WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attn: Glamis Ghost Campers

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Some new leadership in the local BLM office and they are taking note that ghost camping has become a real problem. Word is they'll be nice with signs and education for a little while, but towing rigs if necessary is definitely on the table.

I hope nobody here is enough of an asshole to do this, but if you are, you can eat a bag of dicks and I hope you get your rig towed...or worse.

charred1

Reaction score
In past years, I have heard rumors and seen pics floating around of BLM towing out travel trailers. Things will get interesting when they start towing out the big dog diesel pushers and the attached Renegade enclosed trailers taking up prime real estate for months at a time down at Road Runner. Those mofos think they are untouchable…lol.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It’s out of control and has been for a long time. It needs to get resolved but BLM is going to have a hell of a time doing so after turning a blind eye for so long.
Let’s me start by qualifying I’m not a ghost camper and think it’s kind of jacked up playing the system and not allowing other to use our government properties. However wouldn’t BLM have to change their nationwide rules and regulations? From my understanding the only requirement is that you have to move every 2 weeks. I’m not aware of a requirement that someone had to actually occupy the RV? Isn’t that how these retards have been getting away with it for so long?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Let’s me start by qualifying I’m not a ghost camper and think it’s kind of jacked up playing the system and not allowing other to use our government properties. However wouldn’t BLM have to change their nationwide rules and regulations? From my understanding the only requirement is that you have to move every 2 weeks. I’m not aware of a requirement that someone had to actually occupy the RV? Isn’t that how these retards have been getting away with it for so long?

It depends on what the definition of "unattended" is.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I haven't been since 2000. I don't remember many, only "Sand Castle" sticks in my head as one I saw unattended then. When did this start becoming more of an issue?

checkrdpast

Reaction score
Yeah, like the no mooring over night in the channel ordinance . HAHAHA

D19

Reaction score
They're going to have such a tough time enforcing this.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Good. The guys that do this can kick rocks

Mototrig

Reaction score
Why do you guys care if people leave their rigs unattended on the sand? Glamis is huge....camp somewhere else. I've seen people leave their stuff in the washes unattended many times. Even a few prevost rigs with double stackers. They take all the risk leaving their stuff. I personally would never do it, I think it's dumb leaving your stuff unattended and vulnerable to thieves but to each his own. But why get mad?

Icky

Reaction score
Why do you guys care if people leave their rigs unattended on the sand? Glamis is huge....camp somewhere else. I've seen people leave their stuff in the washes unattended many times. Even a few prevost rigs with double stackers. They take all the risk leaving their stuff. I personally would never do it, I think it's dumb leaving your stuff unattended and vulnerable to thieves but to each his own. But why get mad?
I think it's the prime real estate on gecko that pisses people off. The washes have tons of room. Personally we stay in the washes, our group is too big and Last minute to try and fight for a spot on gecko.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
The BLM Short Term camping does limit the stay to 14 days, and requires moving after 2 weeks. But it also requires that they move a minimum of 25 miles away from the previous camp spot. Plus the 25 miles is as the crow flies, and not road mileage.

Non-occupation (eg empty trailer or RV) is the same as reserving a a spot with EZ-Ups and lawn chairs.

DaveH

Reaction score
we are talking about road runner and gecko. NO THERE ISNT UNLIMITED room, in fact only a TINY fraction compared to the rest of the washes and so forth. people ghost camping are TOTAL DICKS IMO.

JUST AS BAD is the ASSHOLE who puts out 100 yards of cones waiting for their buddies to arrive.

I've heard for years the BLM is "going to do something" but never seen anything happen. its EASY to tell who is doing it. on tuesady morning take note of the rigs there mid week. they are ghost camping, simple as that.

Mototrig

Reaction score
we are talking about road runner and gecko. NO THERE ISNT UNLIMITED room, in fact only a TINY fraction compared to the rest of the washes and so forth. people ghost camping are TOTAL DICKS IMO.

JUST AS BAD is the ASSHOLE who puts out 100 yards of cones waiting for their buddies to arrive.

