WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Autobody shops??

the510

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good paint shop specifically for restorations in the Los Angeles/Orange county area?? looking to get some work done on an old project of mine.

AJ13

Reaction score
I found it was hard to find a body show that would work on my old Jeep I am building. Most of them just want the auto insurance claims and its quick and fast money. I went to 5 body shops before I found one that would even give me a bid. Then I a friend told me about a body shop he worked at. So I took it there to get all the work done. They quoted me 6 weeks and I got it back 7 months later. So I would really look into the body shop you pick.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
If your looking for something that is a cut above Maico but wont break the bank then Crook Bros. in Downey can do you a good job. If your looking for top notch custom then Lanzini in HB is where I would go.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
My truck is currently at Elite Auto Body in El Monte (I got t-boned). They did another car for me, color matched all the plastic on my 2500 HD and recently did work for my brother's gf. The shop is owned by 3 brothers who are all very cool, professional and do quality work.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
JM designs here on the boards, Jim, 951 852 9183, not sure of website but he's on FB and does some pretty cool stuff!
Also
JRF in bellflower, Danny, 562 925 8913, he has 2 shops one for regular work, and one for classics and bad assery stuff, friend of mine, him and Kelly & son the crazy painters in bellflower used to do all my show trucks many years back

nowski

Reaction score
When you go to car shows all your resources are right in front of you all you have to do is ask any owner and they'll gladly point you in the right direction. Just my .02 cents...

wishiknew

Reaction score
My truck is currently at Elite Auto Body in El Monte (I got t-boned). They did another car for me, color matched all the plastic on my 2500 HD and recently did work for my brother's gf. The shop is owned by 3 brothers who are all very cool, professional and do quality work.

so your like your buddy crash a matic LOL

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Detroit Auto Body in Covina. Family biz, river guy owner. They've done a few jobs for me, all top notch.

rcmike

Reaction score
We use Gongora's body and paint in Pomona for all of out restoration work. Great work and fair prices. Old school car guy, great to work with.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
We use Gongora's body and paint in Pomona for all of out restoration work. Great work and fair prices. Old school car guy, great to work with.

Gongoras is cool old school dude!! Dave if I remember right ( the dad ) if he's still around used to ride Harley's with one of my best friends dad growing up. We used to go to his house up in the hills in Pomona above the fair grounds. Nice place, bad ass Harley collection, and ho lee fuk can those old bikers party :champagne:

rcmike

Reaction score
Gongoras is cool old school dude!! Dave if I remember right ( the dad ) if he's still around used to ride Harley's with one of my best friends dad growing up. We used to go to his house up in the hills in Pomona above the fair grounds. Nice place, bad ass Harley collection, and ho lee fuk can those old bikers party :champagne:

Dave still runs it, and still lives up the hill.. Really good guy!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
We have been using them a lot lately. Our fleet of vehicles has been taking a beating the last couple months [emoji107]

View attachment 522758

View attachment 522759

View attachment 522760

Ahhhh.... the cost of doing business. :D I'd lose my hair with all that liability rolling the streets. They always seem to come in spurts too. When I was managing a fleet, there were times when all was good, then bam...one after the other after another. Shit I had two body shops on my list so I could have quick turn around. You guys should look into some driver training for your guys. We use Smith training at work. Definitely creates an awareness.