WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ATV Shock Rebuild

Constant840

Reaction score
Older Polaris Predator with Fox shocks. Need the three units rebuilt and charged.
I'm sure its an eazy peazy deal, but I'm just not feeling into doing it myself. Shock Therapy quoted me $350 which is making me feel much more into it.

Anyone know of a good SoCal local guy that can do this?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
No opinion either way, I have just seen them around.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
DC shock in San Dimas is the dude
Or Tyler Scott, he does mobile stuff, was The tuner for king shocks. He tends to set up group days in glamis, Barstow etc. i here he’s doing stuff out of a shop in calimesa but haven’t been able to tie him down for anything.

350 from shock therapy is pretty much the range any of them are going to charge, so if that hurts break out them tools and start watching YouTube, lol

Constant840

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I spoke with DC yesterday. They were in the same price range, if they could do it. I guess being off of an ATV, they may not have all of the seals necessary.
I'm going to pull them off and take one apart tomorrow, then decide from there.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I spoke with DC yesterday. They were in the same price range, if they could do it. I guess being off of an ATV, they may not have all of the seals necessary.
I'm going to pull them off and take one apart tomorrow, then decide from there.

Shocks are shocks. :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RaceTech.com

Call and see if Todd is still there. He owned and operated TCS shocks for years till RaceTech wanted him to come back to them. He is the man on quad shocks. I was a dealer for his shit for years and sold tons of his stuff.

He is good...

Constant840

Reaction score
Update. I ordered seal kits, new bump stops, oil (2.5wt up front, 5wt in the rear) and a nitrogen fill tool (basically a hypodermic needle with a schrader valve on the end). The tool was cheaper than swapping to Schrader valves all around. I'm in the rebuilds about $80.
I took my time and had some frustrating missteps. Over the course of a couple weeks I ended up with about 10 hours in the three shocks, which has to be more than the learning curve allows.
Took the quad out to Glamis this weekend and filled the nitrogen from a friends tank. 150psi up front, 200psi in the rear (rebuild sheet called for 300psi, but that seems crazy to me).

Shocks feel great. I haven't ridden a quad in the dunes in about 10 years. This weekend I was the only person on a quad and kept up with the Rails and Rzrs.