WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Awesome….

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
He has to decide if there is enough room not me.😉
You might want to rethink that stupidity if you ever get sideswiped and the rider has a GoPro. Pretty sure the judge would rule against you in most circumstances. 🤷🏻‍♂️

D195ABC9-22F1-4806-B3D0-3FA75C2AB013.jpeg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
IMO it's the same sort of internet bravado "I wish a mutherfucker would" type attitude that led us to that shooting on the 55.

To be clear, not saying that spudsbud would do anything near that.
No implications to spudsbud as well...the comment just hit a nerve within me.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
IMO it's the same sort of internet bravado "I wish a mutherfucker would" type attitude that led us to that shooting on the 55.

To be clear, not saying that spudsbud would do anything near that.

i see mongols and other 1%ers on my daily commute to and from Corona. I guarantee “I wish a motherfucker would” would be met with “fuck around and find out” lol

hallett21

Reaction score
You might want to rethink that stupidity if you ever get sideswiped and the rider has a GoPro. Pretty sure the judge would rule against you in most circumstances. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 1028294

If two cars are inside the lines that’s not blocking. Might not be enough room to ride through though. I think that’s what he was getting at.

I have no problem with riders splitting. But I’m not diving out of the way in my 3500 so a guy riding a 1000 can maintain 50mph splitting.

You know the guy we see wringing out the motor because two moving trucks are too close together lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Dave that sucks. Does insurance cover hit and run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The great Phil Hendry once had an episode on his hilarious radio show where he was promoting an added and very separate lane on So Cal freeways only for rich people. That was many years ago on LA radio. Maybe, it’s time is here? Lol
Hit and runs are definitely the norm now in So Cal.

DLC

Reaction score
wow that sounds bad ass!
what system is it? I’m thinking I need one

This. I have a f/r cameras in my V that is plugged into the obd port for power. Cord is hidden very well under the head liner and down the pillar and under the dash. It even has a bump detector that is mounted to the upper front windshield so if someone backs into you from either direction it starts recording. Auto on and auto shut off after 10 min so not to drain yore battery. Total investment was about $150 and self installed. It would pay for itself 10x over if the footage was evidence and they had insurance...
Just gotta put it in the truck now.

Springfield

Reaction score
Bagger bike it appears.
Dashcam(frt&rr) footage turned into your insurane might have helped.
Ziggy I dont think it was a bagger. Or a bagger without a fairing as it would have hit before the bars started scratching. 🤔
Surprising it didnt throw the rider in a tizzy and well.........

And then you could be spot on as the lower scratches from a saddlebag of sorts.

Last edited:

rush1

Reaction score
Like you needed any confirmation of why you left Commiefornia

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
bodyline said they will fix it aug 9.. just more money for no reason, because some guy decided to hit my truck and drive on
I am booked for bodyline on the 9th also, so you have to be after me.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I’m not worried about it lol.
Your fenders might be steel, but my lawyer unstoppable 😘

If you can't see a 102 wide, maybe you shouldn't ride.

And yes, I've been hit by a lane splitter. Shattered driver's side mirror.
At a stoplight.

The life you save might be your own.

Dan'l

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
If you can't see a 102 wide, maybe you shouldn't ride.

And yes, I've been hit by a lane splitter. Shattered driver's side mirror.
At a stoplight.

The life you save might be your own.

Dan'l
This thread is based on the fact that Dave was sitting in California traffic. Why would I have to worry about your trailer in the #1 lane or fast trak? Filtering on the street is completely different than filtering on the freeway. I don’t filter to the front at stoplights if it’s not feasible. I still maintain my line in between cars to not get crushed by dumb drivers not paying attention but my main focus on the streets is on other hazards that might kill me along the way. Ie idiots making left turns, blind u turns, doors opening, red light runners etc

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
This thread is based on the fact that Dave was sitting in California traffic. Why would I have to worry about your trailer in the #1 lane or fast trak? Filtering on the street is completely different than filtering on the freeway. I don’t filter to the front at stoplights if it’s not feasible. I still maintain my line in between cars to not get crushed by dumb drivers not paying attention but my main focus on the streets is on other hazards that might kill me along the way. Ie idiots making left turns, blind u turns, doors opening, red light runners etc

Good that you keep an eye on things.

My perspective is from the truck lanes. Bikes splitting in the truck lanes are putting their lives at risk. The 91 thru the canyon seemed to have the worst offenders. I-10 @ I-15 wasn't much better.

Az doesn't have antiquated truck lane restrictions like the land of fruits and nuts does. So there's that.

Dan'l

outboard_256

Reaction score
that sucks, do you have a dash cam? Maybe you can get a plate off the video.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

It's funny that lane filtering is legal pretty much everywhere else in the world except the US, save for California (and New Jersey?).

Since drivers aren't used to it here we consider it dangerous or stupid... But it makes sense to get the smaller bikes out of the lanes of traffic.

Taboma

Reaction score
Stay out of California

Good point, I 2nd that 👍
We've got far to many Zonie crappy drivers roaming our San Diego roads enjoying our comfy summer weather as it is 😁
That was just a love tap to send you packing, if you don't get the message, well, can't say we didn't warn ya. 😂

Maybe if Dave hangs a sign in the window, proclaiming he's a San Diego X-Pat and here to visit mom ? Might help, who knows. 🤔

DBMX

Reaction score
I assume he was splitting lanes?

I used to work for a motorcycle company and one of the former employees would clip mirrors all the time and never stop. I kept telling him it was bad karma, a dick thing to do, and a bad look for motorcyclists in general. He just laughed it off.

PaPaG

Reaction score
If this was just an accident and he stopped all would be ok hopefully but if he ran I WOULD HAVE LOVED to see the POS crash HARD real HARD a block away. Honor has been thrown out the window in our times...I comment the few who still have it.

Taboma

Reaction score
What I’ve gathered from this thread is that 4waters would turn waffles into a pancake if the opportunity presented itself.

Well in general, member waffles doesn't come across as being a friendly sorta guy, so 4waters might have to just get in line. 😳 ;)

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
If this was just an accident and he stopped all would be ok hopefully but if he ran I WOULD HAVE LOVED to see the POS crash HARD real HARD a block away. Honor has been thrown out the window in our times...I comment the few who still have it.

I'd never want a biker to "crash HARD" as you put it.

Bike knocked over by a Prius in a 7-11 parking lot? Or a Kenworth at a truck stop parking lot?
Karma?

Dan'l

PaPaG

Reaction score
I'd never want a biker to "crash HARD" as you put it.

Bike knocked over by a Prius in a 7-11 parking lot? Or a Kenworth at a truck stop parking lot?
Karma?

Dan'l
I get what you mean. I typically hate when motorists screw with bikes and visa versa, a person running from an accident is no better than a all out criminal to me so that is why I put Crash Hard, I hate criminals and they all deserve to get hurt someway or another...karma should pay them back 10x the amount of harm they caused. Just my feeling regarding POS' that run from accidents. I would not want the rider to get critically hurt though, just total his or her bike and a huge amount of bills....maybe a broken arm or foot lol...