WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Avoid at all costs...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Paid $3.97 for 91 at Arco yesterday. That's up from $3.09 about 8 weeks ago

shunter2005

Reaction score
He's responsible for putting thousands of people out of work the day he got into office. All of those people were working on pipeline projects Trump put in place, that biddick shut down to pacify his followers. You can thank @RodnJen, @squeezer, and all other libtards on here for voting for this idiot president...

:mad:
And, shortly we will not be energy independent anymore, if we aren't already. This bullshit no more fracking policy, just to appease the ultra libs will also kill off oil production. They closed the Bakken down years ago when prices fell and it hasn't opened back up. Kissin' the Saudi's asses for oil which will make it more expensive for every country who buys oil. So yes, Joe Biden, at the very least is partially responsible for gas prices in Sweden and everywhere else. JMO..

Dana757

Reaction score
If you ever happen to need gas at Panamint Valley you'll be in for some sticker shock. But that's well over 6 these days.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Just for pre-clarification, I can't stand this guy or his party. But I've never understood how the President affects this? 1) oil prices are literally global, 2) refinery stuff is local, but not controlled by the White House, 3) State fuel taxes are just that, 4) Federal fuel taxes are country wide. Let me put it differently, is Biden responsible for higher fuel prices in Sweden? Theirs are up too...
The White House does not directly control oil prices, not in the United States or globally. However, President Trump worked towards making the United States "oil independent", meaning we rely less on OPEC and countries like Russia and Venezuela for oil. When the United States is producing oil to meet our own needs, the price is more controllable and not dictated by other nations. When the White House shuts down drilling and pipelines within the United States, we become dependent on the oil other countries produce and the price they are charging for it. Therefore, by making the United States dependent on the oil other nations produce and manipulate the price for, gas prices rise. So, for the higher gas prices, I thank Joe Biden. As for your question about gas prices in Sweden, I do not know the answer to that or an answer as to why the gas prices are up there too.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Except that hasn't happened yet with the exception of Keystone. I only post this stuff so we fight fights that are real. Oil prices above $40 help American workers. It's a fact. $70 is even better for them. I don't like it, but if American oil is good then a rising tide floats all boats... I TOTALLY agree on the benefits of our Independence on foreign oil. IF the Biden administration is successful in stopping fracking for example, then I am with you 100%. But that's not what we are talking about here, it is global oil prices that have risen, and it does help American oil workers.

Maybe another way to look at it. I don't think Covid is Trump's fault, not for a minute, but that's why we had really cheap gas.

Singleton

Reaction score
Except that hasn't happened yet with the exception of Keystone. I only post this stuff so we fight fights that are real. Oil prices above $40 help American workers. It's a fact. $70 is even better for them. I don't like it, but if American oil is good then a rising tide floats all boats... I TOTALLY agree on the benefits of our Independence on foreign oil. IF the Biden administration is successful in stopping fracking for example, then I am with you 100%. But that's not what we are talking about here, it is global oil prices that have risen, and it does help American oil workers.

Maybe another way to look at it. I don't think Covid is Trump's fault, not for a minute, but that's why we had really cheap gas.

Biden via a EO pulled all new oil permits.
while oil @ 70 usually increases oil exploration, right now no one can explore since permits are not being issued

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
and in the mean time the S&P 500 / Dow have blown through new all time highs, so if you ignore inflation and the combined debt of the past 3 stimulus plans passed by both the republicans and democrats, you will be left to opine about gas prices...

XOM - Exxon Mobile stock price has doubled from Nov until today from about 30 a share to 60.39 today....

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Biden via a EO pulled all new oil permits.
while oil @ 70 usually increases oil exploration, right now no one can explore since permits are not being issued
I understand that piece too, but that is still not the whole story. I want to blame Biden, but I just don't see it that way. Heck, I'm in CA, it would be more appropriate to blame CARB and our State Legislature for our fuel prices. Highest in the country. My main point is that this is a global rise in fuel prices and related to usage. There are Americans benefiting from it, and I like when Companies make money, that benefits workers too.

76sanger

Reaction score
You should blame this administration! Remember the obama administration, high ass gas prices then too.
These (government) liberals do not care about the American people first and foremost.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
You should blame this administration! Remember the obama administration, high ass gas prices then too.
These (government) liberals do not care about the American people first and foremost.
OK, and not trying to pick a fight, but how do they control it? I honestly don't know how they would. Permits and fracking bans would be one way for sure, but it doesn't seem possible that would ripple through so fast. Personally I think it is supply and demand.