I've heard for years the BLM is "going to do something" but never seen anything happen. its EASY to tell who is doing it. on tuesady morning take note of the rigs there mid week. they are ghost camping, simple as that.
So why camp where THERE ISNT enough room and so limited? You're just setting yourself up to get pissed. Go where there's more room.

77charger

Reaction score
Like to see it happen even though i dont camp in these areas instead have a nice spot away from everyone,But unfair to those who get there early to not find a nice spot because all of the pads are filed with empty trailers or coned off and and asshole coming out yelling when you barely pull in saying its saved.Gonna be a show when i get there wed and see the action.LOL

Some of the pads and roadrunner are occupied all year by the same ones too.

77charger

Reaction score
But maybe they went to town for the day .LOL Thats the excuse most use to defend their buddies but like said its very obvious and they are the dumb ones who really think people will believe that.

Reactions: DWC

Icky

Reaction score
So why camp where THERE ISNT enough room and so limited? You're just setting yourself up to get pissed. Go where there's more room.
tenor (1).gif

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I know people who do it. They stay usually the loops or keyhole.

They say they go all the time like every weekend. It’s so bad it’s to the point they already have their spot for the season at keyhole. With the pumpers and water guys no need to take the rig anywhere. They also bring fuel in drums in their truck or have a fuel guy top off too.

Most of them are business owners who don’t really work

Reactions: DWC

DaveH

Reaction score
why camp there. because its the best spot in glamis.....paved.....no pulling into sand.

why do all the ballers leave their shit there?.....because its the BEST spot in glamis. if it wasn't....we wouldn't be having this conversation.

you dont wanna go there? good dont because its packed and bad enough with ghost campers.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
why camp there. because its the best spot in glamis.....paved.....no pulling into sand.

why do all the ballers leave their shit there?.....because its the BEST spot in glamis. if it wasn't....we wouldn't be having this conversation.

you dont wanna go there? good dont because its packed and bad enough with ghost campers.

You couldn't pay me to camp on Gecko.

Everyone has their own version of "best".

😉

DLC

Reaction score
When you buy your pass you know the rules…. Rules are listed….

tow that shit if it gets F’d up it’s on the owner for leaving his yard sale unattended….

I havent been in the dunes in 15 + years

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

tow that shit if it gets F’d up it’s on the owner for leaving his yard sale unattended….

I think some of these rigs are too big to tow :)

Mototrig

Reaction score

Ballers fly into boardmanville where their rigs are stored and flatbed their rails into the washes when nobody else is around. Glampers whine about no parking on the pavement on gecko. It's a Gecko problem, not a Glamis problem

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oregon Dunes. Been there, done that.

Pretty sure that ain't happening in Parker, but I'd LOVE to see you try! 😁

I’ve seen video of guys skipping 600+ feet... technically might be doable across parts of Parker. Buy me a SXS and I’ll try it :)

PlanB

Reaction score

It's been about 10 for us and I thought it was getting bad back then. Growing up going to Glamis was always a great time. Now it sounds like it's getting fucked up like a lot of other places.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I think it’s more for the pad campers

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Used to have a lot of fun in Glamis when we had a big group but now everyone stopped going so when I do go 1-2 times a year it’s not as fun lol

c_land

Reaction score
They unattended vehicle rule enforcement Won’t change anything. These guys pay someone to stay with their shit for weeks on end to get around that and the vandalism.

It will be interesting to see if the BLM actually has anyone intelligent enough to affectively enforce the 14 day/25 mile rule.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Glad I have never been or have any desire to go to Glamis. Sounds like nothing more than a big shit show....

If you went with myself or Larry, I'm pretty sure you'd have a good time.

You'd miss Olds, the drags, Gecko and the lower washes. But you'll get to see what the fuss is Really all about. 👍🏼

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Ballers fly into boardmanville where their rigs are stored and flatbed their rails into the washes when nobody else is around. Glampers whine about no parking on the pavement on gecko. It's a Gecko problem, not a Glamis problem

So you're friends with Lance eh?

Gonna stop by there and visit with Doug on the way home from Parker. Maybe they will give me a job! 😁