Autozone carry a lifetime warranty and they’re garbage. Dealer parts typically carry a 12 month warranty and they’re as good as it gets.

Look at build quality rather than warranty.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
1/2 the parts at Autozone carry a lifetime warranty and they’re garbage. Dealer parts typically carry a 12 month warranty and they’re as good as it gets.

Look at build quality rather than warranty.

Well that’s obvious. Have you been RV shopping recently? How do you feel Eclipse compares to Heartland, Keystone, and Dutchmen?

How do you think Genesis compares?

In my opinion Eclipse isnt what it’s cracked up to be. And after talking with more than one salesman that had them on their lot. No thanks.

Genesis is a nice unit and I would own one. Their cabinetsand hardware dont seem as sturdy as the others. But not bad. They are at the higher end of the price points

They floors in the the other 3 seem more solid fir sure. Heartland has 5k tie downs welded to the chassis. Cabinets seem much better in these units some have painted front caps. Allot of them have steel braces under the holding tanks. They are priced about like the Genesis but have better warranty’s.

Now to be fair. These 3 usually dont
Come with inverters or solar although they are prepped.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Well that’s obvious. Have you been RV shopping recently? How do you feel Eclipse compares to Heartland, Keystone, and Dutchmen?

In my opinion Eclipse isnt what it’s cracked up to be. And after talking with more than one salesman that had them on their lot. No thanks.

Genesis is a nice unit and I would own one. Their cabinetsand hardware dont seem as sturdy as the others. But not bad. They are at the higher end of the price points

They floors in the the other 3 seem more solid fir sure. Heartland has 5k tie downs welded to the chassis. Cabinets seem much better in these units some have painted front caps. Allot of them have steel braces under the holding tanks. They are priced about like the Genesis but have better warranty’s.

No, and I likely won’t ever shop for a new RV. They’re all garden sheds on a poorly welded frame. Some have nicer stuff inside than others, but they’re all pieces of shit.

Plan on constantly repairing an RV.

My point was, the warranty shouldn’t matter.

I’d probably hook up 3 of them that I was interested in and drag them around the so called roads of Long Beach for an hour and then buy the one that had the least amount of shit fall off.

Singleton

Reaction score
No, and I likely won’t ever shop for a new RV. They’re all garden sheds on a poorly welded frame. Some have nicer stuff inside than others, but they’re all pieces of shit.

I’d probably hook up 3 of them that I was interested in and drag them around the so called roads of Long Beach for an hour and then buy the one that had the least amount of shit fall off.

When I upgrade my ToyHauler, I am only calling three places (Ultra SanTek, Dune Sports and ATC). They will be more commercial inside (not as plush inside), but build quality is higher (as is price), but I want a trailer that works.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
When I upgrade my ToyHauler, I am only calling three places (Ultra SanTek, Dune Sports and ATC). They will be more commercial inside (not as plush inside), but build quality is higher (as is price), but I want a trailer that works.
ATC is the shit. But would cost close to what I paid for my house lol!

CLdrinker

Reaction score

So you know they fall apart but don’t care about the warranty. Got it.

Most of them make warranty claims a pain, but it’s better to have something than nothing.

Aldo if you are willing to put a longer warranty on your product you probably have more confidence in what your building.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

With wanting a larger 5er now, you need to look at weight. You are going to be limited on the trailer with the F-250.

My 08 Cyclone 4012 was a heavy beast. I bought it used around 2011. No major issues, not sure how it was used before me cause the appliance were not used and neither was the gen very much (maybe 10hrs).

Issues I had was the fridge, never really got cold cold, due to the fridge being installed on the slide and couldn't get good air flow on the fins. I did all the tricks and it helped, but still wouldn't keep ice cream frozen hard in the summer.
The Gen was always gummed up (not the trailer mfg fault)
A couple of leaks
Replaced the water pump
Had a soft spot on the floor before the going to the garage

Took every bit of my 08 F-450 to tow it...

