WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attn All Smog Deleted Diesel Trucks !

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I am positive the Deleted stop gap will happen through CARB and not the EPA on an individual basis.

It can get bad for an individual however despite efforts to avoid an actual real smog inspection.

It will most likely happen because the truck smoked and someone will call to report it or a cop will see it. If you dont think CARB will come search you out then fine your a hero. However they will let the AQMD know and that organization of thugs will fuck you over pretty dam good. That's federal BTW.

I have a diesel truck with all that bullshit underneath. Like 6' feet of that treatment plant just waiting to break however after 54k miles there is no soot in my exhaust.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I have a diesel truck with all that bullshit underneath. Like 6' feet of that treatment plant just waiting to break however after 54k miles there is no soot in my exhaust.
It’s all been transformed to an “inert” material that is burned off - it’s all that white smoke you see from semis billowing going down the freeway.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Ain't nothing new. This been happening in the sport compact/ domestic scene as well. Plenty of people still modify their cars. Just gotta talk to the right person during smog. 🫡

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Ain't nothing new. This been happening in the sport compact/ domestic scene as well. Plenty of people still modify their cars. Just gotta talk to the right person during smog. 🫡
Or live where they don't do that checking stuff

EBT531

Reaction score
title transfer smog tests have been required for as long as I can remember.
CA is actually moving to rolling smog checkpoints like a dui checkpoint but for smog. Makes it much easier to catch people who swap tunes for the checks. There was also some odd wording about regardless of where the vehicle is registered, which I dont see how they could enforce unless they go federal on tampering with smog equipment.

dribble

Reaction score
CA is actually moving to rolling smog checkpoints like a dui checkpoint but for smog. Makes it much easier to catch people who swap tunes for the checks. There was also some odd wording about regardless of where the vehicle is registered, which I dont see how they could enforce unless they go federal on tampering with smog equipment.
Wrong on both counts.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
no

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Here is an example of a real shop owner partner who was sentenced for deleting.

ChrisV

Reaction score
5D976708-DFE3-47E4-9280-95DC1A0F7078.png

76sanger

Reaction score
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT! Man, it's getting damn close to becoming an OUTLAW.

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the roadside check points are an option. They make you think that you have to do them. You can tell them no thank you and drive on bye.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the roadside check points are an option. They make you think that you have to do them. You can tell them no thank you and drive on bye.
I’ve seen them set up 3 times. Sure didn’t look optional. They were set up just like a DUI checkpoint stopping every car. Popped the hood on each car that came through and sent them to the secondary smog lane when they found whatever they were looking for.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I was going to mention this. I saw kory post it. Another example of rules for thee but not for me. Why would the beast need to be deleted?

To those saying roll coal and clean air. I dont disagree with you. Coal rollers are the problem. But those are bad tunes or specifically designed that way. Well tuned and built diesels blow very little. Ive seen a few lmls that are tuned and you wouldnt know it.

dribble

Reaction score
I’ve seen them set up 3 times. Sure didn’t look optional. They were set up just like a DUI checkpoint stopping every car. Popped the hood on each car that came through and sent them to the secondary smog lane when they found whatever they were looking for.
Roadside checkpoints are optional. The CHP is only there for traffic control as BAR reps are not authorized to stop traffic. The roadside program is used only to measure the effectiveness of the smog program. They compare the pass/fail/tamper rate data gathered in roadside to that gathered in the regular program. The results (whatever they are) do not get entered into the regular Vehicle Inspection Database and whatever information is gathered is not shared with BAR enforcement. The only reason for Roadside is to report the results to EPA. If the data gathered in random roadside differs substantially from the regular smog check data, then the EPA will crack down on California and require centralized state run testing. This is part of the (State Implementation Plan) SIP and is done in nearly every state with a smog program.

Roadside was created in the 90s to keep from having go to state run testing as a way to prove to the EPA that the program was not riddled with widespread fraud, as the EPA was alleging. They were literally attempting to force centralized state run testing on us. The whole issue nearly went to court. They backed down when a new SIP was proposed which among other things, included roadside data gathering.

There has never been a citation or correction notice issued as a result of a roadside inspection because that would shift the purpose from data gathering to enforcement. If a tampered vehicle is found the results are provided to the driver and they are sent on their way. They are not required to correct it, the vehicle is not flagged and the results reported to EPA do not include vehicle or driver information. Just raw data in numbers.

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We can’t be a leader in much so let’s lead in the area of screwing with our citizens when the rest of the world is free to do whatever. Air pollution doesn’t stop at the California border so I don’t really understand how locking it down heavily in one area makes a bit of difference when everyone else is not.

Then the next volcano sets off and puts back all the pollutions we’ve spent years trying to avoid. Just stop it already.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
What they should be focusing on is these a-holes illegally receiving welfare and crack down on these under the table mofos driving 100k trucks while I have to pay taxes for their free healthcare and welfare. I’m tired of working my ass off so others don’t have too. All these laws and smog crackdowns and taxes just keep screwing me and every other working man.

dribble

Reaction score
What they should be focusing on is these a-holes illegally receiving welfare and crack down on these under the table mofos driving 100k trucks while I have to pay taxes for their free healthcare and welfare. I’m tired of working my ass off so others don’t have too. All these laws and smog crackdowns and taxes just keep screwing me and every other working man.
That’s where they get their votes.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Sad but true, If only I had no goals in life and just lived to live 🤔