WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Attn: Glamis Ghost Campers

D19

Reaction score
Wow!

I figured out how to solve this problem...

If the trailer is a rockin don't come knockin!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The BLM Officers seemed pretty cool in this situation actually. Respect is earned and it goes both ways, If i was that officer and this clown came at me like this I would do the same thing. Irwin could have not had such an attitude and maybe had more of a chance. Stevie Wonder can see what this guy is trying to do and save real estate.

Not sure where he was going with the taco analogy

And funny how he went from "you can write me 1000 tickets I wont pay them to come on ma, If we move can you just give us a warning."

This guy is a clown

I guess at the end of the day if people did a little more self governing and not abuse the land with saving spots and staying for longer than they should we wouldn't have these types of predicaments.
I saw that video floating around on Desert Whips...wow not so good for him.

These are FED's...period. If they want they can send someone into a fucking tailspin. Be nice, apologize, and comply. The "Tough Guy" deal is just going to bounce.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
5t40y4.jpg
Windy?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I saw that video floating around on Desert Whips...wow not so good for him.

These are FED's...period. If they want they can send someone into a fucking tailspin. Be nice, apologize, and comply. The "Tough Guy" deal is just going to bounce.
That guys a douche for sure. That being said fuck the camp sneaking ice chest opening illegal searching for glass bottles at 5am BLM assholes.

RVRKID

Reaction score
My favorite part about that video was that it started as "we just parked like this after our ride" to everyone moving their rigs to park like a normal human as soon as the ticket book came out.

I would love to submit a FOIA request for the BWC footage to see how this started, a lot of the agencies I work with say that people turn up their clownish behavior as soon as the cell phone cam comes out.
Surprised the guy that moved it didn't get a ticket for no helmet....

sokalkrew

Reaction score
Surprised the guy that moved it didn't get a ticket for no helmet....
Good point, I agree with a lot of people that said the guy on video handled wrong but by the same token I’ve seen someone at the drags parked in they’re sxs watching with motor off and no helmet on get a ticket… now too me Law enforcement are just being ass holes in that situation

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
When it happened doesn’t make any difference just pointing out that stupid can sit behind the wheel of any vehicle.

Reactions: DWC

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
When it happened doesn’t make any difference just pointing out that stupid can sit behind the wheel of any vehicle.
The problem is that side by sides have made Glamis and places like it more accessible to people with limited budgets, no knowledge of the do's and dont's, and basically no skill. With that has come a ton of stupid.

Used to be you had to have some cash to be able to buy a sand rail. You also had to have some skill to drive one due to having to shift. Same with quads and motorcycles. This limited visitation to mainly people who actually knew what was going on and truly "lived the life."

Now any dirtbag can just walk into a dealer, sign on the line, and take their new toy to the dunes. No need to worry about shifting either. Just get in, hit the gas, and proceed to fuck things up for the rest of us.

If you don't think side by sides are the main driver behind the increased crowds at offroad areas and the increased level of stupid out there, you aren't paying attention.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Yeah you’ve said that but it’s now different when families of 4 did the same thing with quads or ATCs. Now instead of a family of four all on their own vehicle they’re sandwiched into one imagine if they all drove there own! Fact is there’s just WAY MORE PEOPLE everywhere now. Don’t get me started on the groups of four or more full size 4 seat sand rails with one person in each car!

Cash doesn’t make you smarter I know plenty of stupid wealthy people!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Yeah you’ve said that but it’s now different when families of 4 did the same thing with quads or ATCs. Now instead of a family of four all on their own vehicle they’re sandwiched into one imagine if they all drove there own! Fact is there’s just WAY MORE PEOPLE everywhere now. Don’t get me started on the groups of four or more full size 4 seat sand rails with one person in each car!

Cash doesn’t make you smarter I know plenty of stupid wealthy people!
Okay. Now due to accessibility and cost, there are at least ten families driving around in one side by side for every one family that used to have to drive their own quads or whatever. That's 10 vehicles instead of only 4 before. That's also 40 people instead of only 4 before.

Saying there is just more people now everywhere than there used to be is only partially true. There are now more people out there now than there used to be because it it now easier for them to get out there.

Those of us who spent years building our skill sets and learning how to do things right out there now have to tolerate those who have not and just jump in and go. Yes, some idiots before with enough money could do the same thing. But now that the cost of accessibility has been lowered, there is a far greater number of those idiots now.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Ok then let’s put everyone on two wheels! See how many people keep going to the dunes!

Agreed?
Far less and that's exactly my point. Two wheels requires a hell of a lot more skill than most people possess. As a result, they'd be out.

Same concept with the difference in skill it takes to operate a quad or sand rail vs. a sand flea.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Ok then let’s put everyone on two wheels! See how many people keep going to the dunes!

Agreed?

You're so busy trying to argue, you missed the fact you're saying the same thing wizard is! 😂

Some sports take skill. Some sports take a good credit rating.

Ill take the skilled sports all day long. 👍🏼

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
All day long we watch utv’s towing utvs in, typically a belt or what’s left of it are hanging out the back. For our group getting towed in was the tow of shame, and if you couldn’t fix your shit in the dunes and needed a tow you had to wear an apron that said camp bitch on it for the weekend. Basically getting everybody beers was your job. Ive changed cv’s, axles, arms, etc in the dunes. People used to buy a kit from funco and assemble their own cars, you knew every inch of the thing. The times have changed.

I spoke with Joe Fab at the store and he said the number one thing people get towed to him to fix is a new belt. Come on people, figure it out on your own.

PlanB

Reaction score
I can change a belt in less than 10 minutes and that includes unpacking the tools get and getting out the new belt. No reason a newer SXS should have to be towed for a belt failure. A lot of guys that are just running in Glamis are not even running the covers on the housing. Without the cover a belt change should take a few minutes.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I can change a belt in less than 10 minutes and that includes unpacking the tools get and getting out the new belt. No reason a newer SXS should have to be towed for a belt failure. A lot of guys that are just running in Glamis are not even running the covers on the housing. Without the cover a belt change should take a few minutes.
Bought our Can Am used. First thing i did was change the belt even though the guy said it was new. Didn’t want my first time to be on a trail.
I change it at the start of each season like i would an impeller. So far, so good on trail changes. Takes me longer than 10 mins to get the tools off the 👍
I get wishing there were less people out on the dirt/sand and water. Fact is, that’s not going to happen anytime soon. At least without some major meltdown and I’d prefer not to rush into one of those.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
All day long we watch utv’s towing utvs in, typically a belt or what’s left of it are hanging out the back. For our group getting towed in was the tow of shame, and if you couldn’t fix your shit in the dunes and needed a tow you had to wear an apron that said camp bitch on it for the weekend. Basically getting everybody beers was your job. Ive changed cv’s, axles, arms, etc in the dunes. People used to buy a kit from funco and assemble their own cars, you knew every inch of the thing. The times have changed.

I spoke with Joe Fab at the store and he said the number one thing people get towed to him to fix is a new belt. Come on people, figure it out on your own.
Camp Bitch apron...😂👍

Years and years ago, maybe 1986? 87ish. I had seized the engine on my ATC enough times a fellow camp member (Greg Shoemaker) has a T shirt made for me.
On the front on the port side breast was the new nickname he gave me....Sticky.

On the back it said
No bike made I can’t stick

And every time I stick another piston he would run over with a magic marker and put another slash under my name.

Before long I looked like a staff sergeant or something I had so many slashes.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Like it or not, Glamis is likely closed or a fraction of its size without UTV’s.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

endobear

Reaction score
Back in my 2 wheeler days, if you wadded up, you got the wooden spoon taped to your fender until.the next guy eats it.

77charger

Reaction score

Your right. And after haloween I’m going to midweek and off weekends so much stupidity ot there and I’ve been going 36 years. Went haloween but got there wed. Wed to Friday was nice.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
You're so busy trying to argue, you missed the fact you're saying the same thing wizard is! 😂

Some sports take skill. Some sports take a good credit rating.

Ill take the skilled sports all day long. 👍🏼

Like Badminton🤔

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what the BLM logic is on this topic. Walked Gecko this morning from 3 to roadrunner and back. There are too many ghost rigs to count, not one with a 72 hour tag on it. They basically came in on one day, tagged and towed and have not been back. Have not seen one ranger travel down Gecko today. Pretty much 75% of pad 4 is ghosts, some of the motorhomes don't even look like they could start let alone drive if they wanted to.

attitude

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what the BLM logic is on this topic. Walked Gecko this morning from 3 to roadrunner and back. There are too many ghost rigs to count, not one with a 72 hour tag on it. They basically came in on one day, tagged and towed and have not been back. Have not seen one ranger travel down Gecko today. Pretty much 75% of pad 4 is ghosts, some of the motorhomes don't even look like they could start let alone drive if they wanted to.
From what I saw online the truck and trailer that was towed was due to it having counterfeit pass not because it was a only a ghost camper. That is why we aren’t seeing anymore videos of people getting towed.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Scare tactics?

Maybe scared enough ghost campers to come haul there stuff, but just made room for people who DGAF a little harder... and now they're ghosting? I doubt they have enough man power / resources to actually enforce this long term. One thing for sure though... they will be popping into camps more often just to make sure people aren't "ghost" camping.... oh BTW... do you happen to have your campfire permit?? what about current CA tags or non resident sticker on that nice little ATC70 pit bike you got over there? lol

240Hallett

Reaction score
Scare tactics?

Maybe scared enough ghost campers to come haul there stuff, but just made room for people who DGAF a little harder... and now they're ghosting? I doubt they have enough man power / resources to actually enforce this long term. One thing for sure though... they will be popping into camps more often just to make sure people aren't "ghost" camping.... oh BTW... do you happen to have your campfire permit?? what about current CA tags or non resident sticker on that nice little ATC70 pit bike you got over there? lol
You have to have a permit for a fire??

wallnutz

Reaction score
You are wrong sir. You must have a fire permit in California. I was asked 2 years ago for one
Yep, if you aren’t actively cooking on it you need a permit. We had the nice BLM rangers in our camp a couple of times, you know just to look over everything 🙄 ask us who’s fire and where is the permit. Need one for a smudge pot too, but not if you are actively cooking on it.