WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Auto Insurance Crap.....

Dbroncos

Reaction score
So the wife was rearranged Thursday night sitting at a red light on Foothill and Haven in Rancho. It was dark and she was a little shaken up so the light went to green and she pulled into a parking lot with surprisingly nobody following her. No witnesses or second vehicle. File a claim with insurance and was told that if the second vehicle or a witness pulled over even if the other car had no insurance we would not be responsible of the deductible but since we could not prove the wife didn't put her car in reverse and back up into the other car we had to pay. what crap, they get you coming and going. First ever claim with insurance and we are in our forties.....

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Their seems to be no oversight on insurance companies , they seem to do as they please . Years ago , Ca had an insurance commissioner , but he turned out to be as corrupt as the day is long ...what a shocker .

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Not surprised. I hit some boxes many years ago that fell off a truck. The insurance company told me that if the boxed hit the ground first than it would be on my collision portion of the insurance and if they hit my car without hitting the ground first than it would be on my comprehensive portion of the insurance.

So the wife was rearranged Thursday night sitting at a red light on Foothill and Haven in Rancho. It was dark and she was a little shaken up so the light went to green and she pulled into a parking lot with surprisingly nobody following her. No witnesses or second vehicle. File a claim with insurance and was told that if the second vehicle or a witness pulled over even if the other car had no insurance we would not be responsible of the deductible but since we could not prove the wife didn't put her car in reverse and back up into the other car we had to pay. what crap, they get you coming and going. First ever claim with insurance and we are in our forties.....

One2go

Reaction score
From the agents that broker it to the companies that offer it,there all in it for the all mighty buck.Which normally I'm fine with as there a business and need to make money. However they will look at any and all ways to get out of covering there customers when shit hits the fan.They have to pay for these massive campaigns on television,FLO,Arron Rodgers and so forth so they market the shit out of there company and what consumer buys insurance because they saw a talking lizard on a 30 second tv spot. There making HUGE profits at the consumers expense. I pay commercial policy (18k)that went up 23%in one year, why I asked ?.Agent said because there exposer is greater in Ca than its ever been so pass that on to consumers.Makes since because there not going to lower there profit margin.

JD D05

Reaction score
First off cheaper insurance companies are cheap for this reason. People will leave companies for a tiny difference in premium....they are not all same. Not saying that happened here. Also what would premiums be if everyone who claimed to be in accident who weren't had the claim paid? Shit sux but it really isn't the companies fault you got hit by a shitty human.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Standard protocol for all carriers were there isn't a second party or witnesses.

Sorry to hear that someone hit and ran her.:(

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Did you file a police report?

Also, it's shocking how much of the world is under video surveillance...There may have been some traffic cams that picked up the accident, and you might go talk to the managers of business by the intersection to see if they have any cameras that might have picked up something.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Not surprised. I hit some boxes many years ago that fell off a truck. The insurance company told me that if the boxed hit the ground first than it would be on my collision portion of the insurance and if they hit my car without hitting the ground first than it would be on my comprehensive portion of the insurance.
I’ve been told by an insurance insider that whatever you may hit, it WAS flying through the air. You never hit an object sitting in the road.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Got a mirror clipped off on a bridge in the delta this fall. The (guessing illegal) Latino woman driving the other vehicle just hammered it an ran. She crowded onto the bridge and I was just stopped waiting for her to pass in the middle of the bridge as I was in my truck with cabover and extended mirrors. Tight as I could get to one side..... On a narrow bridge you are supposed to wait for large vehicle on the bridge to clear. There are actually signs on many of them directly stating this.

BajaT

Reaction score
Imagine the cost of insurance if you could always just say a hit and run driver caused the damages. Sucks, but uninsured motorist coverage is for times when an uninsured motorist causes damage to your vehicle. Hit and run is a crime, but if you cannot prove they had no insurance, uninsured motorist coverage does not apply and you get to eat your deductible...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I believe that your Insurance is as GOOD as your Agent. When you buy Cheap on line,all's good until it isn't.

So an insurance broker making money off you in a unregulated shady industry = good.

Mortgage broker making money off you in an unregulated shady industry = bad.

I think I get it now.

Reactions: DLC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So an insurance broker making money off you in a unregulated shady industry = good.

I think I get it now.

I don't know how to reply to someone who know's it all?😲 :rolleyes:

JD D05

Reaction score

I think I get it now.

For the most part consumers pay the same premium with or without a broker. Usually the reason they don't is because they don't understand and under insure themselves. But there is no doubt a good agent etc can help with claims sometimes.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
For the most part consumers pay the same premium with or without a broker. Usually the reason they don't is because they don't understand and under insure themselves. But there is no doubt a good agent etc can help with claims sometimes.

Agreed. Same is true for a mortgage broker.. or the broker of anything - a good one is helpful, that is why they exist.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Their seems to be no oversight on insurance companies , they seem to do as they please . Years ago , Ca had an insurance commissioner , but he turned out to be as corrupt as the day is long ...what a shocker .
I agree seems like a legalized Ponzi scheme to me. Funny how these companies put in for rate increases due to loss etc but have loads of money for employee bonuses and lavish parties etc then when someone goes to file a claim they find anyway to try and get out of paying.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’ve been told by an insurance insider that whatever you may hit, it WAS flying through the air. You never hit an object sitting in the road.

ecactly. My wife is in the insurance industry.

never say I hit some boxes on the road.

you say the boxes fell off a truck and hit me.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
One of the first things I was told when we moved to Oregon years ago was you din't hit that deer, it hit you!!!

84miller

Reaction score
I have not done it myself, but plan too....install a gopro, or video system, they are not that expensive. There are so many accidents that are your word against the other driver's word. I have had so many times had someone cut in front of me and hit their brakes as an example, pretty sure if I hit the driver I would be at fault. Anyway, sorry what happened to your wife, don't want to add more to the issue but besides paying the deductible your insurance will more than likely go up...sorry we live in a world where responsible people are not believed.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
good thing is she is only sore no serious injury. We have mercury for auto and home, they seem to be a decent company. Checked the area for cameras and only found what i am told are LPR cameras. Since no serious injury and only a misd crime they don't check cameras or do follow up investigations. At least mercury and the body shop are handling the repairs in a timely manner.