WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Avila Beach Stay Recommendations

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Quick get away.. Cant get to DS this year.. ☹..

So thinking me and mama can get some quality chill time together

Any suggestions?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Only been once but the Lighthouse was nice and convenient. The fish market at the end of the pier was no frills but great food.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
The cabins with the private outdoor hot tubs are pretty sweet at Sycamore Inn. Stayed there many times, but never actually down in town.
Dont miss Zorro's cafe in Shell Beach for the best clam chowder you will ever eat.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Not many hotels in Avila. I'd stay in Shell Beach or Pismo. The Cliffs in SB is real nice. Be prepared for crowds. Second on Sycamore Hot Springs.

Minimatt

Reaction score
Old Port Inn and fish market at the end of the pier is now closed. Was out favorite place to eat in Avila, from even before they rebuilt the town. If you want to stay in Avila Beach proper, we've heard from friends that have stayed that the Avila LaFonda Hotel is quite nice, and is just a block or two from the beach. Sycamore is also nice, and most rooms have mineral water hot tubs. But it is a few miles from the beach. Weather will be better at Avila than Shell Beach or Pismo Beach. It is often clear in Avila when the Five Cities are foggy/windy.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What are you going in??

There is an RV park right above the pier/harbor. I intentionally stay in the overflow parking. It's a dirt lot with no hook ups, but...

It has the most beautiful view of the bay. I'd back my toy hauler to the edge of the cliff, drop the back door, and enjoy a view fit for a king. 👍

Roaddawg

Reaction score
We just stayed at the Avila Lighthouse Inn a few weeks ago. Its pretty nice and convenient to what little Avila has to offer.

Husqy510

Reaction score
The wife and I stay at the Avilla village inn. Its a bit of walk to downtown Avilla, but we like the exercise and the hotel is nice and quiet.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
What are you going in??

There is an RV park right above the pier/harbor. I intentionally stay in the overflow parking. It's a dirt lot with no hook ups, but...

It has the most beautiful view of the bay. I'd back my toy hauler to the edge of the cliff, drop the back door, and enjoy a view fit for a king. 👍
Yes... stayed there before.. I loved pretty much staying on the pier and everything that goes along with it. no rv this trip

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Avila is bitchin to go to for a day or 2 (when everything is open and normal). The little fish shack at the end of thepedestrian pier used to have 805's for $2. Great to walk out on the pier and enjoy a cold one on calm spring day. Avila bard is great for food, roasted corn on the cob, some animals if you want to see a petting zoo, etc. There are a few wineries up See Canyon for some local quality wine tasting. And of course, all the things in 5 cities, San Luis obispo, and Edna Valley have to offer.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk