WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AutoNation Rant

attitude

Reaction score
If you want the car, deal with the dealership that has their hands on it.

If it’s a matter of getting them paid I’m sure they will direct you on what you need to do.

A plane ticket up there could be worth it as well. Then again I think you said the GF is due any day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We tried that yesterday morning but Porsche claimed it sold that morning.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So.... sold to you or someone else?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just got back from Tustin Ford, I talked to the sales manager Peter who was in charge of the deal. He claimed Nick was never told he could not send me any documents, but all the documents with signatures have been shredded already, seems very convenient. Peter is a typical slimy salesman, I didn’t like him from the time I met him Friday so I am not surprised.

At this point the car is sold it’s now just about making these slimy people get their ass handed to them.

Not gonna happen.

Time to stop the bleeding and move on.

Lesson learned? Never deal with anyone that doesn't have the car in their hand.

You'll probably find something better. 😊

hallett21

Reaction score
Hope you find something better. I believe it all happens for a reason.

If the next one is the one then go get it

There’s a reason this one didn’t work out. Don’t sweat it.

attitude

Reaction score
I’ve already have some feelers out, it seems buying a car out of state will be the way to go. Ca cars are overpriced for the most part.

attitude

Reaction score
Not gonna happen.

Time to stop the bleeding and move on.

Lesson learned? Never deal with anyone that doesn't have the car in their hand.

You'll probably find something better. 😊
We already have everything typed up so might as well send it out. Figures this is the first time I bought a car without negotiating and this is what happens lol!

attitude

Reaction score
How difficult is shipping a car? I’m sure I will need to arrange it my self. Is about a dollar a mile the standard price?

attitude

Reaction score
Hahaha. Good look with that. They’re a fucking car dealership. Get over it.
I must have missed the part in life where that excuses them from all wrong doings🙄 If I had that attitude I wouldn’t of found who did a hit and run on my corvette or been paid for loss of value on the accident, but guess what I did both…

attitude

Reaction score
last time I looked into it, it was cheaper to fly and drive it home myself over a weekend vs. having it shipped (enclosed).
If it was a garage queen I would go the enclosed route but it being a daily driver I’m fine with an open trailer. I have a new baby due in Tuesday so flying out is a no go.

attitude

Reaction score
From what I’ve been seeing, it’s 50/50 on whether or not the major dealerships will handle the shipping for you & include it into the price of the vehicle, on an open carrier. If they don’t handle shipping, they will typically give you a referral. I’m currently in search of a Focus RS & in the same boat as you, as far as looking out of state.... I’d prefer not to & I’d rather see it first, but they’re impossible to find.

I recently got two shipping quotes. $750 to go from a GMC Dealer in NorCal to my home in SoCal & $1800 to go from Autonation Ford in Frisco TX to me in OC.

So, let’s say you find the vehicle you like, but it’s more than 1000-2000 miles away? Maybe it’s priced 3k less vs. CA, however after shipping fees & a trip to the CA DMV for an emissions inspection & registration, did you really save anything? It’s probably a wash-out, however maybe you got the color you wanted & with lower mileage.....

Another thing to think about also is that the transport driver has a schedule to stick to, so if you’re at work or work long hours, you have to either use a sick day, personal or whatever to be available on the day the vehicle arrives & maybe be available for some phone calls at inconvenient times of the day.....

Lastly, do you really want to buy a used vehicle sight unseen? I know I struggle with it, especially since we are all overpaying right now..... I’d say the less mileage the better, to ensure that the paint & body are in pristine condition....... High mileage? I’d say buyer beware & hopefully they’re honest with you through a FaceTime & showing you any dents or dings, a damage report or anything on the Carfax.

Focus RSs are great cars, I’ve had a few buddies with both STs and RSs good luck on your search!

I’m finding cars out of state that are about 5k cheaper than in CA. With as good as camera phone are now a days I’m pretty confident I could spot most of the flaws in a vehicle, I did forget about the DMV emissions part though. If I could save 3-4k and find the exact spec I want I’m willing to take the risk.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I just want to see what a Tahoe looks like that is worth this much trouble.

Does this fucking thing have an automatic blowjob device in the center console or what.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I just want to see what a Tahoe looks like that is worth this much trouble.

Does this fucking thing have an automatic blowjob device in the center console or what.
They have front and rear 😁

Singleton

Reaction score
Focus RSs are great cars, I’ve had a few buddies with both STs and RSs good luck on your search!

I’m finding cars out of state that are about 5k cheaper than in CA. With as good as camera phone are now a days I’m pretty confident I could spot most of the flaws in a vehicle, I did forget about the DMV emissions part though. If I could save 3-4k and find the exact spec I want I’m willing to take the risk.

Pics are never taken from underneath.
Mid-west / east coasts cars - rust from those areas still using slat plays a factor in price. Southern states - flooding.
I am all about saving $$, have you looked into a car broker. They find you what you want for a %.

attitude

Reaction score
In you contact an out of state dealership, before you sign anything, make sure they send you the CA. emissions compliant sticker under the hood....

This one is what you want to see.

View attachment 1046034

You don’t want to see this.... although most newer vehicles these days are 50 states emissions.....

Glad I didn’t buy this ‘16 Focus ST in TX. The sales guy was shocked when he sent me this picture.

View attachment 1046035

Thank you for the info, I will be sure to do so!

attitude

Reaction score
Pics are never taken from underneath.
Mid-west / east coasts cars - rust from those areas still using slat plays a factor in price. Southern states - flooding.
I am all about saving $$, have you looked into a car broker. They find you what you want for a %.
I’m trying to choose state that don’t snow or don’t salt the roads, I found one in Texas and one in Florida so far. I have a buddy who has a dealer license who has been monitoring auctions the past couple weeks but inventory is low.

240Hallett

Reaction score
I’m trying to choose state that don’t snow or don’t salt the roads, I found one in Texas and one in Florida so far. I have a buddy who has a dealer license who has been monitoring auctions the past couple weeks but inventory is low.
Is there a risk of flood damage in Texas?

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I must have missed the part in life where that excuses them from all wrong doings🙄 If I had that attitude I wouldn’t of found who did a hit and run on my corvette or been paid for loss of value on the accident, but guess what I did both…
That’s the same as this how??

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
In January I had two weeks to get a Yukon for the wife, I had been following vehicles on line for a month. I was going to fly in and go Dealer to Dealer until I found what we wanted. I was going to travel to Phoenix, then Vegas, sown to San Diego aNd NorCal if needed. Turned out that I ended up getting our Denali on the second day. There were a lot of Yukons at the time. I can dig up the sites if you need them. Just let me know.

attitude

Reaction score
In January I had two weeks to get a Yukon for the wife, I had been following vehicles on line for a month. I was going to fly in and go Dealer to Dealer until I found what we wanted. I was going to travel to Phoenix, then Vegas, sown to San Diego aNd NorCal if needed. Turned out that I ended up getting our Denali on the second day. There were a lot of Yukons at the time. I can dig up the sites if you need them. Just let me know.
I appreciate the offer, I’ve been on every site I could possibly find I’ve even typed in what we are looking for on google and gone there each dealer add.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Had this happen twice to me. If you get in heavy talks with a dealer and you don't close, they tend to lock up the vehicle to dealer trades, thinking you'll hi back and kiss their ass.
Strange times. When I bought my tt, they wouldn't accept my offer unless I financed it through them. I guess cash and its kingdomship are dying.