WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Average cost to build a pool...?

Brobee

Reaction score
IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

54k Havasu build completed October 2020. 90ish linear feet, waterfall, two tables, raised seating area, and 1000sqft of travertine pavers.

Ca prices are almost double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbean20

Reaction score
Pools, love ‘em or hate ‘em. We’re about to spend $45k to replace the concrete deck area on this one, with Porcelain tiles and travertine for the pool coping and around the outside border. Plus a hot tub, accent lighting and a few more nick nacks.

10k gallon fiberglass, salt water. Very low maintenance.

This is Boulder, CO. No number thrown around in this thread surprises me. We use ours fairly often but it’s really about the joy of watching our family using it. A popular destination in the hot CO summers.
1BBEA648-1421-44F6-AC9E-8D0342BF7462.png

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Love and use ours almost daily as well in summer and like you 3 times a week in the spa. Spend about an hour a week between brushing vacuuming and checking chemicals. Our pool sweep lasted 20 years with very minimal repairs. Rubber wheels maybe a belt. Our pool store doesn’t charge us for labor just parts. Wouldn’t have a home without one.
Covid was a whole new issue. Morning drinks cause. Why not. When your morning jacuzzi’n. Put on the covid 40 lbs. is a down side though. Lol

Man, I'm with you! We go out in the morning and have coffee and after a hard work out or after work we jump in. We couldn't imagine our life without one. Feels like we are on vacation every day. Plus it looks so cool! Even the kitties enjoy it!
20210411_200057.jpg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Man, I'm with you! We go out in the morning and have coffee and after a hard work out or after work we jump in. We couldn't imagine our life without one. Feels like we are on vacation every day. Plus it looks so cool! Even the kitties enjoy it! View attachment 1013333

We are not ballers by any means. Not even close. This is our little oasis we built for us. And love to share when people come over. It’s our vacation away every day Can’t imagine not having one. Side note. The dog will not go in with us. But if company is over. She’s all over getting in the pool. Still don’t understand that one. Lol

grumpy88

Reaction score
Man, I'm with you! We go out in the morning and have coffee and after a hard work out or after work we jump in. We couldn't imagine our life without one. Feels like we are on vacation every day. Plus it looks so cool! Even the kitties enjoy it! View attachment 1013333
Your house looks amazing . I was up at the country club last week and i cant belieave how nice it was in lake las vegas

FishSniper

Reaction score
Salt is the only way to go, even in Havasu when the pool builders say it’s not a good idea.

Can’t imagine living in Havasu without a pool, allows you to avoid the lake on weekends and holidays, winters in the hot tub nightly are our norm as well.
This is what we’ve been doing and why the boat hadn’t been out in awhile till last Friday. Haven’t felt like fighting the weekend crowds so have just been hanging in the pool. Very glad we pulled the trigger on the build when we did.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I fuckin hate my pool!! Don’t do it!!

It came with the house I bought. The twat I was married to at the time said to fill it with dirt. I should have listened to her. I’m cleaning it daily and twice a week I’m buying something for it. Chlorine, acid, stain remover, tile brush, parts for the damn pool sweep that’s always twisted in a knot. It easily costs $100-$200 a month on electricity and pool chemicals.

My dog uses it more than anyone else.
Wow, your life sucks! Glass half full much? 😔

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Your house looks amazing . I was up at the country club last week and i cant belieave how nice it was in lake las vegas

You're too kind. It's just a tract home. Hit me up next time you're out here.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Asking how much a pool build costs is like asking how much it costs to buy a boat. You need to include some details on what you want. A boat can cost $5k or $5m and up. I would think a bare bones pool is around $30k but can easily go above $100k without adding too many upgrades.

I will say to stay away from the pentair globrite lights. I built my pool 4 years ago and wanted the best so I went all pentair which I thought was it. I put in a bunch of globrite lights and they are awesome. The problem is that they only last 3-4 years before they leak and need to be replaced. At $400 per light it gets expensive quickly.

I am very happy with the pentair system overall, but am disappointed with the reliability of the lights

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
We are in SoCal and signed our contract in august 2020 and started October 2020. We finished the pool at the end of April 2021. The pool with pebble, stone, a couple lighting upgrades, ozone and decking was right at $55k. I spent about another 8-10k completely re landscaping front and back. Couldn’t be happier and we use it all the time.
B05957CE-1AB0-4E5F-B310-03ADD758D558.jpeg
0978E445-3454-4CCB-87DF-7ACA5A36B11F.jpeg
330D939A-94B3-4655-A05B-02F6195753B4.jpeg

Riverhound

Reaction score
It's all perspective... Pool, equipment, water feature, and some of the decking were about $65k... Once we were done adding additional decking, custom welded steel pergola and equipment enclosure, outdoor kitchen along with a fire pit, and of course some fake grass its in excess of $110k :eek:
8F6A65C8-9603-46AE-8F1D-E37431563AAB_1_105_c.jpeg
56431DF5-1D56-476D-AC7B-BB376C46D4E4_1_105_c.jpeg
755F3B0E-B271-46AB-91C9-1F2133C95BB7_1_105_c.jpeg

A0D93C6D-76EB-41D6-A873-8566ED1FB7CF_1_105_c.jpeg

c_land

Reaction score

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
That looks like Tucson, just south of Dove Mountain.

