WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attn: Glamis Ghost Campers

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Yeah you are. You have been since this thread started! 😂

Glamis has its own rules and restrictions. They have been posted in this thread multiple times.

There is no fire permit required in Glamis.
LOL well... looks like I wasn’t stirring the pot.

I did post a link for it... and people have since responded.

But those BLM guys are so cool... we must thank them for being out there to enforce these things on us. (Now that’s me stirring the pot)

wallnutz

Reaction score
Campfire Permits are required for open fires, such as campfire, barbecues and portable stoves on federally controlled lands and private lands that are the property of another person.

I never looked into it, but the two different rangers said if you are actively cooking on the fire, you do not need a permit. Don’t really care, took 5 minutes and got a permit. It’s just another BS reason to come into your camp to find grandma with a glass salad dressing bottle. (< true story by the way)

Low hanging fruit is what they are looking for.

Reactions: DWC

DunePilot

Reaction score
I never looked into it, but the two different rangers said if you are actively cooking on the fire, you do not need a permit....

Friend of mine was in his backyard in So Cal. Had a fire pit going. Fire Dept comes in and says put that out or get a ticket. He goes ballistic. They told him to get a hot dog or anything cooking and they would not have him arrested.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
If ranger dick approached my camp asking for a "campfire permit" in the middle of the fucking barren treeless desert, I'd probably think it was a joke.

wallnutz

Reaction score
If ranger dick approached my camp asking for a "campfire permit" in the middle of the fucking barren treeless desert, I'd probably think it was a joke.
We did, and then promptly got a lecture about how many violations he could come up with if he tried.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
We did, and then promptly got a lecture about how many violations he could come up with if he tried.
21DEE8F1-5C04-44D3-BFDA-68EC6E304031.jpeg

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

Well that rangerdick had way too much time on his hands, and should have been promptly told to get the fuck out of the campsite. What a clown.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I'm no longer surprised by ANYTHING California does.
I guess we're just lucky they don't require a non-resident permit to breath their air.🙄

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Someone’s gotta point that out to those BLM guys

And there is absolutely Nothing wrong with doing so!

I was advised to keep a printed copy of the rules with me at all times. Why?

There are a LOT of temp LEO's hired for the busy weekends. No WAY they know the rules inside out!

Just nicely point out that you have a copy of the rules, and that you are in compliance with all of them.

Everyone makes mistakes. They are just as human as anyone else.

The ASA doesn't say anything about a fire permit either.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
Actually a fire permit is required on all fed lands if you are having a fire outside of a campground that has established fire rings.Now how often enforced not much but if they want to they can enforce it.In the forest a ranger can give you one on the spot and i think blm ranger can give you one too.

hman442

Reaction score
DunePilot said:
Campfire Permits are required for open fires, such as campfire, barbecues and portable stoves on federally controlled lands and private lands that are the property of another person.

Campfire Permit - Ready for Wildfire

www.readyforwildfire.org
www.readyforwildfire.org
Okay, So what really gets me, is the part where it states " on private lands", so do they have permission to enter a locked private ranch, etc., to check to see if you have your fire permit ?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
DunePilot said:

Campfire Permit - Ready for Wildfire

www.readyforwildfire.org
www.readyforwildfire.org
Okay, So what really gets me, is the part where it states " on private lands", so do they have permission to enter a locked private ranch, etc., to check to see if you have your fire permit ?
Because the government likes any grey area excuse to violate peoples privacy.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I never looked into it, but the two different rangers said if you are actively cooking on the fire, you do not need a permit. Don’t really care, took 5 minutes and got a permit. It’s just another BS reason to come into your camp to find grandma with a glass salad dressing bottle. (< true story by the way)

Low hanging fruit is what they are looking for.
someone digging thru coolers at 5am is messed up.. it would be nice to put some sort of motion detector on the cooler lid that SCREAMS if it's moved. except you could just push some button to disarm it yourself... as for them writing a fine for glass when it's a salad dressing bottle?? that's just fucked up.

