WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Austin Texas BBQ

teded

Reaction score
IMG_0348.jpg who's been

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I want to go to Austin for no other reason than to try franklins. No idea what else I would do on the trip. Haha.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
I have been wanting to take a trip for a while... Maybe this fall sometime.

Ryph

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Skip the line at Franklin and go to straight to LaBarbeque, order a pound of brisket, and enjoy. I get emotional just thinking about it. So damn good!

teded

Reaction score
Skip the line at Franklin and go to straight to LaBarbeque, order a pound of brisket, and enjoy. I get emotional just thinking about it. So damn good!

Went there yesterday. Good stuff

jones performance

Reaction score
franklins is worth the wait. my partner on the our bbq team went there recently. even got a tour of the smokers.

rrrr

Reaction score
Pfffft....

Drive 40 miles to Lockhart and take your pick of great BBQ joints.

Franklin's is for city boys. :D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Pfffft....

Drive 40 miles to Lockhart and take your pick of great BBQ joints.

Franklin's is for city boys. :D

Ever been to Snow's?

They made No 1 in the link I posted for a reason......:D

I know a few hole in the walls that open a couple days a week or when they feel like it. Close when they sell out. And when they open off schedule it's just uncanny how the word spreads and they sell out same as normal days. Most just sell meat, maybe cole slaw and tater salad as sides. Some have fried fresh okra or fresh corn on the cob. But all have great pit BBQ.:thumbsup:thumbsup

73hondo

Reaction score
Anyone who comes to town feel free to PM me and I will buy some BBQ and drinks... been here my whole life and can show you the good bad and ugly :) IN my opinion people are trying to hard with BBQ deal, and at the level they are producing now you can find a bad place, even the chain's produce pretty good Q to compete.... But between Tito's, Meat, and fine women we got the market cornered !! :champagne:

sirbob

Reaction score
I can't stand BBQ...

Memphis
KC
TX
etc.

They all say they have the best.

My idea of a good BBQ is trowing a nice Filet Mignon on a really hot grill !

(and yes I have tried almost all the ones listed here - i used to live in Austin)

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
My idea of BBQ is meat cooked with a sauce or dry rub, but I'm from the Deep South. I prefer a thin spicy sauce with a hint of citrus.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I can't stand BBQ...

Memphis
KC
TX
etc.

They all say they have the best.

My idea of a good BBQ is trowing a nice Filet Mignon on a really hot grill !

(and yes I have tried almost all the ones listed here - i used to live in Austin)

Daughter and SiL have a BBQ place. He often does prime rib on the pit. This you would like. Rare prime rib with a small smoke ring and crusty outside. The juices are unreal and it's tender as hell.:thumbsup

If you've tried that many, you must have ate a lot of BBQ to hate it.:D

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Daughter and SiL have a BBQ place. He often does prime rib on the pit. This you would like. Rare prime rib with a small smoke ring and crusty outside. The juices are unreal and it's tender as hell.:thumbsup
Have him do a bacon wrapped prime rib.

sirbob

Reaction score

That I would like !

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I just moved to Texas 6 months ago and I use to think all BBQ was good until i moved here. People take BBQ really serious in Texas. At the Houston Rodeo over 250 teams from all over the world came to Houston for the World BBQ cook off. I mean this is some different level cooking and partying. Imagine RDP booth (music, booze stages ect) at desert storm but 250 of those and everyone serving there own BBQ to all there friends and families. I was shocked how much money people spent on this event.

I have been to the big names in Austin and Houston. Gatlin's BBQ in Houston has been my favorite but all of the places on that list are pretty amazing.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I just moved to Texas 6 months ago and I use to think all BBQ was good until i moved here. People take BBQ really serious in Texas. At the Houston Rodeo over 250 teams from all over the world came to Houston for the World BBQ cook off. I mean this is some different level cooking and partying. Imagine RDP booth (music, booze stages ect) at desert storm but 250 of those and everyone serving there own BBQ to all there friends and families. I was shocked how much money people spent on this event.

I have been to the big names in Austin and Houston. Gatlin's BBQ in Houston has been my favorite but all of the places on that list are pretty amazing.

The thing about the cookoffs, is all the side dishes these teams come up with.....So many varieties of Jalepeno Poppers, seafood, frog legs, and who knows how many desserts. It's crazy.:D

Many teams are several generations old.

Joker

Reaction score
They are big. Was just there on Monday. Had the best brisket I’ve ever had there.

Beef rib.
View attachment 698027

It’s so easy to get one of everything as you roll through the line, eating everything is a challenge in itself but it all looked so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
It’s so easy to get one of everything as you roll through the line, eating everything is a challenge in itself but it all looked so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a pound of brisket (cause 2 slices didn’t look like enough) only, and should have got little less but, I did finish it.

Will try the beef rib next. Might have a job there first part of 19’ so l’ll have to try some other places if we do.

F1C0FB18-AA0F-45E1-82FE-D7CA3525D991.jpeg