Interior is better on garage models vs the open floor plan. That is what I miss with ours if comparing the 2. Other than that, pretty happy with our Vortex.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
They are all made like shit. Some look nicer than others.

this is the truth. Your buying either cheap crap or expansive crap. But “quality” shouldn’t be used when referring to an RV. 😂😂 that said you will find lovers and haters of ALL brands. So pick the floor plan that works best for you. They are all essentially built with the same components (lci, furrion, Coleman, etc….)

genesis does have the reputation currently for the. Better build quality.

Singleton

Reaction score

I want the 5th wheel (model 4528). Hoping in 2-3 years I find one used that someone is looking to sell.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Most of them make warranty claims a pain, but it’s better to have something than nothing.

Aldo if you are willing to put a longer warranty on your product you probably have more confidence in what your building.

Or its just a sales strategy...... Zero to do with confidence in the product.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

An RV place built it…why would I want an RV place to fix it when it falls apart? I would just plan on fixing everything in a non RV-grade manner. So no, the warranty makes no difference. I’d prefer that they knocked some money off the top and gave me no warranty, as with most things I buy.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Or its just a sales strategy...... Zero to do with confidence in the product.
Hmm that’s weird. The attitude was more than the trailer he recommended.

Go join the Attitude and Eclipse groups on Facebook.
Also go try to deal with Kevin Flores the general manager. Let me know how that works out.

Sorry but when I look at their trailers on the sale floor with couches pulled from walls and broken slides and come back a month later and the trailer is still sitting like that I tend to draw conclusions.

They are all piles of shit just do your research.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My buddy just picked up a 40’ definitely a bad ass trailer. Worth the $$$ for sure.
456378C1-FBAA-4906-B7F8-CACA2BFE90AB.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Hmm that’s weird. The attitude was more than the trailer he recommended.

Go join the Attitude and Eclipse groups on Facebook.
Also go try to deal with Kevin Flores the general manager. Let me know how that works out.

Sorry but when I look at their trailers on the sale floor with couches pulled from walls and broken slides and come back a month later and the trailer is still sitting like that I tend to draw conclusions.

They are all piles of shit just do your research.
None of that has anything to do with manufacturer's confidence in their product. I've met some of the worst tradesmen that thought they were the shit and their product was the best when in fact it was horrible.

Quality and warranty dont always go hand in hand.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
this is the truth. Your buying either cheap crap or expansive crap. But “quality” shouldn’t be used when referring to an RV. 😂😂 that said you will find lovers and haters of ALL brands. So pick the floor plan that works best for you. They are all essentially built with the same components (lci, furrion, Coleman, etc….)

genesis does have the reputation currently for the. Better build quality.

They still use some of the same parts from the 80's 😁

beerrun

Reaction score
I will say you guys are scaring me a bit with all the stories about attitude but if they really are that Bad I wouldn't think they could stay in business

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My buddy just picked up a 40’ definitely a bad ass trailer. Worth the $$$ for sure.

how much was that like 130k?

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I will say you guys are scaring me a bit with all the stories about attitude but if they really are that Bad I wouldn't think they could stay in business
I wouldn’t panick. There have been people who have had good luck. I would buy an attitude before I ever buy another Forest River that’s for sure!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We are going to go look at this next Saturday.

Dettom

Reaction score
On my new Genesis, I had a few issues right out of the gate, fridge died first trip out and had an issue with a shower door. The dealer service departement was months out getting us in, I called Genesis and they told me if I wanted to fix the issues myself, they would send me the parts direct. That works. They send me an enire shower door kit and the replacement circit board for the fridge. I had everything fixed same day the parts arrived. If you own a RV, and are handy, you will be ok. If you are the type of owner that has to go to the dealer for everything, you won't have a good experience. When I called the factory to figure out the fridge and shower door deal, I was surprised they would just send the parts out to me. The rep said after talking to me for 5 minutes, he knew I would be capable of repairing the items. He said many calls they get, they know the end user just isn't capable and can tell by just talking to them or what they are complaining about. I'm sure they deal with a ton if calls, most just bitching. Not a perfect situation, but it you want to play, you have to make things happen.

you are more right than you know…

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have had 3 attitudes, this one is brand new but my other two I had zero problems.
A4F1E7AB-BCCE-4855-ADEA-C2234BE90B0B.jpeg

KK12

Reaction score

I have had very little issues with mine in the last 4 years from buying new

gqchris

Reaction score
Every time I get the dumb idea to purchase a rig I can always counts on these threads to remind me why I don't need one.

