WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attn: Glamis Ghost Campers

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Friends have set the tickets are being left on the rigs, has anyone looked at one, curious what the amount is?

I don’t know what it costs but it’s not likely enough to dent the wallet of the baller rigs. Holy fuck some of those setups are impressive.

It’s likely going to be one of those moments where BLM “tows one and teaches a thousand” type situations.

I don’t blame these guys for doing it. They’ve been allowed to do it for so long that it’s hard to change it now. Will be interesting to see what level the BLM decides to enforce it, if at all. That’s a hell of a costly tow though if they do crack down.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Doing night rides on banshee to China wall from pad 1 at night through the dunes is when you reach expert duning status.

Didn’t run out of gas for one for two made it

That's a long azz ride on a shee! Well done! 👍🏼👍🏼

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Doing night rides on banshee to China wall from pad 1 at night through the dunes is when you reach expert duning status.

Didn’t run out of gas for one for two made it
I can't explain it but I have(or had) an uncanny sense of dropping into the intended spot in the dunes at night like no other.
Spidey senses?🤷‍♂️😂

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I can't explain it but I have(or had) an uncanny sense of dropping into the intended spot in the dunes at night like no other.
Spidey senses?🤷‍♂️😂

There are very few people I will night ride with. And I'll tell you right now, I am NEVER the leader!

The leader of our day rides never leads either at night either.

On one night ride, we had been out for hours, WITH NO MOON! I had no fucking clue where we were, but next thing I know, we were rolling back into camp, from the dune side. When I asked how the fuck he did that, he said he can tell from the lights off in the distance, exactly where he is at.

Spidey sense for sure.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Bhahahahahahlolololo you would think right well yes in most cases, I showed up late one night around wash 10 a 4x4 came out to guide me to our already setup group of 6-8 rigs as were driving in deeper than we should have been going I looked over at the wife and said were stuck when we stop :oops: LOL I floored it made it around the circle and stopped burried with a TOL of 65' rig.

Sunday am it was two 4x4's to get me to terra firma.

Now I get out and walk it. ;)
Had to find this old video. We woke up to this dude buried 10 years ago right across from our camp. Doesn't look like it in the video but the back of the toter and the trailer were buried to the frame. It laughed at two trucks initially.

gqchris

Reaction score
So I follow most of the ballers on Instagram, the Aaron Rice, Pont, Steezy Kid etc.

I have never been to Glamis. You are telling me these guys leave all their stuff out there, and then PAY employees to secure and watch it?

Fucking Crazy.

I envy the fact that the wives of these guys are down to let them be out there for weeks and dropping coin like its candy. I cant get out for a day without being bitched at! LOL

endobear

Reaction score
20211011_220050.jpg
Resized_20170324_114050.jpg

I've been known to get stuck a time or 10.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
I always air down truck and trailer if im pulling into anything soft. Not worth the pain in the ass of getting stuck and beating on the truck. I recently got a dewalt 200psi compressor and 3 way pigtail only takes like 15 minutes to air up the dually and tripple axle 5th wheel.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So I follow most of the ballers on Instagram, the Aaron Rice, Pont, Steezy Kid etc.

I have never been to Glamis. You are telling me these guys leave all their stuff out there, and then PAY employees to secure and watch it?

Fucking Crazy.

I envy the fact that the wives of these guys are down to let them be out there for weeks and dropping coin like its candy. I cant get out for a day without being bitched at! LOL
Pont leaves his stuff, he and his wife motorhome, his girlfriends 5th wheel, etc., but he typically has an employee on payroll there 24/7. Aaron only comes out 3-4 times a year on big weekends for the drags, thats really all he does, never goes in the dunes, he drives out each time.

Englewood

Reaction score

Fucking Crazy.

That's equivalent to a normal guy like me paying for lunch. These guys have stupid money. Pont has what, $2m in sand cars?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Some of you guys are funny.

"We don't need more rules!"
"Go park somewhere else!"

Little to no integrity or respect for others is how I read that. One of the main problems with society today.

Bottom line is screwing someone else out of enjoying the place and utilizing infrastructure we all pay for isn't the right thing to do and is just being a selfish ass.

If you aren't there and actively using the spot, you need to free it up for someone else. That's just common decency.

