WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Audio roofs

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ok, im off the wheels and tires need for now.
After the weekend i really realized i need more volume.
Can am and rockford have a new roof. It has 4 full range 8" and 400 RMS and 800 peak watt amp. No idea what RMS is. Built in rockford control, lights etc.
Has anyone heard or seen one? Only been out a few months. Plug and play, one hot wire. I know it doesn't help center of gravity. I have a 20lb sound bar now and the aluminum roof at about 30lbs, maybe less. So im guessing im adding 50lbs total.
Audio formz makes versions also, i like the idea the cam am version is sold only by can am.

How bad will it kill my battery? I trickle charge it all the time. Will it play a hour at least with engine off?
I dont doubt it will be loud
Screenshot_20191216-195806_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191216-195806_Chrome.jpg

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Audio formz make a nice piece as well. Just 2 wires, a positive and a ground. They will even incorporate a backup camera which is awesome when the rear view mirror gets blocked by a tire. While they sound great I am not a fan of adding weight up top when these things actually get ran hard. How is your aluminum top 30 pounds for a 2 seater???

Reactions: DWC

riverroyal

Reaction score
I dont know if its 30. Prob 20 or less really.
I was surprised how many utv i saw with racks on top last weekend.
I aleady have the can am spare tire holder and can am jack up high. That damn jack is crazy heavy

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Haven’t heard the new set up yet. I did the Rockford stage 5 with the 2 subs. Gets the job done.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Thats a nice set up. Did you install yourself?

It’s all pretty much plug and play. I’ve been a Rockford fanatic for years though and have done all my own installs so this was a little weird not having to really do much. It’s still a little time consuming swapping shit out but not complex.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Extra battery or running just one?
3 or 4 hour install?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Extra battery or running just one?
3 or 4 hour install?

running a single but plan to add the second. Closer to 4 -5 but also ran the wires for dual whips and added a couple of USB ports for charging

riverroyal

Reaction score
How long can you run it with motor off? That stage 5 is pulling more power than the roof by quite a bit
2 subs

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I still have it on the auto off after 5 min until I add the second battery. However I have re hit the acc button several times without issue. The second battery kit is about 2 bills with the battery and isolator.

if you go that route just an FYI they actually have 2 different kits. One is an older design with up firing subs and the newer kit has down firing. The older kit won’t work on 2019 and up because of the brake line on the passenger side. The newer kit will work on all x3 models.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
26831389-E166-45FE-9B9E-B9FA5F733D8E.jpeg
Also 1 of the USB ports is also voltage meter I used that one so I have a visual on the voltage just in case. It also has 2 ports for charging.

Icky

Reaction score
Do you have head sets? I would start there and run the music through them while your driving.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
There was someone at the show in Havasu last month with three X3’s on display with that Rockford roof deal, i was amazed how insaoloud yet crisp and clean it was. I’ve ran a few miles in the dirt and I’m not claiming to be an expert but that added weight after two rides you’ll never notice it again. I have a 35” tire, jack, and two action packer’s of spare parts and tools on my roof rack.

riverroyal

Reaction score
No headsets for me. If only did long rides with groups then yes. Im typically only with one other car.
I prefer loud music.

DWC

Reaction score
No headsets for me. If only did long rides with groups then yes. Im typically only with one other car.
I prefer loud music.
Tough to argue a great sound system. Nothing better than a crisp, clear system.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The only thing better is a 150 lb lighter car. :)
True. Weight is gonna happen. Maybe I should lose a few pounds to make up some added
After many calls, audio formz roofs are wayyyy back ordered. Nobody has heard the can am Rockford one yet
It’s 4 speakers at 8”. All rock ford parts. Gotta be good right

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
True. Weight is gonna happen. Maybe I should lose a few pounds to make up some added
After many calls, audio formz roofs are wayyyy back ordered. Nobody has heard the can am Rockford one yet
It’s 4 speakers at 8”. All rock ford parts. Gotta be good right

What do you have in there now, just curious?

When I was looking at stereos for mine, some of the bluetooth soundbars sounded pretty good. Not as good as what you are looking at, but you can run them off a single battery for an hour and not really worry about it either.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think RMS is the equivalent to baseline torque. At "idle" there is a set amount, your lowest output. Peak is usually what gets printed on the amps:)

DLC

Reaction score
I have the Audio Formz top for my 4 seater, I think it’s a level 3 or 4 ( only 1 woofer, 2amps) and it works really well, I haven’t really sat and listened to tunes on a ride but I do have 2 batteries on a perko A/B switch.

I was thinking about adding a couple more speakers on the dash next time it goes over to Wired for Sound.

riverroyal

Reaction score
What do you have in there now, just curious?

When I was looking at stereos for mine, some of the bluetooth soundbars sounded pretty good. Not as good as what you are looking at, but you can run them off a single battery for an hour and not really worry about it either.
My sound bar is a powerbass XL800. Loud as hell. I will find a few pics. Wanna buy it? Pretty new