--as the ranger at that point if your reading glasses get you a fine.... or the headlights on the truck. or bike, or?

outboard_256

Reaction score
DunePilot said:

For some reason I think they do. Like if I start a big fire in my backyard and fire department comes to check it out. I am guessing they can come in a locked backyard to check if you have a permit or put it out. Probably some reason like safety that allows them access.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to point it out on the rules page, cause I sure don't see it! 😝

All Public land is what's in the video however this deal is put up by the California Wildland Fire Coordinating Group (part of CA create a meaningless job act). Its been this way for several years anyway. I told you what happened in Emerald Cove. BLM came in and wrote tickets, so I've been told. Nowhere on the permit does it discuss fines.

It costs nothing. You can print the permit, take a picture with your phone, then use the paper to start the fire. Your just going to fall asleep anyway. :)

timstoy

Reaction score
I just filled out and printed the permit. Bottom line is stated that you are legally responsible and may be liable for fire suppression costs if your fire escapes.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
I honestly cant believe that I just filled out and printed that worthless doc. Don't the nipple sucking huggers know that we are wasting countless (trees) by doing this.😳
I'm going to clear epoxy it into a table and have it proudly displayed at every camping trip I go on.

Attachments

• letsgobrandon.jpg
    letsgobrandon.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 39

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I honestly cant believe that I just filled out and printed that worthless doc. Don't the nipple sucking huggers know that we are wasting countless (trees) by doing this.😳
I'm going to clear epoxy it into a table and have it proudly displayed at every camping trip I go on.
Expires Annually.

I find that part hilarious.

Icky

Reaction score
Several of us do the camp fire permits just in case someone goes to bed we still have a person with a permit in their name. Never been asked for one in glamis though.

DunePilot

Reaction score
Any news of rigs being towed, tickets, etc? I would think this would be prime time for it.

DunePilot

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to point it out on the rules page, cause I sure don't see it! 😝

IMHO it SHOULD be on the ISDRA page. But here is where you can find it.

(Scroll way down to El Centro Field Office - about 2/3 the way down):
https://www.blm.gov/programs/public...on/regional-info/california/fire-restrictions

California - Fire Restrictions | Bureau of Land Management
BLM California issues statewide Fire Prevention Order. A state-wide Fire Prevention Order addresses wildfire safety measures for use of campfires outside of developed campgrounds and complements state and local wildfire prevention laws, regulations, and activities.
www.blm.gov

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Crazy never knew about the fire permit yet it is Ca and you need a permit for the permit to permit any use 😂

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
IMHO it SHOULD be on the ISDRA page. But here is where you can find it.

(Scroll way down to El Centro Field Office - about 2/3 the way down):
https://www.blm.gov/programs/public...on/regional-info/california/fire-restrictions

California - Fire Restrictions | Bureau of Land Management
BLM California issues statewide Fire Prevention Order. A state-wide Fire Prevention Order addresses wildfire safety measures for use of campfires outside of developed campgrounds and complements state and local wildfire prevention laws, regulations, and activities.
www.blm.gov

Should be? You're afraid someone might set the sand on fire?

😱😂😝

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
Should be? You're afraid someone might set the sand on fire?

😱😂😝
I know how silly the campfire permit seems but it is required in the State of Kommifornia and in the ISDRA despite your denial Joe...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I know how silly the campfire permit seems but it is required in the State of Kommifornia and in the ISDRA despite your denial Joe...

Lemme know when it show up in the rules for Glamis...

Till then, I ain't buying anything other than a Camping permit. I figure that should encompass any rules that need to be adhered to. And I'll be happy to discuss that with Any ranger that attempts to fine me.

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
Lemme know when it show up in the rules for Glamis...

Till then, I ain't buying anything other than a Camping permit. I figure that should encompass any rules that need to be adhered to. And I'll be happy to discuss that with Any ranger that attempts to fine me.
LOL, it's free. It takes less than 5 minutes to get on the 'ol interwebs. Not sure why this seems so difficult.

Do you even go to Glamis anymore?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
LOL, it's free. It takes less than 5 minutes to get on the 'ol interwebs. Not sure why this seems so difficult.

Do you even go to Glamis anymore?

Planning a trip right now. I'll keep ya posted.