X2 sir. The squeeze isnt worth the juice!

I will add that I know the extended warranties are worthless, but when selling my rig last month, it sure made a difference in swaying the older folks who bought my rig. They loved it. I bought my class c for 49k 4 years ago, just sold for 69k. Covid gold!

Get415

Reaction score
We are going to go look at this next Saturday.

Post on your experience at Best Rv. Seem to have the best prices by far. Curious if they sell for listed prices or thats just to get you in the door.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Post on your experience at Best Rv. Seem to have the best prices by far. Curious if they sell for listed prices or thats just to get you in the door.
I have heard customer service sucks. I need to call Dutchmen and see if I can get warranty issues handled closer to home. Best RV is far away.
Richardson blew me off when I showed them this add. Said they couldn’t get that model.

Giant RV is texting me right now wanting me to come down. They didn’t consider my offer on a Torque about a month ago. Now that number seems great to them.
It’s not as much of a sellers market anymore.

boatnam2

Reaction score
X2 sir. The squeeze isnt worth the juice!

I will add that I know the extended warranties are worthless, but when selling my rig last month, it sure made a difference in swaying the older folks who bought my rig. They loved it. I bought my class c for 49k 4 years ago, just sold for 69k. Covid gold!
Fore sure! If i do loose my mind and buy one it will be after the Covid gold rush, if that never comes as many think then i will have to live with missing out on buying.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I have heard customer service sucks. I need to call Dutchmen and see if I can get warranty issues handled closer to home. Best RV is far away.
Richardson blew me off when I showed them this add. Said they couldn’t get that model.

Giant RV is texting me right now wanting me to come down. They didn’t consider my offer on a Torque about a month ago. Now that number seems great to them.
if i was in hell i wouldnt buy ice water from those cocksuckers. buyer beware

CLdrinker

Reaction score
to many horror stories to list. i have 4 friends that bought from them everyone of them was sorry. Riverbound to the courtesy phone!
Well they just called and as I was talking to them it doesn’t come with the generator for that price. What dicks. Ad says 5500 onan.

Found a decent deal on a 33CKXL Genesis

Edit not a good deal. No generator.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
there is one guy in the industry that seems to go out of his way for his customers even after the check clears. Jim Tuck in central CA https://www.epicrvliquidators.com/Inventory.aspx?wsid=250
Jim is the guy who got my Forest River out of Giant warranty wait hell! Didn’t even buy from Jim but he heard about my problem and called some dude at Forest River and got Giants nuts in a vice. Shit started happening after that. I would love to buy from Jim.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What’s the price difference on a 30-36 ft genesis (or equivalent) vs a full blown custom ground up trailer? Figure same appliances, toilets etc just custom build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably 30-40k at the minimum.

yz450mm

Reaction score

I had a couple of warranty issues with the voltage right after I got it, so I decided to try out the warranty to see how it would work. The dealer sent me a list of local repair shops and told me to pick one, then gave me the warranty email for Dutchman and said to have the vendor send them the bill and it would be paid directly by Dutchmen.

The factory shipped a couple of items that were missing directly to me, and I took care of the other little items myself.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rickym20

Reaction score
Not sure if any Dealers do this on the west coast but My sister and brother-in-law bought a Triton back East few years ago . Before they took delivery of the unit , they had them stay in the trailer on another part of the property for the weekend and write down any issues that they come across. The list was small so the dealer fixed them right away and they got to take trailer home few days later.

Always thought this was a win -win approach for buyers and sellers. I realize the manufacture should catch most the items but it was a good way for dealer to attack the issue.