WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Auto Transport

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an auto transport company that will go for California to South Carolina? I hear a lot of horror stories and how people are charged more upon delivery and such. I’ve priced a few and its looking like it will be the same or cheaper to have someone transport vs. me renting a trailer and towing it. Thanks.

Groper

Reaction score
Just had a car delivered from Rode Island to Ca. for $2k enclosed semi-trailer, these guys were great with good communication the whole way.
Took about 3days.

TROY CAR Inc.
Their out of Joizy so the talk funny.
973-808-8769

BAS

Reaction score
I can help you, I own a transport company and brokerage. Feel free to reach out to me with details. Txt me at 949:697:4445 and I’ll get back to you.

petie6464

Reaction score
Just remember these auto shipper brokers are not asset based typically, in other words they don't own any trucks.

You pay them a fee, the sell the load (your cars transportation) to the cheapest car hauler they can find, thus making them the best profit.

Find an owner operator if possible and cut out the middle man and the trash they will put your car on.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
213 361 4839
this guy did my daughters Honda from Ca to North Carolina for like 700 range
zero issues, parked his rig near freeway, texted when he got there. I drove over and watched it get loaded on. 4 days later he texted my daughter where to meet to offload. No problems no damages easy peasy

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just remember these auto shipper brokers are not asset based typically, in other words they don't own any trucks.

You pay them a fee, the sell the load (your cars transportation) to the cheapest car hauler they can find, thus making them the best profit.

Find an owner operator if possible and cut out the middle man and the trash they will put your car on.
My friend Tim Weig (motoshippers.com) is an owner/operator.

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
213 361 4839
this guy did my daughters Honda from Ca to North Carolina for like 700 range
zero issues, parked his rig near freeway, texted when he got there. I drove over and watched it get loaded on. 4 days later he texted my daughter where to meet to offload. No problems no damages easy peasy
Excellent, thanks. It’s crazy, I was going to just rent a trailer from Uhaul and tow it myself. But apparently, Uhaul isn’t allowing anymore of their trucks or equipment to leave California because no one is bringing anything back due to mass exodus. 🤣 Kind of sad, Uhaul a 75 year old company could be wiped clean from California.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks. It’s crazy, I was going to just rent a trailer from Uhaul and tow it myself. But apparently, Uhaul isn’t allowing anymore of their trucks or equipment to leave California because no one is bringing anything back due to mass exodus. 🤣 Kind of sad, Uhaul a 75 year old company could be wiped clean from California.

Buy a car trailer and sell it when you get there

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I got a quote to move my 6x12 empty cargo trailer from Texas to CA for $4,000.

Thought that was way out of line.
1400 miles one way, thats 1300 in diesel alone, plus the guy needs to pay for the truck, trailer, comm insurance, FMSCA inspections, medicals, DEF, food, shelter, and still make a living. Welcome to 6 dollar diesel.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
1400 miles one way, thats 1300 in diesel alone, plus the guy needs to pay for the truck, trailer, comm insurance, FMSCA inspections, medicals, DEF, food, shelter, and still make a living. Welcome to 6 dollar diesel.
More like 700-900 in fuel but ok. $3000 profit before expenses in 24hrs is pretty spectacular.

Not to mention they were dead heading anyway.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
More like 700-900 in fuel but ok. $3000 profit before expenses in 24hrs is pretty spectacular.

That might be your "Calling"🤔 Get into the Auto Transport Business!!

A Thought. The Grass, at times, Looks much greener on the "Other Side Of The Fence";)

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Huge Shout Out to Tim at motorshippers.com and Lake Havasu own Parker’s Expedited Delivery LLC for delivering my car from Porterville California to Mesa today.

Glad to hear my friend Tim Weig has another satisfied customer. A very nice guy and a military vet.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Didn’t realize this was an old thread ~ but wanted to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to Jeff @ Outlaw Transport. His team brought a 40’ 5th wheel in from New Braunfels to Woodcrest for us a few months back. He was great to work with as was his driver Tommy. Great communication the whole way. Diesel prices were just starting to rise yet he honored his pricing. Licensed, bonded & insured and you’re sent the app to track your drivers location.

Was great and highly recommend.

“Lucky’ Wife”

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

LOL, i work in this industy, its not 900 dollars in fuel for a semi, no way shape or form, and people dont work for free.

You also forget that is the cost for a one way trip, very few people live where you want your shit sent too, they still need to get back, yeah its cool if you can get a back haul, but sometimes that doesnt work out the full trip or even parts or it. So if you want to be real techically about it, its 3000 dollars in fuel for round trip.

Cdog

Reaction score
Anyone running from ft Lauderdale to Scottsdale AZ? I have a 02 3 series bmw I need shipped out from FL at my sisters place.

Open trailer cheapest option preferred. Definitely willing to wait a while for better pricing

boatpi

Reaction score
Auto shipping is so expensive nowadays across the country sometimes you’re better off selling your car and buying another one locally

CLdrinker

Reaction score
LOL, i work in this industy, its not 900 dollars in fuel for a semi, no way shape or form, and people dont work for free.

You also forget that is the cost for a one way trip, very few people live where you want your shit sent too, they still need to get back, yeah its cool if you can get a back haul, but sometimes that doesnt work out the full trip or even parts or it. So if you want to be real techically about it, its 3000 dollars in fuel for round trip.

Why do you think you know all the facts?

It was not a semi. Believe it was one of the baby frieghtliners or a Ram3500. They company was coming back to AZ empty and it’s a west coast company. So he was driving on his dime already.

So if you think he wasn’t making money that’s cool explain to me how he made money coming home empty.

You know everything so this should be easy for you.

200 gallons at $5.50 is $1,100 in fuel. That’s 7mpg. If you can’t get 7mpg towing 1500lbs you have some issues.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Why do you think you know all the facts?

It was not a semi. Believe it was one of the baby frieghtliners or a Ram3500. They company was coming back to AZ empty and it’s a west coast company. So he was driving on his dime already.

So if you think he wasn’t making money that’s cool explain to me how he made money coming home empty.

You know everything so this should be easy for you.

200 gallons at $5.50 is $1,100 in fuel. That’s 7mpg. If you can’t get 7mpg towing 1500lbs you have some issues.

Glad you know how trucking works. Good luck