Marlo

Reaction score
F6F83FAD-6C84-423C-9674-3221992710A3.png
Fiberglass pool just installed last month. 16x40. In the Midwest about $100,000 for pool, equipment, install, and concrete.
Pros:fast install 8 days start to what you see here finish,
Durable, no replaster/painting
Cons:limited size and shapes, not very customizable
Most are made East of Mississippi...shipping is big$$$$

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've only been in my pool a handful of times, I just clean it and replace parts when needed. It's great ambiance tho.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Should start digging in Havasu in a few weeks since permits are in. Hopefully done about 3 months from start. 15x30 game pool with shelf, table, stools, and a 6x8 spa with a spillway, about 800ft2 of travertine for $70k

Insurance was surprisingly unaffected. We do Airbnb so we even have the rental policy and I honestly don’t even think the pool made a difference.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Should start digging in Havasu in a few weeks since permits are in. Hopefully done about 3 months from start. 15x30 game pool with shelf, table, stools, and a 6x8 spa with a spillway, about 800ft2 of travertine for $70k

Insurance was surprisingly unaffected. We do Airbnb so we even have the rental policy and I honestly don’t even think the pool made a difference.
3 months, that’s hilarious.

RiverCruiser

Reaction score

DMF

Reaction score

I will be really surprised if you don't get hit with material increases.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
We have a pool at the Californian home .
Love it . One of the nest things I have done to get a pool.
Can’t wait to get a pool for the havasu house ..

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Ya’ll making me feel rich! We love our pool. Kids are in it at least 3-4x per week, we use it quite a bit!

mistake #1 when owning a pool, is cleaning and maintaining your own pool.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Didn’t build it.....but one of the main reasons we bought this house was for the pool - it was a “must have” for the next home.

Kids swim daily, I get in a few times a week at a minimum, but enjoy just being near it and having coffee, taking calls, etc.

Gonna work on remodeling the inside first, then the outside is gonna get an outdoor bar / kitchen and a patio cover

Pool life is the life for us!

87E1C23B-09C2-4C6E-8224-54386F637932.jpeg

Last edited:

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I will be really surprised if you don't get hit with material increases.
It’s supposed to be all built into it. Said he already had the equipment stockpiled and his biggest deal was getting the travertine ordered immediately when we signed last month. Have had a few friends use them with success and we locked everything we wanted in so we wouldn’t get any change orders. But I was in construction for long enough to know it isn’t always what was planned on.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Damn, 10 months ugggg.
Are you going plaster or pebble? I know your post says plaster, didn't know if you were just generalizing?

dspracing

Reaction score
Plaster Wednesday, water Thursday, 10 months. LED spillways can’t be found so those will be added later. LED Fire pots just arrived after 8 months, those go on after plaster.

View attachment 1018197
Who is doing your pool? That is exactly how I wanted mine, nice and deep in the center with a reef step and a table. I couldn't get the pool builder to comprehend such a thing.

dspracing

Reaction score
lets start a pool on this pool build,maybe this time next year.lol
Clearly, he owns all of the required equipment and has the necessary labor on payroll in order to accomplish such a thing during these times and in Havasu.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What will the table top be ? Looks really nice
Its a silver grey composite granite, ie fake granite. The pedestal tile and the "ornament" tiles on the edge of the perimeter shelves and stairs glow in the dark. I guess I dont have a picture of it with the top on, its been installed since.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Who is doing your pool? That is exactly how I wanted mine, nice and deep in the center with a reef step and a table. I couldn't get the pool builder to comprehend such a thing.
SandCastle, we worked with Steve the design guy quite a bit to get it the way we wanted. The key feature for us is the spa is negative edge, it overflows on three sides into the returns at the base back into the pool. The two sheer descents light up at night in colors, so it should look pretty cool at night with the fire pots going, the lighted spillways and the glow in the dark tiles.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Hate to admit it but 3 years ago my wife insisted we get a pool. I still said no so she ordered an above ground Embassy pool. (Nicer kind of above ground pool)…..A compromise. I put it up on our FLOOD irrigated Bermuda grass lawn in Phoenix. IT was the most trailer trash thing I did I thought. 3 weeks later I was loving the thing. Stayed clean with some effort and in October I disassembled it and the lawn looked untouched except for some discoloration. Planted rye grass and had no pool to deal with over the winter. Just a few hours to fully setup and take down. I was going to build one too but may be doing this again next year since I sold the pool that winter and the cost to build is stupid right now.

Growing up In Phoenix you learn to think above ground pools are for trailer parks, but some are nicely built. I’d do it again for sure.

East Wood

Reaction score
I kick myself. The wife has begged me for four years to put in a pool and I kept putting it off. She was recently diagnosed with a serious health condition and is super achy all the time (33 but feels like she's 80) so now she wants an above ground spa. I figure, lets just build a pool and spa and be done with it. My suspicions on pricing and availability have come true by reading this post. Shouldn't have waited....I guess ill wait a few years for inground and take a peak at above ground spas.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I kick myself. The wife has begged me for four years to put in a pool and I kept putting it off. She was recently diagnosed with a serious health condition and is super achy all the time (33 but feels like she's 80) so now she wants an above ground spa. I figure, lets just build a pool and spa and be done with it. My suspicions on pricing and availability have come true by reading this post. Shouldn't have waited....I guess ill wait a few years for inground and take a peak at above ground spas.
For her aches you want a above ground spa . The in ground are not therapeutic at all.

hallett21

Reaction score
Plaster Wednesday, water Thursday, 10 months. LED spillways can’t be found so those will be added later. LED Fire pots just arrived after 8 months, those go on after plaster.

View attachment 1018197

That’s going to be a beautiful pool!

But your 10 months is like comparing building a custom home to a tract lol.

Last edited:

East Wood

Reaction score
For her aches you want a above ground spa . The in ground are not therapeutic at all.

Ok you’ve peaked my curiosity. What’s the difference? The sauna thread also has me thinking about that as an option…