The offroad community used to contain that common decency. Not any more, I guess. Sad.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Yes, and a wife and a girlfriend, and they all camp together, hes living the dream.
Didnt I read somewhere that he moved out to CA with $300 and started his company or something like that?

And doenst someone who works for him post on here occasionally?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Some of you guys are funny.

"We don't need more rules!"
"Go park somewhere else!"

Little to no integrity or respect for others is how I read that. One of the main problems with society today.

Bottom line is screwing someone else out of enjoying the place and utilizing infrastructure we all pay for isn't the right thing to do and is just being a selfish ass.

If you aren't there and actively using the spot, you need to free it up for someone else. That's just common decency.

The offroad community used to contain that common decency. Not any more, I guess. Sad.

From the looks of the pics on here...

Seems like the BLM got ghosted! 😁

Go back to your lives citizens. Nothing to see here. Move along...

😜

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
From the looks of the pics on here...

Seems like the BLM got ghosted! 😁

Go back to your lives citizens. Nothing to see here. Move along...

😜
Could have something to do with the fact it's supposed to be like 92 degrees this weekend.

Or maybe Brandon's fantastic gas prices are keeping some away and will continue to do so. We can only hope...

ChrisV

Reaction score

Fucking Crazy.

yesssiirrrr

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Pont leaves his stuff, he and his wife motorhome, his girlfriends 5th wheel, etc., but he typically has an employee on payroll there 24/7. Aaron only comes out 3-4 times a year on big weekends for the drags, thats really all he does, never goes in the dunes, he drives out each time.
I have seen Aaron out in the dunes tons of times he will dune his cars

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just curious how to do you tow a 5th wheel when the slides are out and the leveling things are down? Do you just drag it onto a trailer and destroy it all? Same with a rig thats pinned to the trailer with a lock.

As much as this is a scare tactic I imagine this is just flat out unenforceable....
Having done some "odd jobs"...a crescent wrench to bleed the levelers (spring return, one way cylinders), and an electric impact to suck the slides in. (Occasional crunching sounds depending on what was left where). Open the fridge cover and shut off the propane, check water heater on older models...pin locks may or may not take a few minutes, depends on what they bought. The ones truck drivers have are a bitch, standard CampLand ones aren't too bad.
Whether or not there is a recovery driver in the area willing to do it would be the big issue.

77charger

Reaction score
I have seen Aaron out in the dunes tons of times he will dune his cars
I’ve know him for about 12 years he will dune maybe not the fastest but gets out. He’s also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet no snob attitude treats everyone like a friend imo very good guy and just saw him last night at ledge.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Fucking Crazy.

Money solves all problems for awhile...

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
we are talking about road runner and gecko. NO THERE ISNT UNLIMITED room, in fact only a TINY fraction compared to the rest of the washes and so forth. people ghost camping are TOTAL DICKS IMO.

JUST AS BAD is the ASSHOLE who puts out 100 yards of cones waiting for their buddies to arrive.

I've heard for years the BLM is "going to do something" but never seen anything happen. its EASY to tell who is doing it. on tuesady morning take note of the rigs there mid week. they are ghost camping, simple as that.
IMO, thats legit. Some people cant get off work Tuesday for the weekend and want to camp with their friends.

JMTC

intense

Reaction score
what does he do for work?
Pont leaves his stuff, he and his wife motorhome, his girlfriends 5th wheel, etc., but he typically has an employee on payroll there 24/7. Aaron only comes out 3-4 times a year on big weekends for the drags, thats really all he does, never goes in the dunes, he drives out each ti

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
The first time I went to the dunes when I was a kid we camped with a family named Pont. The dad was named Virgil if I remember correctly. They raced tricked out 3 wheelers at the old drag strip. They had a fleet of bad ass ATCs and one that was all stretched out running nitrous. Wonder if this is the same crew.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Apparently Glamis had some issues last night holy fuk Godspeed to any lives lost😪 such a goddan shame. So many fun memories of that place in my early years and thereafter. Bring back the old days please- these asshole newbies going there now can f all the way off🤬

Icky

Reaction score
Apparently Glamis had some issues last night holy fuk Godspeed to any lives lost😪 such a goddan shame. So many fun memories of that place in my early years and thereafter. Bring back the old days please- these asshole newbies going there now can f all the way off🤬
What happened?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m not a part of Insta or FB or any of that.
What happened?

