WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AWESOME BUCKET LIST TRIP !

Travmon

Reaction score
Finally got the chance to attend MONTEREY CAR WEEK, WOW ! Grabbed the Dynamax , the dog and a buddy that does our cad design work and headed out for a week of exotics..Camped at LAGUNA SECA for 5 days and had a great view from the coach , CORKSCREW corner. It was so cool to see so many of the race cars I grew up with taking to the track... They call it a "MUSEUM SPRINGING TO LIFE " and they are correct...If you love old race cars this is a must attend event ..
IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5101.JPG
IMG_5102.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5335.JPG
IMG_5334.JPG
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5327 (1).JPG
IMG_5330.JPG
IMG_5328.JPG
IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5416.JPG
IMG_5339.JPG
IMG_5342.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5326.JPG
    IMG_5326.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 30

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great event, track and location (even if the locals have hated on the track's "noise" for years). I had the opportunity to drive my Porsche Boxster S on that track - it was a thrill for me especially trying to learn the line and coming through the corkscrew.

I've been there a number of times to watch CanAm cars race https://www.google.com/search?q=can...i22i29i30l3.7686j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

as well as MotoGP races highlighted by Kenny Roberts, Randy Mamola, Freddie Spencer and others - was there in 1988 for this:

Cdog

Reaction score
It really is an amazing track. Probably my favorite. As scary as the corkscrew is, it’s the turn before it that’s the butt clencher.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
It really is an amazing track. Probably my favorite. As scary as the corkscrew is, it’s the turn before it that’s the butt clencher.

Turn left off this cliff!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Always wanted to see what Cannery row was like. Thanks for posting.
That gto and Dodge Dart are cool. I’ve done some laps in the Cougar around Willow Springs. Didn’t see the Falcon?

edit Cougar laps were shotgun

Last edited:

lenmann

Reaction score
@Travmon can you share any details on the camping at the track? Last time I was there was about 40 years ago and I have been wanting to get back, I hadn't considered camping at the track.

How did you make reservations?
Is access in and out to Monterey easy?
Was the camping good? Dry or hook ups? Amenities, etc?

Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.

nowski

Reaction score
Back in the day we use to go to Monterrey for 3 things: Moto GP, Porsche Week and Dennis the Menace Park...
p1.JPG
p2.JPG
p3.JPG
p4.JPG
p5.JPG
p6.JPG
p7.JPG
p8.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
This was my first time at Laguna Seca as well. We hoofed it all over and up to the Corkscrew. That's quite a climb but what a view! My favorite day was Saturday watching the Formula 1's. Loud and fast...got to love it. My two friends I was there with used to race their Porsches there.

rightytighty

Reaction score
My friend drove his blue/ white Ford GT on the parade lap this year. He’s just finished this corvette and hopes to race it there next year. Here was “The first drive, lol!” It got better...

edit- video didn’t work but here’s a screen shot from the video. It’s got a nasty 700 hp smal block and a racing clutch. It was a “stall fest”on the first drive
A6A565BC-2AD3-40DB-AEE3-2D8441096925.png

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Rory did such an amazing job with the Mickey Thompson Challenger, looks like you saw the nicest of the nice out there.

Travmon

Reaction score
The tagline for this event is “ A MOTORSPORTS MUSEUM SPRINGING TO LIFE “ and that is pretty damn accurate. Camping on the top of the highest peak was cool but a bit windy. No hookups in that area but water is available. There is a dump station on the property. Campsites with hook ups are available but not many and are near the paddock entrance. A few companies set a rental RV up for you if needed. You can reserve a golf cart or bring your own. If you bring your own it must have a million dollar policy on it. I did bring a couple carts and quite glad i did as some of the hills can be a buzz killer. There is a ton of people that just pay for general camping and find a spot all over.
A very chill event ( except for the Porsche bomb scare) with a bunch of really smart people that love talking about the history of the car they brought. When i go next time i will probably do a motel in town and buy the v.i.p pass so I get fed all day.
It is alot to see in 5 days with three different auction companies rolling ,The track action , all the different shows at all the beach towns , concourse at pebble beach and all the badd assery happening at the quail lodge. I did not see it all simply for the reason to go back.

Travmon

Reaction score
Oh yeah , alot of those plastic wine glass things in peoples hands so you know there is zero fighting going on. Yes they are a boring little group but they have some serious hardware. Me bringing a golfcart with lighted whips and LOTS of stereo was not as accepted as most of my ventures.👯‍♀️

Travmon

Reaction score
@Travmon can you share any details on the camping at the track? Last time I was there was about 40 years ago and I have been wanting to get back, I hadn't considered camping at the track.

How did you make reservations?
Is access in and out to Monterey easy?
Was the camping good? Dry or hook ups? Amenities, etc?

Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.
Easy in and out to Monterey yes , reserve through the track ( camping available all year wether there is an event or not). Worth every penny I spent for the memory