WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

auto fold up truck steps. which ones?

Sherpa

Reaction score
I'm considering installing fold up steps on my 2018 ram 3500. it's pretty tall for the wife to get into.

what brands does the RPD crowd recommend?

--Sherpa

Icky

Reaction score
I have the old man steps that came on the Laramie, protects against door dings

Riverryder

Reaction score
If you are thinkin steps get some that are always there. Protect the door and less electronics (you have a dodge last thing you want is something else to go wrong..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I would just place a hand in a strategic position on/in her ass to help with the embarking effort...much more enjoyable for both parties than some shitty automatic steps.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
AMP. Never met someone who was displeased with them. Their failure rate seems to be VERY low also.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

rvrrun

Reaction score
AMP’s have been on my truck for 5 years and no problems. I don’t know about your truck but they had two kits for the Ford. One plugged into the OBD port and the other tapped into the door triggers. I did the hardwired version and installation was a snap. They also hang lower when deployed than the stock, fixed boards.

hawgty55

Reaction score
So obviously amp is the go to the for the steps I have them on one truck. Contemplating putting them on my other pick up.

Question is has anybody installed them themselves?

D19

Reaction score
So obviously amp is the go to the for the steps I have them on one truck. Contemplating putting them on my other pick up.

Ya pretty easy.

rvrrun

Reaction score

It was stupid easy for me but I build cars. I would be willing to bet there’s a YouTube video for every application, watch it a couple of times and you’ll be fine.

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the steps the rbp makes??? I think they have motors on both sides and hold more weight for us fat guys.. Lol..

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

I’ve done a few sets. Just follow the directions/steps and it’s not the end of the world. The OBDII hook up is a lot easier.

My new Ford came with factory ones, I know GM and Dodge also come equipped with factory ones. Not sure if Amp makes them or not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigmutha

Reaction score
Chris (Rvrkid) from HTW Motorsports put Amp steps on my new Ram Monday. They did an awesome job, very pleased! Thanks Chris!

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I’m surprised no one here has mentioned AMP steps :cool:

Second truck I’ve had them on. Clean, reliable, functional👍

JFMFG

Reaction score
Amp steps super easy to install

McKay

Reaction score
Amp dual motor if you can get them for your model. And don’t lube them unless you want problems.

Sherpa

Reaction score
It appears that quality does in fact cost. AMP is pretty proud of their steps.... however I knew I would get good recommendations from RDP crew,
and I like good stuff as opposed to cheap crap........ either way, I'll go with AMP. self-install of course. looks like a 6 beer job. (per side) lol.

and noticing Amazon sells and ships these, I get my employee discount. woohoo. $100 max off... better than a handfull of sand in the face.

--thanks for all the referals!

--Sher[a