All of us were newbs at one time or another. Can’t hold that against anyone.
But?
Sometimes people die out there.
One time in the 90s we had some guys fly over our camp on those gliders with fan engines. Don’t remember what they are called.

The three of us guys in camp watched these guys fly by and thought that would be an awesome experience.

We finished lunch and went for a ride after to find a group of riders atop a dune looking down into a bowl over by Ozborn lookout.
Ranger was down there.
And so was one of those fan motor gliders. The pilot had a sheet over him. 🙁
One of over a half dozen I’ve seen out there die or be dead upon arriving on scene.
It’s a serious place.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what it costs but it’s not likely enough to dent the wallet of the baller rigs. Holy fuck some of those setups are impressive.

It’s likely going to be one of those moments where BLM “tows one and teaches a thousand” type situations.

I don’t blame these guys for doing it. They’ve been allowed to do it for so long that it’s hard to change it now. Will be interesting to see what level the BLM decides to enforce it, if at all. That’s a hell of a costly tow though if they do crack down.

WTF, does the BLM actually do, other than draw a huge Salary and Talk Shit. When I learned that Not All States have the BLM infesting their State, I did some research and it is Not cut and Clear why. I know Texas does not. The fact they like to make all this Noise about this and that, the "DO IT" Talk is Cheap. I remember Trump talking about a Major Cut in their Program and possibly Eliminating their huge Cost.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What happened?
I don’t think it was in the dunes, there was head on on the road in by canal, both rigs looked to be towing flatbeds with side by sides and everything burned. Likely the trailers had fuel jugs on them that soaked the wreck on impact. Not sure all got out, looked pretty bad.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I don’t think it was in the dunes, there was head on on the road in by canal, both rigs looked to be towing flatbeds with side by sides and everything burned. Likely the trailers had fuel jugs on them that soaked the wreck on impact. Not sure all got out, looked pretty bad.

It looked like a toy hauler that caught fire and all that was remaining was the RZR and trailer frame, I dunno.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
WTF, does the BLM actually do, other than draw a huge Salary and Talk Shit. When I learned that Not All States have the BLM infesting their State, I did some research and it is Not cut and Clear why. I know Texas does not. The fact they like to make all this Noise about this and that, the "DO IT" Talk is Cheap. I remember Trump talking about a Major Cut in their Program and possibly Eliminating their huge Cost.

It’s something like 98% of Texas land is owned which would explain the lack, or need, for BLM.

Little to no open space like a Glamis or Ocotillo Wells in Texas. It’s a give and take for sure.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
It’s something like 98% of Texas land is owned which would explain the lack, or need, for BLM.

Little to no open space like a Glamis or Ocotillo Wells in Texas. It’s a give and take for sure.

Well, if they are an "EVIL" necessity, just "Do The Job". Making these statements that appear will never be enforced just gives them less credibility than they already have.

Texas when was Offered and encouraged to join the "States" made it clear they did Not want anything to do with the BLM.

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Texas when was Offered and encouraged to join the "States" made it clear they did Not want anything to do with the BLM.

The BLM was established in 1946.

Texas was granted statehood in 1845.

Now I'm no mathematician by any stretch of the imagination, but something seems a bit off here to me?

I'm just not quite sure what it is...

🤔

DunePilot

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’m not a part of Insta or FB or any of that.
What happened?

All of us were newbs at one time or another. Can’t hold that against anyone.
But?
Sometimes people die out there.
One time in the 90s we had some guys fly over our camp on those gliders with fan engines. Don’t remember what they are called.

The three of us guys in camp watched these guys fly by and thought that would be an awesome experience.

We finished lunch and went for a ride after to find a group of riders atop a dune looking down into a bowl over by Ozborn lookout.
Ranger was down there.
And so was one of those fan motor gliders. The pilot had a sheet over him. 🙁
One of over a half dozen I’ve seen out there die or be dead upon arriving on scene.
It’s a serious place.
If it were the late 80's, could have been the father of a girl my wife and I know. Her dad died in an ultralight wreck out there. Never heard the details. My wife was friends with her when it happened, I didn't meet her until high school in the early/mid 90's.